NetKar Pro: April 10 Release Pre Order Available

Posted by Sil3nt-War 
Re: NetKar Pro: April 10 Release Pre Order Available
Date: March 22, 2006 08:45PM
Posted by: Peat
keiran, i dont think he is a malicious mastermind craving attention. i thinks he's a wally.

anyway, back on topic. DO you reckon NetKar Pro will blow rfactor out of the water? or is it a totally different concept all togther?

Date: March 22, 2006 09:02PM
Posted by: Glyn
I think netKar will be more sim like (although I share the same opinion on rFactors physics as a number of members on here, which I wont go into again), and if they control modding the mods we get should be of the highest quality which is a blessing really.

Only problem from the offset though will be fictional tracks, but realistic (if slightly samey) cars.

netKar will easily blow rFactor away for hardcore simmers. rFactor is more mainstream.
Date: March 22, 2006 11:34PM
Posted by: matthewp
rfactor has been spoiled somewhat for me by the huge amount of total rubbish released for it, I spent a few weeks checking everything out and trying to find the good stuff but after that couldnt be bothered. So the fact that netkar will control it is good I think. As far as physics go i'm sure it'll be very good, but then I think rfactor is already pretty damn good too.

On the topic of rFactors crap, we keep a thread on v12 for the high quality tracks. Anything not posted in there is not worth having. We will do the same with other addons later.

Not sure i like the idea of controlled addons. It was attempted by rFactor with the Round Table and was shot down within hours. if nKPro can make it work then cool, but they better be carefull with it :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the topic of rFactors crap, we keep a thread on
> v12 for the high quality tracks. Anything not
> posted in there is not worth having. We will do
> the same with other addons later.
>
I'm there! Where do I sign up. :)

Date: March 23, 2006 12:05AM
Posted by: keiran
As far as I'm aware nK isn't going to control the mods. The dev kit will be sold seperatley and by the sounds of it will include some nice tools to help modders.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
keiran Wrote:
> As far as I'm aware nK isn't going to control the
> mods. The dev kit will be sold seperatley and by
> the sounds of it will include some nice tools to
> help modders.
>
> Keiran

it will need a password system or something similar e.t.c. otherwise the kit will be put up on torrents site all to quickly.

Im fairly sure the devkit is free. You only need to pay if your doing a TC (total conversion).
MarcLister:

[v12racing.net]

We currently have a thread for tracks (which i recently updated). Mods may be done soon.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
DaveEllis Wrote:
> MarcLister:
>
>
>
> We currently have a thread for tracks (which i
> recently updated). Mods may be done soon.
>
Cheers Dave. Already signed up. Looking forward to looking at the threads for rFactor. I've been on the RSC forum but it is hard to see what stuff is good until I download. Having seen some of the usernames on V12 racing I know I can trust the recommendations there.

Date: March 23, 2006 01:01PM
Posted by: matthewp
Not sure i like the idea of controlled addons. It was attempted by rFactor with the Round Table and was shot down within hours. if nKPro can make it work then cool, but they better be carefull with it

True, the main difference though is that this would be a thing done by the developers and not just someone taking it on themselves to do it which it seems caused most of the bad feeling with the round table.

Date: March 23, 2006 05:50PM
Posted by: keiran
From what I've heard the dev kit will cost money because Kunos is making specific tools for it. The dev kit will most likely use the same process as the game for unlocking but it will always get hacked just like the game. Someone out there will figure it out. Just like LFS someone hacked it but the great part is they can't use it online and LAN. The devs sneakly added in some problems for them people so when they come to the forum as demo users asking for help on these errors they soon get named and shamed ;)

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2006 05:50PM by keiran.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy