F1 Challenge 99-02 braking

Posted by [FIN]Räkä 
F1 Challenge 99-02 braking
Date: November 12, 2005 04:22PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
How to get brakes like GP4 (fully automatic but no slowdowns if I turn a bit at the sraight)? If I set braking point help to low or off, then there's no slowdown, but no brakes either. And I am so noob driver that I need auto-brakes to stay on the track. :)
Re: F1 Challenge 99-02 braking
Date: November 12, 2005 10:45PM
Posted by: madotter
dont use auto brakes, that just ruins the game!! learn the tracks. Its pointless you having a racing game...
Date: November 13, 2005 08:15AM
Posted by: Guimengo
FINraka, I understand how it may be hard for you but could you try explaining a little bit more what you mean? :)
Date: November 13, 2005 08:53AM
Posted by: mortal
If you have auto braking set to on you will pay a penalty for being off line. If as you say you are a totally noob driver keep in mind that you are driving a reasonably realistic sim, in that it attempts to simulate the real life behaviour via your input. Its not your arcade type simulator although there is doubtless members that would dispute that lol. If your just trashing it around the circuit pedal to the metal hoping for the best, causing millions of dollars of destruction playing smash up derby of course you're not going to stay on the track ;-) You are driving with a wheel I hope. If not put one on your wish list for Chrissy :-D Personally I'd rather be driving GP4 or rFactor and driving F1Ch just for its mods.
Do some laps, then do some more. Practice practice practice. Overall you will improve your driving skills and stay on the track :-) You have to learn each track just like the real life drivers do. As long as your having fun!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 13, 2005 10:39AM
Posted by: Lemming
yeah, racing games with a keyboard is just not good IMO. i've not got a wheel (not enough room, haven't found one i want to buy yet either!), so i'm using a PS2 pad with a USB adapter, much cheaper too!! anything with analog will do really, wheel better tho i guess...

Date: November 13, 2005 01:52PM
Posted by: Yulcsa
i would like to do that, (like in gp4) when u push the brake too hard, u see the smoke from the tyre.

Date: November 13, 2005 02:34PM
Posted by: Lemming
the braking in f1c is quite good too, a real challenge at first when you're used to the easy braking of GP4...

Date: November 14, 2005 08:05PM
Posted by: Pooky
true

when you turn abs off its very challenging

in fact F1C is very hard when you have all aids off!!!

i race with TC and abs on high - i know a bit cheating there

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy