F1 on PS3!

Posted by pippo10 
F1 on PS3!
Date: April 30, 2006 11:30AM
Posted by: pippo10
what do you guys think about this little demo :-)

[ftp.planet.nl]

i like the sound when the cam is on tires, sounds really 'real'

FORZA FERRARI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2006 11:30AM by pippo10.
Re: F1 on PS3!
Date: April 30, 2006 11:32AM
Posted by: Harry
What has this to do with Grand Prix 4 ?
Date: April 30, 2006 11:35AM
Posted by: Nickv
Nothing and it's been posted a gazillion times.

But the shapes suck and the game won't look anything like that.
Date: April 30, 2006 11:36AM
Posted by: bratwurst boy
i think it's OLD.

Date: April 30, 2006 11:53AM
Posted by: pippo10
it looks verry realistick to me, and even if it is OLD, it looks great.

FORZA FERRARI
Date: April 30, 2006 12:32PM
Posted by: Laguna
what a big ~~

GP4-ARGENTINA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2006 12:34PM by Laguna.
Date: April 30, 2006 12:42PM
Posted by: ralphi
it's crap.. that is a render, the game will never look like that, and even tho it's a render it looks horrible....

Date: April 30, 2006 12:45PM
Posted by: TakkU
Yea idd, it's rendered and it's not realtime... Maybe the shapes will look like this, but damage certainy not!!!

BMW.QuiKK Racing Engineering Manager

#0. BMW.QuiKK Motorsports | rFNL
rFactor Nederland league Leader
[rfnl.totr2007.com]
Date: April 30, 2006 01:09PM
Posted by: Monza972
Even the renault looks crap just look at the nose cone
Date: April 30, 2006 02:04PM
Posted by: Overgone
I think they could do with a couple of lessons with some of our great modelers and painters :)

[www.purevolume.com]
Date: April 30, 2006 03:39PM
Posted by: paulhackettevans
No matter what they look like, Sony's F1 games have always been unplayable. That's despite there having been some nice racing games for the PS2 and PSP.

For me, nothing compares with GP4. That's why I'd love Microsoft to sign up Geoff Crammond to write a new Grand Prix game for the PC and X-Box 360. It would be terrific!
Date: April 30, 2006 04:09PM
Posted by: alp776
it is the result of this stupid exclusivity Sony got for several years ..until 2007 I think..then they don't care about the quality they spend just a few yen for changing the colors of the cars these games are a pitty I bought all of them and kept them only a few days...there is no comparison with GP4!!!
Date: April 30, 2006 04:27PM
Posted by: madotter
how many times does this video have to been shown

OMGZZ LOOK AT THIZ NEW F! GAME FOR PZ3!!!
Date: April 30, 2006 05:29PM
Posted by: ralphi
madotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how many times does this video have to been shown
>
> OMGZZ LOOK AT THIZ NEW F! GAME FOR PZ3!!!

about as man as your computer thread...

Date: April 30, 2006 06:19PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magic Senna
Date: May 01, 2006 12:48AM
Posted by: erwin_78
old, so is gp4 ;)
You can call it crap, but i think you all make the mistakes to look at the latest modeled gp4 cars. That's not fair. Compair it to the default carshapes from gp4, those look crap too. Even worse they are based on the gp3 car model!

The graphical engine looks nice (what ever they used to create this movie). I hope after the sony-era a new game comes with a new decent game engine, because the gp4 engine very out-dated and is freaking me out with all it's limits.
Hopefully something better comes soon instead of the toysRus-EA-engine (i know it's called different, but i forgot it's name)
Date: May 01, 2006 12:53AM
The best thing about GP4 is that you can have fantastic races with it at any level from complete rookie to ace. The updated cars and tracks keep it relevant to today, while all the performance tools that are available make it poosible to be the F1 game you really want it to be. The only thing that could improve on it would be state-of-the-art graphics and sounds. Sony's F1 games just aren't fun to play. Whatever future F1 games/sims come along, it's the playability at all levels that needs to be kept from GP4.
Date: May 01, 2006 01:16AM
Posted by: keiran
That video is just too funny ;)

They could have made the cars look like they were actually connected to the tarmac rather than giving the impression of having bags of grip and super stuff suspension/chassis.

Nothing special will come from Sony on the F1 front, they need to keep there games mainstream to keep it open to the wider audience.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: May 01, 2006 02:42AM
In that video, all the smoke streaming off the rear tyres as they pull away from the start is cringe-worthy. Real F1 cars have traction control that means the wheelspin Sony show so proudly just doesn't happen!
Date: May 01, 2006 09:01AM
Posted by: IWE
About real ingame video as those old williams animations 15 years ago was.. and quality is even worse now.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy