VT Racing in the Bullrun 1000

Posted by Glyn 
Re: VT Racing in the Bullrun 1000
Date: November 19, 2005 09:17PM
Posted by: broders
"i have just had the mother of all slides in the final corner..." "...I have just had another one whilst tellig you about it" ... "Good Stuff!"

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: November 19, 2005 09:21PM
Posted by: richardd
Excellent drive for me again, matched my daytona performance so far, no mistakes whatsoever. Even got chance to give and receive a bit of bump drafting. I have my fingers crossed that neil can keep his nerve and hold this together, we're leading but not by much.

Really itching to get back in the car but i know i can't!
Date: November 19, 2005 09:38PM
Posted by: Gazork0
Gonna be stepping into the 85 car for the final stint soon :)

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Date: November 19, 2005 09:48PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Gazork0 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gonna be stepping into the 85 car for the final
> stint soon

good luck man

Date: November 19, 2005 09:53PM

Final Driver Change for PCCR Car, Dave Ellis shall replace Gav Wilson for the final stint to the end of the race.

Date: November 19, 2005 10:28PM

555 does a driver change!!

VTR1 in the lead!

Date: November 19, 2005 10:31PM
Posted by: Glyn
Just came back from my stint. No pressure what-so-ever, with Rich telling me that under no circumstances must I spin, and I must keep the pace up. Heh, thanks, really keeps your heart rate steady that lol

Anyway, dE Racing must of had a slower driver in as the gap was increasing, as I wasn't really pushing hard, keeping it in the low 34s for most of the stage.

Rich's taken over again, a bit earlier than me planned because he is a bit faster than me, and it was worth having him in the car in case dE Racing have Tom Goodall back or something.

It's looking good for a win though :)

Date: November 19, 2005 10:38PM
Posted by: gav
Yeah, the dE #555 did a driver change, a slow one at that, so you're 2 laps clear.

Dave had an awful spin that wrecked the tyres, and had to make an extra stop. PCCR are now 4th, with the 7 Hillcrest racing car behind us, apparently catching quite quickly.

VTR2 are 15th now, with Esben in the car I believe.
Date: November 19, 2005 10:46PM
Everything has shaken itself down after the last driver changes and we are 1 lap ahead of the HSW Racing car, with 22 laps to go.

Ian's setting up a broadcast for VTR1 as we speak (we've spent most of the time silent, but you know the last 10 laps arent gonna be with ;)), and Rich's also wondering what to say if everything goes to plan.

Suggestions please :)

Date: November 19, 2005 10:53PM
Ok, Ian's setup a stream (thanks :D) for the VTR1 car on [racing.vadertrophy.com] (just refresh the watch & listen page and it'll appear).

Not much is being said at the moment, but I'll post again when the last 5 laps come (15 laps to go).

Date: November 19, 2005 11:13PM
3 laps left, Richs gone into super cruise mode now apparently.

Date: November 19, 2005 11:22PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
yay! vtr1 wins :D

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2005 11:22PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: November 19, 2005 11:24PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Well that was tough. 4th place for me/gav/neil. Sweating like gary gliter in a wendyhouse.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 19, 2005 11:25PM

VTR1 first!

PCCR 4th!

VTR2 15th!

VTR1 - Rich and Glyn
VTR2 - Ian, Esben, Koop
PCCR - Neil dave and Gav!

Date: November 19, 2005 11:43PM
Posted by: Gazork0
10 or so laps from the end I was ordered to move over by the ScudBollesNegro car, and I was chasing the xUSSR car a mere 3 or so second ahead. So I let him though, thinking I could use him to my advantage to get by the Rushkis. Then along came another car, zipped by, and I now had two cars who I thought would help me past the xUSSR guys. I was wrong. They held me up into T1 and pulled away everywhere else, while the Rushkis were comfortably motoring along, ahead of the two w*nkers between us. I managed not to get held up in T1 one lap and clocked a 1:33.5, basically I was pushing like hell. It didn't help, we ended up in 14th, and I'm kinda disappointed with myself for being too polite with those lappees...

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Date: November 19, 2005 11:50PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Congrats guys. Great drive. It would appear things are shaping up well for Le Mans next week?
Date: November 20, 2005 12:11AM
Posted by: gav
Yes... only thing is we're in the slower car - we've chosen one for the long haul - tried to increase our chances of actually finishing... touch wood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2005 01:01AM by gav.
Date: November 20, 2005 12:17AM
Posted by: richardd
I have one word.... w00t! :D

That was a fantastic race, both neil and I had fantastic drives, absolutely no mistakes from either of us and it went 99% according to plan for our car. :)
Date: November 20, 2005 12:25AM
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> touch wood.

In the Jag, that actually isn't too difficult as there is wood in the cockpit! :-o

Date: November 20, 2005 01:20AM
Posted by: cynic
Great job guys (all of you, but especially the VTR1 drivers).:)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy