> > mean it won't be coming out on the gamecube
> > though? Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a
> while
> > for it then.
>
> It's being released simultaneously on both
> GameCube and Wii.
>

Will it be the same version then? or 2 seperate versions? Cos you can play gc games on the wii too :S If it isn't the same version, it might be worth me waiting and just getting the wii version. How much will the wii cost, cos I dunno if i'll have enough time to properly make it worth getting one when it first comes out :S Should be good though :)

H E L L O
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: May 10, 2006 05:53PM
Posted by: Covfan
Basically, what Matthew said about Halo I totally agree with, Hopefully Co-Op campaign will be on Live this time.

FORZA!
FORZA!
FORZA!
Date: May 10, 2006 06:09PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
But that just seems like any other fps - the aiming is still crap cos it's on console, and the AI won't be much kop either due to that. It just oozes corridoor shooter to me - no choice or excitement :(

Far cry seemed good from the demo i played - you could choose to play it stealthily and avoid all enemies. Also, I liked hidden and dangerous 2 cos you had to play strategically. But meh I guess halo is the kind of thing that people go for - I can't see how it's any better than the rest of them to be honest though.

H E L L O
Date: May 10, 2006 06:18PM
Posted by: matthewp
the aiming is still crap cos it's on console, and the AI won't be much kop either due to that.

The aiming cant beat a mouse and keyboard but the xbox pad is miles better than the ps for shooters due to better analogue sticks and also the game settings make a huge difference and bungie did a great job with that, its good enough that I never really found myself wishing I could use a mouse. Being on a console doesnt mean the AI can't be good, which the Halo AI is, its probably the best of a fps i've tried with the possible exception of FEAR (say possibly because I only played the demo of that, but it did seem very impressive)

Date: May 10, 2006 06:47PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
the aiming is still crap cos it's on console

tbh I used to think that, granted it dosn't hold a candle to Mouse/Keyboard, but on games like GRAW, I find the pad pretty good and fun for shooting! Just a case of getting used to it imo! Granted on PS2, I hated that controller so I was no good on games like MGS3, but with the Xbox 360 controller, like matt says its fantastic quality! may get a windows version for my pc!

As for Halo 3, I can't comment as I've never played Halo 1 or 2, Its not just the playability which makes a good game, also the plot and storyline play massive factors! and from what I've heard Halo has a great storyline ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: May 10, 2006 06:48PM
Posted by: Forgotten
I thought there were already mouses and keyboard avalaible for ps2...
Date: May 10, 2006 07:17PM
Well yer, i've only tried on ps2 and the analogue on that was poo. On n64 for perfect dark though, it weren't that bad if you used c buttons to move and analogue to aim - but not perfect.

I know what you mean about AI but it's alright having good "fighting" AI but like you mentioned fear, in the demo of that, I found them very predictable and also you could only really play it run and gun - it was just that type of game :( I mean those types of games are okay but not that exciting to be honest.

Hopefully shooting games will work well on the piss thing, but still, I dunno if they'll do an interesting one or not, or just the same "action" style ones :S >_<

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

H E L L O
Date: May 10, 2006 11:24PM
Posted by: Guimengo
As long as the Nintendo Wii have Zelda and this:

I will be happy and saying "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" all the time ;)
Date: May 11, 2006 12:23PM
Is that pro evo?

Date: May 11, 2006 12:57PM
Yep! me want it :D

Just seen this! New Xbox accesories! -

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player.
The Xbox 360 HD DVD Player connects with Xbox 360 to deliver even more high-definition content through blockbuster HD DVD releases from major Hollywood and international movie studios. The HD DVD Player delivers superior high-definition-quality video and stunning digital surround sound with Xbox 360. It includes the Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote (ERP TBA).

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows®.
Gamers can get the most out of current and future Xbox 360 wireless accessories with the new Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. By plugging the compact receiver into a USB 2.0 port on the PC, the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 Wireless Headset and Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel can be used on a second platform (ERP TBA).

Xbox 360 Wireless Headset.
The Xbox 360 Wireless Headset integrates seamlessly with the Xbox 360 console to provide wireless voice chat, stylish ergonomic design and superior voice quality over the Xbox Live® network. Now gamers can pair this and the award-winning Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for the ultimate wireless experience. Gamers can use up to four Wireless Controllers and Wireless Headsets simultaneously during multiplayer gaming sessions (ERP TBA).

Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.
For true racing enthusiasts who demand unparalleled driving realism at home, the innovatively designed Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel combines form and function with the latest technology in wireless and force feedback. The estimated retail price (ERP) is to be announced (TBA).

Xbox Live Vision.
The Xbox Live Vision video camera seamlessly integrates with the Xbox 360 system and Xbox Live network to bring interactive social gaming to life. The camera allows gamers to personalize their gaming experience with their own unique gamer picture, send photo messages, and chat by video with friends and family over Xbox Live (ERP TBA).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2006 02:13PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: May 11, 2006 02:31PM
Awesome, I cant find any info or screenshots anywhere though? I assume thats the 360 version as the Wii and ps2 wont be able to get near to that and the ps3 version is being released later.

Date: May 11, 2006 02:42PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
Daniel Knott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The _F1_Lunatic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Daniel Knott Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > i'm gunna get a pile of piss anyway if I
> do
> > bother
> > > to get one that is, cos it looks the
> most
> > > interesting, sod the other ones. Has
> anyone
> > seen
> > > that zelda demo video? Looks quite good
> Does
> > this
> > > mean it won't be coming out on the
> gamecube
> > > though? Oh well, guess I'll have to wait
> a
> > while
> > > for it then.
> >
> > It's being released simultaneously on both
> > GameCube and Wii.
> >
>
> Will it be the same version then? or 2 seperate
> versions? Cos you can play gc games on the wii too
> :S If it isn't the same version, it might be worth
> me waiting and just getting the wii version. How
> much will the wii cost, cos I dunno if i'll have
> enough time to properly make it worth getting one
> when it first comes out :S Should be good though

The two versions should be the same except the Wii will have better graphics and will tuned to the Wii's controller. I will most likely get the GameCube one myself.

On wikipedia it states:

Differences between the two versions
Little is known about the difference between the GameCube and Wii versions of the Twilight Princess. At the E³ 2006 Nintendo confirmed that the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will have Wii remote functionality and will include a widescreen format

The Wii should cost about 150.

Date: May 11, 2006 02:58PM
Pounds? if so thats a pretty damn good price!! Dollars then even better :D

ooo! Alan Wake Trailer! yay :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2006 02:59PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: May 11, 2006 03:03PM
Posted by: six degrees
150 bananas!
Date: May 11, 2006 03:55PM
motogp 06 online demo is up on marketplace, only up in the featured downloads section for some reason not the new demo and trailers section.

Date: May 11, 2006 04:12PM
yay! downloading ;)

Date: May 11, 2006 05:50PM
Posted by: kizz360
yeh also some new cod2 maps online :)

Date: May 12, 2006 12:15AM
Posted by: FRESCO
Are the new COD2 maps free?

Date: May 12, 2006 12:27AM
I'd imagine so! probably just a Patch which downloads when you start it

Date: May 12, 2006 12:43AM
Cool sounds good.

H E L L O
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy