Thats great Gui!

maybe we can call the host game GPG, and the password would be...? GPGOnline

we could race anything, on familiar circuits, maybe 2 laps around nordshcielf

if anyone wants to play, add me on msn... yupyupno@hotmail.co.uk

then we can start to arrange a daily race or weekend race

Re: GTR 2 -----------THE NEW AGE-----------
Date: January 03, 2008 03:42AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Maybe we can start planning something for about 4-5 days from now so we can start gathering interest first ;-). I'd say we go for the GT3/NGT cars as there's more balance and it's not just a lot of power which creates a bigger gap and we can go on some traditional tracks. As much as I dislike Barcelona, it's good to play on the PC, for example.
Date: January 03, 2008 12:09PM
Posted by: ralv585
yeah, i've already pm'ed a few guuys here who used to race, but they haven't got back to me yet, i'll check msn later to see if they have added me, also some other forum members are interested, so we've got at least 4 already, i think 5-6 would be perfect.

yep, ngt cars are ideal, maybe g3 as well, the new bmw m3 cars are superb, a few laps around nordshcleif would suit those cars perfectly

Date: January 03, 2008 03:01PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
I need to buy it first... But I like to join.. I am fed up with RF atm .. SO I think i will go racing GTR2
The audi Rs4 mod seems to bee quite good to ;-)

I will join over an week, Cos I am going skiing for a week.. I am back the 14th..
And I will need a cheap ass copy of the game;) .. Whats the price these days? 25 euro's is the cheapest i could find..

Magic Senna
Date: January 03, 2008 05:03PM
i got mine for £14.99 at Game, so that should roughly translate to around 20-25 EUROS

the audi mod is good, the default cockpit view is a bit low, but thats easily adjustable

online is so good if people race clean, which i hope to find here

Date: January 03, 2008 08:27PM
Can't we just drive default stuff? ;) I'd like to just take a Ferrari 360 and cruise around :p. Brno is not a bad place.
Date: January 04, 2008 09:31AM
Posted by: IL Dottore
Cool for me.. I will buy the game when i get back from my trip.. :)

Magic Senna
Date: January 04, 2008 10:10AM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
Nice that this is actually starting again..

I said to Ruben in PM I do not have that much time, and GTR2 hasn't got my full interest anymore, but who knows, when this really gets on its feet again :)

I'm concerned about pings and lags though. The GTR2 netcode isn't that good like rF's one. Though, if you set up the net transfer rates it's should be just fine.

One thing: My interest isn't great anymore because on the default tracks I have really weird bugs. When I want to race Hockenheim, and running wide on the second corner, the sand trap begins just next to the racing line? Oh, this also is the case in Barcelona (3rd looong corner): when running wide 1,5 meters outside the racing line, my car will get pulled into the sand traps on the left. (it's like going in those traps, but the only thing is seeying tarmac under the car.

Hope someone can help.

Date: January 04, 2008 02:57PM
@gui, we'll use tracks and cars everyone is happy with, i love the ngt and g2 cars, perfect for sliding around and fast enough :)

@floris, the netcode seems pretty decent to me, maybe things have changed since you last went online, but i haven't really experienced too much lag, only when running 20+ cars do cars seem to skip, but as there'll be only 5-7 of us hopefully, it shouldn't be a big deal

Date: January 04, 2008 05:07PM
Posted by: kit-kat
Floris_Koop_GP4Freak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice that this is actually starting again..
>
> I said to Ruben in PM I do not have that much
> time, and GTR2 hasn't got my full interest
> anymore, but who knows, when this really gets on
> its feet again :)
>
> I'm concerned about pings and lags though. The
> GTR2 netcode isn't that good like rF's one.
> Though, if you set up the net transfer rates it's
> should be just fine.
>
> One thing: My interest isn't great anymore because
> on the default tracks I have really weird bugs.
> When I want to race Hockenheim, and running wide
> on the second corner, the sand trap begins just
> next to the racing line? Oh, this also is the case
> in Barcelona (3rd looong corner): when running
> wide 1,5 meters outside the racing line, my car
> will get pulled into the sand traps on the left.
> (it's like going in those traps, but the only
> thing is seeying tarmac under the car.

>
> Hope someone can help.

Think you are running wide onto the marbles (tyre build up) as this game uses Live track technology: the track characteristics change during the race!

You can see the marble build up just of the racing line after 10 or so laps & will give you sever under steer when you run thro it!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!
Date: January 04, 2008 06:23PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Count me in ;-) Looking forward :) would be good if i am able to run the car out of my sig ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2008 06:29PM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: January 04, 2008 06:45PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Count me in too, should be good fun, about time I joined a league ;)
Date: January 04, 2008 10:27PM
Byron, you won't, that car is on the upper class ;)
Date: January 04, 2008 11:05PM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
@ Kit-kat

No, it is definalely not the marbles. When I drive in those invisible sandtraps, it just makes the same sound when actually driving in one. I know a bug when I see one ;)

And, it happens from the start of lap 1..

Date: April 04, 2008 09:50AM
So fellas, the website is down and no one has said anything again! GTR 2 now has finished mods that we can run and new stuff.

-Ford GT40 [www.nogripracing.com]
-Japan SGT300 [www.nogripracing.com]
-WTCC 2006/2007
-FIA GT 2007
Date: September 25, 2008 05:14PM
Posted by: anze89
Sorry to bring this topic back to the front page but I have a question regarding Nordschleife by DutchDevil for GTR 2. The track is awesome, but I have big problems getting fast through 180 degree banked corner named Karussell. What line should I take? I never seem to hit the banked part perfectly, so in most cases I hit the asphalt with the car's bottom. Do this modern cars even fit the banked part or is it simply too narrow?

And the second question is, what are good lap times? I'm driving the VLN layout (Nordschleife joint with short GP circuit) with Aston Martin DBR9 from WSGT mod (great mod btw.) that is no faster than original cars and my best lap is 8:02.657

Date: September 26, 2008 12:09AM
and I have a question about setting up the changing weather in GTR 2... how do you do it? ;)
Date: September 26, 2008 01:02PM
Posted by: anze89
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and I have a question about setting up the
> changing weather in GTR 2... how do you do it? ;)

you must be joking. If you're not: at the same screen as setting up what will you drive and how many laps has the race there's also a slider with which you set up the weather.

btw. I just improved my best lap on Nordschleife, driving Ferrari F550 (2004 season). The lap time was 7:56.438 and IMO the lap was almost perfect. I have to check the replay to see where can I improve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2008 01:09PM by anze89.
Date: September 26, 2008 10:32PM
Anze, there's something you can download that allows the weather to change during EACH session because GTR 2 doesn't have changeable weather, only from one session to another.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy