iDT Simulations LLC announces Champ Car World Series deal.

Posted by DaveEllis 
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

iDT Simulations LLC announces Champ Car World Series deal.

COSTA MESA, CA., Nov. 6th - iDT Simulations LLC and Virtual-E Corporation are proud to announce the signing of an exclusive 3-year license agreement with the Champ Car World Series to develop a PC-based Champ Car racing simulation.

iDT Simulations LLC is a worldwide team of racing software developers, drivers and enthusiasts dedicated to making the most realistic racing simulation possible. Over the past six years iDT has established itself as the premier developer of Champ Car software in the sim racing community. Now, working alongside Virtual-E Corp., iDT will focus its international team on creating the most authentic Champ Car racing experience.

Designed for both race training and home entertainment, Virtual-E Corp.’s VirtualGT Personal Racing Simulator is a premium product offering precision controls, high resolution graphics, and an astounding sound system that delivers the most complete virtual racing experience possible.

“It’s the perfect combination of hardware and software to make the racing experience as realistic as possible.” says iDT CEO Pierre Pelonero. “We received an outstanding reception to both the VirtualGT and our simulation at the recent 2006 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Our team was founded by Champ Car World Series fans so we want to represent them as accurately as possible and we are proud to be a part of the finest racing series in the world.”

The simulation is slated for an April 2007 release to coincide with the opening month of the 2007 Champ Car season and will incorporate all the drivers, teams and circuits of the 2006 season. An add-on is scheduled for later in the year which will update the simulation to 2007 specifications, including the new Panoz DP01. Both the VirtualGT and simulation software can be experienced first hand at Champ Car events throughout the 2007 season.

For more information on the Champ Car World Series simulation, see TeamiDT.net
For more information on the VirtualGT simulators, see Virtual GT.com

iDT Simulations LLC Contact Information:
Pierre Pelonero – President , Mobile: (714) 227-5428. Email: pierre@teamidt.net
Andy Driscoll – CEO, Mobile: (UK) 07833557229. Email: andy@teamidt.net

==================================================== ======
Indianapolis, IN, Nov. 1, 2006 - The Champ Car World Series has signed a 3-year license agreement with Costa Mesa, California based Virtual-E Corporation to develop a premium CCWS PC-based racing simulation system that will be available for fans to try and buy during major races starting with in April 2007.

This system will employ the VirtualGT Professional Racing Simulator, which uses intense sound and vibration to reproduce the feeling of driving a real Champ car, coupled with custom racing simulation software created by iDT Simulations, LLC. iDT has been recognized over the past 3 years as the premier Champ Car racing software development team. Now, as a division of Virtual-E Corp., iDT will focus its international team on creating the most authentic Champ Car racing experience by optimizing the software for use with VirtualGT's precision controls, high resolution graphics, and amazing sound system.

This software will be available to try and purchase starting with the Long Beach Grand Prix in April 2007. Fans can also pick up a free demo CD at the VirtualGT Racing Center in the Expo Hall or download it from CCWS and sponsors' websites.

Later in the 2007 season, Virtual-E and iDT will offer an add-on pack for the full 2007 Season with all team cars and all tracks, as well as a special lower priced version of VirtualGT so any fan can take home the incredible simulation system that they experience at the events.

[virtualgt.com]
www.teamidt.net

==================================================== ======

Virtual-E Partners with iDT Simulations for Custom Software
Virtual-E adds custom software development through a close partnership with iDT Simulations, LLC. We are working together to deliver world-class racing simulation to Champ Car fans next year. Look for Virtual Racing Centers at many Champ Car events in the US where fans can try out this amazing combination of the VirtualGT simulator running iDT's incredibly detailed software.

www.teamidt.net for more info
[virtualgt.com] for more info

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Cool B-D
Wow - congratulations Dave, and to all of your colleagues! :)

Sounds like a great deal for you guys, and i'm sure the finished product will be cool.

One question - will they allow you guys to continue with the CCWS rFactor mod?

Yes. 1998 CART FedEx Championship Series can continue as planned as a side project.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
worst kept "secret" ever :P
hopefully the game will rock. although...........;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2006 11:11PM by Mini Maestro.
Yeah..its a bit like announcing that tomorrow is tuesday, i know lol. But its official now :)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Will it be based around the rfactor game engine or will a totally new engine be produced?

Modified gMotor2 engines to suit our needs.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
*Is shocked*

*Calls up CEO and says "HIZ" to him*
that's one of the best news i've heard Dave!! :)
Well nice to know there is a ChampCar game on the way (as it was NEWS for me )... And it surely was long overdue since the good old Papyrus IndyCar II and the bad ChampCar Precision Racing... I just hope it will step into Indycar II´s footsteps rather into the later ;-)
If it's released in the UK, I may actually buy this! Always had some interest in CCWS and CART, this is long overdue IMHO.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

bout time we had an american open wheeler again, i used to love papys indycar 2, that enabled my first ever drive around Laguna Seca :)

I'm sure you guys know the current benchmarks, heres to hopefully seeing them raised in every dept

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2006 11:48AM by LS..
turkey_machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If it's released in the UK, I may actually buy
> this! Always had some interest in CCWS and CART,
> this is long overdue IMHO.

im pretty sure itll be an online download :)

I'm pretty sure it's gonna kick ass :) Good luck to all you guys at iDT
Out of interest although I don't know whether you'll have done much yet on this project, will the modified physics engine contain proper turbo modelling? Rather than from what I've seen ISI seems to only simulate regular aspirated engines.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Dont need to model a turbo. Turbo lag hasnt been noticeable in a Champ Car since the mid 90s. Using Michael Andrettis own words, its "non-exsistant". So altho we *could* make it model a turbo, why bother if the anti-lag is going to stop it having any effect anyway?

Stand by for news on the Grand American Rolex Series and daytona 24hr simulations

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2006 10:36PM by DaveEllis.
Will it be possible to save a race mid-game, as in GTR2 and GP4?

rFactor and F1C doesn't have this and it really hacks me off.

Cant answer that for now unfortunatly (Im not allowed to answer alot, and alot we dont even know yet). But you will know before the games released :)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Good news Dave! Keep us posted.:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2006 12:35AM by cynic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy