Perfect tracks

Posted by b-tone 
Perfect tracks
Date: November 16, 2005 03:19PM
Posted by: b-tone
what tracks from various games are considered perfect or near enough.
i'd like to use some as reference for making tracks, but know that some f1c/gpl/whatever tracks are too far wrong to be much help.
i'm mainly thinking of f1 tracks.

any tips?

____
Tony

Re: Perfect tracks
Date: November 16, 2005 03:37PM
Posted by: senninho
Road America for F1C is highly regarded. I thought Laguna Seca was also good, but others think otherwise. Oh, and the Spa and Hungaroring in the RH2005 trackpack are actually quite impressoive too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2005 03:37PM by senninho.
Date: November 16, 2005 03:53PM
Posted by: villej
Team Redline Spa for NR2003 is pretty good and accurate I think.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: November 16, 2005 03:59PM
Posted by: six degrees
GTR and GTL tracks are spot on. Wouldn't touch any F1C tracks with a very large bargepole with the possible exception of Simbin's Mugello and I think there was a decent Brands done at one time. Several nr2003 tracks are bloody good - most of them are pretty accurate in layout terms.

The F1C Road America has several issues - most of it is spot on but is ruined by a corner that is nothing like RL lol and as for F1C F1 tracks, just ignore them like they don't exist, absolutely useless :P
Date: November 16, 2005 05:08PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Silverstone is pretty near perfect IMO, apart from the slightly boring Luffield, the rest of it is awesome.

i think its cos there are many high speed corners, where you can get a lot of satsfaction when you get it just right, or go off the track if you get it a bit wrong.

Copse is great, Maggots/Becketts is awesome, Stowe awesome, entry to Club and Abbey Chicane are pretty good overtaking place, Bridge is good, Priory is good when you take it at high speed without running off track, after a good run through Bridge, Brooklands is an overtaking point, and Luffield is a bit boring.

I also love Montreal, even though its basically just fast straights with chicanes/slow corners breaking up the action.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: November 16, 2005 05:18PM
Posted by: Peat
all the gp4 tracks are nearly cock-on. Very impressed with them.

Date: November 16, 2005 05:39PM
with the possible exception of Simbin's Mugello

hmm, i have a mugello for gp4 that shutt1e based on an f1c one. the only problem is its 600m too long.
i wonder if its the same.

thanks so far guys.
i'm not that intrested in default gp4 ones, unless they are older versions.

____
Tony

Date: November 16, 2005 06:09PM
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> with the possible exception of Simbin's Mugello
>
> hmm, i have a mugello for gp4 that shutt1e based
> on an f1c one. the only problem is its 600m too
> long.
> i wonder if its the same.
>

Might well be actually, lap times always seemed a little long to me in comparison to real life (relative to other tracks anyway... not that that says much in f1c :p)

iirc a lot of codemasters' tracks are bloody accurate - look a bit crap at times but the layouts are there.

Date: November 16, 2005 06:13PM
Posted by: DaveEllis

Posted by: b-tone (IP Logged)
Date: November 16, 2005 03:19PM

what tracks from various games are considered perfect or near enough.

NR2003 for ovals and watkins glen (Sears Point is abit out). Generally the standfard of NR2003 tracks is great, except for Madcowies.

GPL is usually great too

Codemasters are usually excellent yeah

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 16, 2005 08:19PM
Posted by: gav
villej Wrote:
> Team Redline Spa for NR2003 is pretty good and
> accurate I think.

In terms of realism it's very good - extremely for an add-on track, but it ain't perfect by any means - bus-stop and fagny chicane being the prime examples.
Date: November 16, 2005 08:22PM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
DaveEllis Wrote:
Generally the standfard of NR2003
> tracks is great, except for Madcowies.
>

whats wrong with madcowies tracks? just wonderin never got into papy sims and i've noticed madcowie knocking around the rfactor forums @ rsc

[www.evoracingteam.co.uk]
Date: November 16, 2005 08:24PM
There so far off its not even funny. Brands hatch start line for example is perfectly stright on his version

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 16, 2005 08:26PM
Posted by: gav
You have to be extremely careful when you go over his kerbs too - generally this isn't recommended without a backup air supply.
Date: November 16, 2005 08:40PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
I don't know what was wrong with his Thruxton, it's supposed to be one of the fastest circuits in the UK, but every corner seemed stupidly tight on his version.

Date: November 16, 2005 10:34PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Aren't the tracks for MotoGP 2, Superbike 2001, and GP3 super accurate as well?
Date: November 16, 2005 11:38PM
dunno about motogp2 but the others? nah :p
Date: November 17, 2005 01:50AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
gp4 is more accurate than gp3 suposedly cos of like gps etc.

H E L L O
Date: November 17, 2005 08:27AM
is the rfactor mugello from the same one - it should be about 5.2km.

is it possible to get GTR, GTL, NR2003 & GPL tracks into zmodeler or something similar?
i'm not to worried about how they drive/look, just the layouts and elevations etc.

if i ever get round to doing any of the tracks i'd get in touch with the authors to se what info they have. but its good to know what tracks have had the effort put in

____
Tony

Date: November 17, 2005 09:43AM
Posted by: marcl
yes the orig gp4 tracks were but they are no so out of date thats y i no longer bother with gp4.

Worst ever track has to be monaco in f1c that was stupid it was almost like the developers did not even look at the place

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2005 09:44AM by marcl.
Date: November 17, 2005 06:07PM
is it possible to get GTR, GTL, NR2003 & GPL tracks into zmodeler or something similar?
i'm not to worried about how they drive/look, just the layouts and elevations etc.

Yes, how, i personally dont know, but i have seen it before. NR2003 uses ZM to make track side objects, there will be some way of converting it all to ZM format, but it wont be easy.

GTL is the same as rF. Its built in Max, and not that hard to get it back in.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy