so netKar Pro is finally out...

Posted by Sil3nt-War 
Re: so netKar Pro is finally out...
Date: September 08, 2009 06:23PM
Posted by: gav
It's not a game though, in the true sense. It's a proper simulation - the only thing really missing is death and injury and g-forces. It's not like GPx (as much as I loved that) or 95%+ of the rFactor mods. It's as true to life as racing on a home PC can currently get.

If you won't pay it, you don't take sim-racing as seriously as you thought you did. There's around 8,000 of active members of iRacing I think it is (around 11,000 accounts, 3,000 of which aren't used that frequently) - including many professional racing drivers - so we're hardly in a minority. That's a massive number for a subscription based simulation.

There are racing wheels that cost 4 figures and more. Hydraulic frames that probably cost £5,000 or something. iRacing isn't targeting the casual guy who plays a bit of RACE or GTR. It's targeting the hardcore racing fans and sim racers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 06:26PM by gav.
Date: September 08, 2009 06:44PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
xbox live costs £40 a year, and for that you get unregulated abusive players in a completely unplayable enviroment. iRacings system provides servers and much more in depth stats than Xbox live, and regulates players.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 08, 2009 09:38PM
Posted by: madotter
Oh I do agree with what you are all saying, i'm not here to tell you what is right and wrong. As for WOW costing a similar amount, that's a good comment. Xbox live I agree is a sham but it's not only for one game, it is for any games but that is neither here nor there. The only thing I do still think is a bit unfair is that you only get a handful of cars and tracks, you then have to buy more but again, obviously people do buy them otherwise they wouldn't do it. As said, if you are a hardcore sim racer than fair enough :)
Date: September 08, 2009 09:45PM
Posted by: gav
For the record, I'm not saying that I agree with the price of iRacing. I think as a business, they'd gain more if they lowered their prices substantially.

Then again, I think that would tempt racers who are less serious, more who wouldn't have the motivation to gain the safety standard that iRacing rewards. Of course, there are already plenty like that in iRacing in the lower ranks, but it would be a lot worse if the price made it attractive to everyone.

The advantage of the high pricing is that for the most part, only those who want to race are the ones to sign up.
Date: September 08, 2009 11:51PM
I used to think that Gav, but I decided I can no longer can see how it'd hurt by lowering prices. Sure you'd attract less hardcore racers, but you'd also convert a percentage of them. Perhaps small, but every little counts. Anyone who doesn't get hooked would just quit, or hang out in the Rookie cars anyway. The SR and protest system should allow any trouble makers to be removed anyway.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 09, 2009 12:01AM
Posted by: Guimengo
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not a game though, in the true sense. It's a
> proper simulation

It gives a different dimension to driving in your PC indeed but what I've read around the net still suggest it isn't a proper real-life simulation.

On Nick's point, I'd never pay a monthly fee for WoW, iRacing (each car and track sold separately), XBox Live... we pay enough as it is.
Date: September 09, 2009 12:22AM
But you've actually TRIED it. Why do you need to read around the net to know?

It's by far the best, most accurate simulation available for drivers and enthusiasts today.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 09, 2009 03:13AM
I tried but I only ran for a few days on the trial back in February. I stuck on Mazda and that was fun, then the Radical but didn't like the car, I ran some on the Skip Barber and stopped. I know there have been updates since so my opinion is outdated and getting feedback from a lot of people, including you and others in the VT forum, is a nice read.
Date: March 27, 2010 10:55AM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Got to say I love Netkar. I bought the demo and was impressed, so bought the license. In my (humble) opinion, the force feedback is just as good as iRacing, and you feel just as connected to the track. The physics are probably second only to iRacing, the sounds have improved, and the tyre physics with regards to flatspots and visible dirt and wear are unique at the minute.

Only problem in my opinion is the killer though - not enough people racing online, and not enough people using it in general. I have never made my own setups, and have relied on downloading them. I feel this sim could help me learn how to setup a car though, I enjoy it that much to be able to just hotlap around and around.
Found a series on Race2Play though that I signed up for, and hopefully that'll test out the multiplayer properly :)
Date: March 27, 2010 11:56AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I bought it recently too, and I think it's great, driving the F2000 car around is a blast.
Yeah it's a shame about the lack of people online, coupled with the fact that there is no AI. I hope that it gets included sometime, but it's doubtful..
Check over at race department, there is a club night on tuesdays....
[www.racedepartment.com]
Date: March 27, 2010 05:46PM
Also, where is the ghostcar config? i can't find it
Date: March 27, 2010 07:33PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
DaveEllis Wrote:
> xbox live costs £40 a year, and for that you get
> unregulated abusive players in a completely
> unplayable enviroment. iRacings system provides
> servers and much more in depth stats than Xbox
> live, and regulates players.

Bollocks. Xbox live provides a service which at present is excellent. Maybe not for racing games as people will just crash into you but for games like MW2 and TF2 the servers are generally great and abusive players can simply be kicked or muted. it's well worth the £40 per year.
Date: March 28, 2010 03:27AM
Gené and Tonic Wrote:
> Also, where is the ghostcar config? i can't find
> it

Does netkar pro have a ghostcar feature for hotlapping?
I wasn't aware of it...
Date: March 28, 2010 10:08AM
On the previous page someone mentioned about Netkar now having a ghostcar config...but google tells me he's the only one that's found it :p
Date: March 28, 2010 10:37PM
Gené and Tonic Wrote:
> On the previous page someone mentioned about
> Netkar now having a ghostcar config...but google
> tells me he's the only one that's found it :p

Haha ;)
Date: December 04, 2010 05:40PM
So how's the game now, as in the past couple of months we've had more announcements and previews for new stuff than in the previous couple of years combined ;).
Date: December 19, 2010 03:08PM
It's great Gui! ;)
The Formula KS2 car has recently been released, which is netKar's version of a GP2 car, and it is awesome, such a blast to drive.
The handling and FFB are second to none.
Coming soon will be wet weather and a Shelby tin-top :)
Also lots of tracks are being released for it on a regular basis, such as Suzuka, Mugello and A1-Ring.
It really is worth it now IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 03:08PM by salvasirignano.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy