Half Life 2: Episode 2

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Half Life 2: Episode 2
Date: February 22, 2006 01:28PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
WORLD EXCLUSIVE: VALVE CONFIRMS HL2: EPISODE 2!

A follow-up to Episode 1 already well underway, Valve reveals, while also handing us tantalising info on Episode 1's storyline

13:08 Valve Software has confirmed with us that Half-Life 2: Episode 2 is already being whipped into shape, as the Half-Life fan base waits with baited breath for the release of Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (previously called Aftermath).Valve's Robin Walker, designer/engineer on Episode 1, informed us that Episode 2 "has been in development for some time" in an interview that'll be winging its way to you shortly. Although he didn't elaborate further, it sounds as though Episode 2 may appear sooner than we could have hoped. We're definitely keeping trigger fingers crossed on that one, especially as the developer has aimed to offer "between 4 to 6 hours" of gameplay time with Episode 1, according to Walker - shorter, perhaps, than fans might have expected.

During the interview, he also dropped a few teasers about Episode 1's storyline. Discussing the challenge of penning the plot for the episode in comparison to penning the plot for Half-Life 2, Walker said that the developer has had "to be considerate to our audience in terms of giving them what they want". While "Episode 1 will not end with an all-encompassing conclusion", it will address some specific questions, he revealed: "For example, "What happened to the Citadel at the end of Half-Life 2?" and "What happened to Breen, is he dead?" and "How does the G-Man factor into all of this?" Keep eyes peeled for our full interview with Robin Walker, in which he dishes further dirt on Episode 1 and chats about Half-Life 2 in general - coming soon!

[www.computerandvideogames.com]

Yay! :) tbh tho I'd prefer if they just hurry up and release Episode 1 though!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: Half Life 2: Episode 2
Date: February 22, 2006 02:09PM
Posted by: Joeku
thanks i cant wait till it comes out

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: February 22, 2006 03:29PM
Posted by: NickKK
I'd gladly give away 100 Half life 2 revenge of the ...I mean episode whatever for a copy of Gothic 3....soon :(

Date: February 22, 2006 04:58PM
Posted by: matthewp
They announced they'd be going episodic ages ago so this was pretty obvious :)
Its a bit weird calling Aftermath Half-life 2: Episode 1 when we've already had a Half-life 2.

Date: February 22, 2006 07:07PM
Posted by: Karan19
hmm indeed. well either way cant wait :)
Date: February 22, 2006 08:52PM
Posted by: Glyn
Without putting a downer on all this, I just hope they can keep the quality levels as high as we've come to expect from Valve when they are making all this new stuff.

Date: February 23, 2006 12:22AM
Posted by: LS.
Looking at the Lost Coast demo from a graphical point of view it looks in safe hands

They had begun to implement the later developments into the light sourcing into their "Day of Defeat" online game and some of the lighting effects are superb.

They are probably holding back on the really good stuff for the full release of EP2, but from the updates i have recieved for CS & DOD they are working non stop on pushing the development of their graphics engine

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 23, 2006 11:53AM
Posted by: Glyn
I wasn't so much as talking about the technical side (although you make a very good point there), but more about the story. So far, we've had a good solid story driving the game with some great atmospheric sections.

Date: February 23, 2006 05:07PM
Posted by: matthewp
I'd say it would be easier this way to make that aspect of it even better as they can work on much shorter sections rather than one huge thing every 6 years, during which it must be difficult to keep motivation up and just difficult to put together such a big game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy