pro evo 6 xbox 360 intial thoughts, its getting better

Posted by ralv585 

and online is a joke, only had 1 game, but that took 30mins to find one!

well its not even supposed to be out yet so I wouldnt judge that part of it yet ;)
I've only played about half an hour so far, personally I think the fouls are much better now, they went way over the top in pro evo 5, now you still have to time a standing challange right to get the ball but if you do it wrong it just means you dont make the tackle, you dont give away a free kick like before which resulted in the game stopping every 15 seconds. Also i've found you get booked more often for bad sliding tackles which is an improvement too.
Other than that I havent played it enough to say really, graphics look great but its a big disapointment that you can only edit players and only partially (meaning cant change club or league names, also cant change player names on the back of shirts which is just rediculous, so you now have Giggs walking about with Gils on the back of his shirt even though i've edited his actual name!) Also you cant save replays which is a pain.
Still definately worth buying but its obvious the next one will be the real next-gen pro evo.

Re: pro evo 6 xbox 360 intial thoughts, its getting better
Date: October 27, 2006 01:18AM
Posted by: gav
So they've actually removed features? :|

I'd be staying with PES5 if it still worked on my setup (PC version)...
I say no one buys it, it just rewards lazyness. It won't be long until a good PES comes out
It's a good game, but it's lacking something tbh. Still miles better than FIFA though.
So they've actually removed features? :|

it's because its the first xbox 360 version (although some of the features they've taken out I dont see how they couldnt have very easily reinstated them) The ps2 version will have all the features of the old ones but with the new gameplay (and obviously, will look shite and have a shite online service ;) )

well, it looks like im taking it back today, i just can't get into it, and playing with the xbox 360 pad feels wrong.

i could keep it but the graphics are not that improved from current gen, seeing ronaldihno celebrate made my mind up, for similar graphics and more content, i'll trade it in for the pc version.

im hoping pro evo 7 has all the bells and whistles this time next year.

The Xbox 360 controller is absolutely miles better than the PS2 pad.

Only annoying thing about it is they swapped the trigger and bumper button functions around from PES5 last year, easily fixed though.
we have had some many people bring PES6 back and get Fifa, we played it when we got it in store on tuesday and tbh... its crap. Even the three people in our shop who are PES fans dont like it.
After doing a back to back comparison with pes6 and fifa 07 on the 360 i'm actually considering taking pes back which is something I never thought i'd say ;)
Pes still plays a better game but the gap is not what it was (and certain things Fifa does better now) and the half-arsed nature of pes6 really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I anticipate i'll be back to being a pes fanboy with number 7 but for now I think I might have to go to the darkside. Hopefully the not too favourable reveiws and stories of people taking it back will give Konami a kick up the arse for next time.

To be fair, FIFA is just as bad with the "OMG, Next-Gen = less features" as Pro Evo is.
Not really, its just got less teams than the ps2 & xbox version.

fifa is putting out a patch to update stuff - at least it shows they short of care a little bit (even if it's they only care about people getting pissed off and not buying it) where as all pes games on the pc are half arsed straight ports and pes has been the same game for years now. Same engine, they won't even drastically overhaul that which is what it needs - 8 directions = joke. I won't be buying either probably.

H E L L O
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy