[NR2003] Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez 2006

Posted by DaveEllis 
Re: [NR2003] Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez 2006
Date: February 18, 2006 08:49AM
Posted by: GLD
Anyone for tennis??

I've never played NR2003...

But IMO the screenshot (unedited) looks pretty good. It shows of the extra definition :)

I have also never created a track....I have however done texturing and am well aware of how long it takes to create even a decent texture....therefore i have to give Dave credit for all the work he has put in....

Now i know Dave hands out his fair share of criticism but i can understand why...especially with regards to rFactor (love it, but it needs policing almost the amount of junk thats around) and with all respects, Dave has gone a long way in this community and others nad is now maing a go of game making for real which let's face it, is the dream if many of us here....

Now i'm going to dig holes all day so won't be back until later...i can't defend myself so please be gentle!!

Please click my sig!
Date: February 18, 2006 04:01PM
Posted by: gav
It's an 8 year old graphics engine, and LS has been playing rF based on a half year old graphics engine on high detail graphics. Of course he's going to think it looks poor. In comparison it does, to him.

But he can't judge unless he digs out or buys NR2003, loads the track and decides for himself. Which if he does, he'll still come here forming half-baked comments.

NR2003 still totally beats rF into the ground where it matters, graphically. In the cockpit.
Date: February 18, 2006 04:42PM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
The screenies look pretty good to me, better than most of the add on tracks available for rf :)

[www.evoracingteam.co.uk]
Date: February 18, 2006 06:21PM
Posted by: Glyn
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NR2003 still totally beats rF into the ground
> where it matters, graphically. In the cockpit.

It also beats it into the ground in the other important area too: the driving model.

In all honesty, I usually play N2003 online with the detail quite low so I can guarentee a high and steady frame rate. So thats medium detail, no fancy lighting or anything like that. And when I'm racing, I don't actually notice because graphics are the last thing on your mind. As long as things aren't blurry (which they aren't) then can you really tell a high res texture from a low res one when your flying along at 200mph?

Date: February 18, 2006 07:17PM
Posted by: GLD
@ Glyn can't say i ever get to 200mph because i usually crash before hand :p

@ Alex that's exactly what i was thinking!

Please click my sig!
Date: February 19, 2006 07:25PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Well I think it looks nice. I don't have nc2003 (mainly cos I don't like nascar) but the track reminds me of a well done gpl track from what I can see :) There is nothing wrong with the graphics there, it still looks nice graphically to me :)

H E L L O
Date: February 20, 2006 11:07PM
Posted by: cynic
Nice track Dave! I did find the grass colour in the screenies a bit off-putting, but it's certainly not as 'yellow' in-game.

Great work - Thanks.:)

Has anyone still got a download link to this track anywhere?
Anyone?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy