Champ Car Mod NEWS !!!!!

Posted by AlexM4D 
Champ Car Mod NEWS !!!!!
Date: October 17, 2005 07:17PM
Posted by: AlexM4D
[www.menudeimotori.com]

A few issues i wanted to discuss. First off, there are still going to be some bugs with this mod. Bugs that we just never had time to finish fixing. I have decided to let the people change what they want to change in the end.

The sounds have been redone, its been a uphill battle with them, i am very pleased with the older sounds, but the new car sounds are so so. The struggle with the sounds has been more of a headache than any of you will ever know.

In our forum, i have posted some set ups. Not sure how good these will do you now but you can try them. You will have to do set ups of your own for these cars!!!! So i would appreciate if setup guys can post here to make things easier for non setup guys? I dont want to hear complaints about things that you can easily fix with your setup.

The brakes have been adjusted. YOU CAN LOCK THEM UP this time. So once again, i dont wanna hear you cant. Its also much easier now to catch yourself in a spin. Physics changes will be posted here on the day of the release.

We have included a launcher, it might not be done before the release, but within a short time it will be available. I will include what i have working now.

The track aiws. These need to be done. There are some aiws out there that address some of the issues that people have. NO IDEA where they are right now so we will just have to include the crash and burn ones we have now. We will only support aiws on tracks that were created by iDT. Any other tracks that have this problem we will not care about. Well, we might a little bit

Alot of people have helped with this mod, if we forget your name in the credits i am sorry in advance. However, three cheers to whoever you are!

The 2002 season is basically missing. There are a few cars. I might try and get them painted and ingame in the future for the hec of it. We will see.

This mod will include, 2000, 2001,2003,2004 and 2005 cart/champ car seasons. Not all models are accurate and some things are missing. You will have to get over it. This mod will also include some legends spanning different years etc. Not all models are accurate once again. The atlantics are included as is and might be updated at some point but i doubt it. The toyota celebs are in there, not the best, but they work!
The 2003 and 2004 seasons are considered " SILVER " So 03 and 04 silver release.

There is a secret mod in there, that you will have to find. Actually its a secret car, you will have to enable it yourself. Dont ask cause i am not gonna tell u. I also dont want you to say what this car is if you find it. DO NOT TELL ANYBODY here!! Just keep your comments to a minimum about it.

There will be alot of tracks released in this mod. This includes some of the ovals done by various people. I have tried to include as many thanks as i could with these, but i have no idea who half the people are or where they are anymore. Sebring will be released in this mod thanks to my good friend bill tillman. Some of tantras tracks will be included, thanks to tantra as well! I would like to release all the tracks from 2000 to 2005 that we have, but once again, finding these people and getting permission is a problem.

Here is a list of some tracks

Brands Hatch indy
California Speedway
Burke Lakefront Airport, Cleveland
Grand Prix of Denver
Belle Isle, Detroit
Edmonton
Eurospeedway
Gateway International Raceway
Hermanos
Homestead 400
Houston
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Long Beach Street Circuit
Michigan International Speedway
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
Milwaukee Mile
Monterrey
Circuit GILLES VILLENEUVE
Nazareth
Portland International Raceway
Rio Oval
Road America
ENGLAND, Rockingham Oval
sebring
SEBRING_2005
St. Petersburg
Surfers Paradise
Texas Motor Speedway
Exhibition Place, Toronto
TwinRingMotegi
Concord Pacific Place

San jose is floating around, but it needs work, not sure if it will ever be released and its crap to drive around in a champ car anyway. The atlantics are good there though. Thats it for now folks

p.s. I am trying to arrange a server for a couple of races the day the mod is released. Something for all of us to get together and run some laps. Will let you know more about this.

When the mod is released, all posts about it will be HERE. Screenshots, in the BIG thread. Screenshots thread. This thread will include download links. Ok, now who wants to take me out for some food! ? I am hungry!

Re: Champ Car Mod NEWS !!!!!
Date: October 17, 2005 11:55PM
Posted by: matthewp
is this for rfactor? if so holy @#$%& at the track list ;)
Hope they're good quality though with that amount :|

Date: October 18, 2005 12:14AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Nope, its F1C

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 18, 2005 04:47AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I guess it's being rushed out due to the imminent death of F1C... (I'm not happy about it, I can't play rFactor :P )
Date: October 18, 2005 09:19AM
Posted by: marcl
if f1c ending then?
Date: October 18, 2005 11:34AM
well, it's @#$%& and rfactor isnt, so it should be anyway :)

Date: October 18, 2005 01:38PM
rofl matt

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 18, 2005 07:57PM
Posted by: Marclaren
Yeah but for weak PC's then it's much better

Date: October 18, 2005 08:11PM
Using thta logic we should just make mods for SprotsCar GT. It works better for people using Pentium 90s

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 21, 2005 01:28AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

haha dave

Date: October 25, 2005 01:00AM
Posted by: spoi2003

excuse me mate but f1c will never go away-

as long as mods are made and people that
cant have rfactor are around, f1c will be
around forever especially when cdtp2005
and rh2005 mod is out later this year.....

anyway people you have had rfactor and
played it say to me your not missing much,
and most rfactor fans are just waiting for
the mods to be out....

beside most f1 mods are actually f1c conversions anyway.....
Date: October 25, 2005 01:03AM
Right now you arent missing much playing rFactor, your right. But given F1C is a bucket of steaming piss at the best of times tbh, your missing even less from that

rFactor is the only simulation thats got even close to the papyrus sims. Nothing else has come within a thousand miles of them.

Also, no F1 mods for rFactor are conversions. Simply because there isnt any. SCRATCH made mods are being built for rFactor

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 25, 2005 01:08AM
Posted by: spoi2003

we will have to wait and see
till the next f1 simulation in 2007
which will nock off rfactor and f1c to death.....

by the way rfactor is old techonlogy -
its used in nascar sim racing, flatout
and many more games so i will differently
not be wanting to buy rfactor ever even if f1c does go away....

maybe in 2007 there well be
something worth playing then.....

Date: October 25, 2005 01:37AM
not be wanting to buy rfactor ever even if f1c does go away....

no it doesnt. The rfactor engines are both new. Infact NASCAR Sim Racing and F1C (and GTR and F1 2002 and F1 2001) use the same graphics and physics engines which are old technology. GTL uses the new graphics engine, but the old physics engine

rFactor is the most up to date racing simulation we currently have.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 25, 2005 03:22AM
spoi2003 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > we will have to wait and see
> till the next f1 simulation in 2007
> which will nock off rfactor and f1c to death.....
>
> by the way rfactor is old techonlogy -
> its used in nascar sim racing, flatout
> and many more games so i will differently
> not be wanting to buy rfactor ever even if f1c
> does go away....
>
> maybe in 2007 there well be
> something worth playing then.....

dude just give up, you wont win against dave ;)

Date: October 25, 2005 12:53PM
Posted by: GLD
For some reason, unbeknown to me i think, i actually re-installed F1C last night, and had a play around....

Downloaded RH2003 and RH2004, as well as the new tracks....

And then, for some even more strange reason (perhaps i was momentarily posessed) i started racing....

Well...

I've spent most of today thinking about what i did last night...I feel like a very bad person....

Back to rFactor and the F3 mod which, graphically isn't on GP4's level yet (just the shapes Dave ;) ) and redemption was mine....Close racing, fun to drive, nice physics...top notch...

Sure everyone has their opinion, there is no right or wrong really, and F1C will probably live on, like i am hoping GP4 will for a while yet...

I mean people still play GP2 don't they??

Please click my sig!
Date: October 25, 2005 02:18PM
Posted by: marcl
never liked f1c as the cars feel crap to drive.

I like rfactor but the cars still feel very skidish and u dont get much feel for when its about to spin etc. Mind u am not sure if force feed back is working.

Date: October 25, 2005 02:26PM
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> never liked f1c as the cars feel crap to drive.
>
> I like rfactor but the cars still feel very
> skidish and u dont get much feel for when its
> about to spin etc. Mind u am not sure if force
> feed back is working.

i dont like the FFB in RF its all dodgy its beter than F1C and those games but its still bad, still have no idea when im lockin up me brakes

Date: October 25, 2005 03:03PM

you obviously havent a clue what you're on about so i'd stop arguing if I were you.

Date: October 25, 2005 03:20PM
Posted by: villej
"dont like the FFB in RF its all dodgy its beter than F1C and those games but its still bad, still have no idea when im lockin up me brakes"

Yeah, you don't really have any feel of the car, I don't like the FF at all.
I hope It'll be made better in future patches.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy