Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: May 09, 2006 01:48PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I like it! :) 10 minutes ain't enough tho! ;) but I think I shouldn't be driving down the wrong side of the road making everyone swerve off ^_^ damn yanks, drive on the left damnit!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 01:55PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: May 09, 2006 06:50PM
Posted by: kizz360
i managed to fix my problem, seems that there was a parental setting which was not allowing me to play pgr3 and old xbox games online. pgr3 is great fun online :)

Date: May 09, 2006 08:56PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
PS3 prices anounced!

2 versions, starting at $499 or 499 euros. That's 341 quid, but you know it'll be higher than that once the "conversion" is done.

Quite high, what do you think?

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 09, 2006 09:29PM
Posted by: kizz360
its pretty high, and i guess microsoft will correspond by dropping thier prices nearer the time. the 'premium' like version is 599 euro's which is about £410 :|

Date: May 09, 2006 09:49PM
Posted by: keiran
I'm not sure if the price is that high really, when I think about what I use my PS2 for it's been a bargain. Playing music CDs, games and DVDs all for £90. So for a blu-ray DVD player, games and music it's not too bad. I suppose if you buy it just for the games function then it's expensive but I kind of think of consoles as an all in one entertainment unit.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: May 09, 2006 10:56PM
Posted by: kaid
there are going to be 2 versions of the ps3

the 1 of 499 euro will only have a hardrive of 20gig and nothing extra

and the 599 version will have:
-60 GIG HD
- Memory Stick/SD Card/CompactFlash inputs
- IEEE 802.11 wireless.
- HDMI output

Date: May 09, 2006 11:22PM
PS3 prices anounced!

2 versions, starting at $499 or 499 euros. That's 341 quid, but you know it'll be higher than that once the "conversion" is done.

Quite high, what do you think?

Exacly, it never, ever works out that way in England!

the Xbox 360 Premium Pack... worth $399 in America, Converts to £214 in England, actual price... £270!

at $499, my guess is it will be around £399 something like that here... if your lucky, and thats just for the lower one! Which they don't even give HDMI output! I mean I can live without SD Card lar de dar inputs, 60GB hard drive (20 is fine) wireless thingy, 6 USB ports and 3 Ethernet Ports, but most people will NEED HDMI! Goddamn Sony! :(

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 11:27PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: May 10, 2006 12:34AM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I mean I can live without 60GB hard drive (20 is fine)

Sony are planning on putting their Playstation back catalogue for download so that 60GB may come in handy.

Date: May 10, 2006 12:47AM
Posted by: Covfan
Nintendo Wii looks very very very interesting.
Date: May 10, 2006 01:24AM
Posted by: Karan
i think i'll definitely be saving up for the $599 one. better value for money compared to the $499 especially considering the lower version wont have wireless controllers. And those who say its too high compared to the 360, well thats partly true but consider this. the xbox 360 premium + the hd dvd addon + wifi networking or whatever its called + xbox live and all its other addons will probably end up costing the same as the ps3 premium or in my estimation, even more. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2006 01:25AM by Karan.
Date: May 10, 2006 05:18AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Simple, boycott Sony for forcing users to get a certain deal and buy Nintendo Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (correct pronunciation for Wii ;)) which is actually the real videogame platform. I don't want a home entertainment system, for that I already have an oven with pizza on the fridge, and a football.
Date: May 10, 2006 11:43AM
Posted by: matthewp
the xbox 360 premium + the hd dvd addon + wifi networking or whatever its called + xbox live and all its other addons will probably end up costing the same as the ps3 premium or in my estimation, even more.

The difference being I dont care about hd-dvd and dont need the wireless network adaptor, I thank Microsoft for giving me the choice. And with xbox live I know i'm getting a quality service wheras I have no faith i'll get the same from sony especially when it comes to online gaming as they barely talk about that when its supposed to be a game machine.
Sony's e3 conference speech was woeful, the games theyre showing look like xbox 360 games a year late, they've reused the same flawed pad and replaced the rumble which is actually useful with a cobbled together tilt control which we had for pc's 7 years ago and arent common for the simple reason that they're not a good idea.

I know I sound like a rabid Microsoft fanboy here but thats only becaused I pretty much disagee with everything Sony have done with the ps3. A shame in my eyes because in sales it'll still destroy the 360 where Microsoft have done a really solid job and the Wii where Nintendo are trying to be genuinally innovative and go in a different direction while still keeping the focus firmly on games.

Date: May 10, 2006 11:54AM
I've gotta agree with Matt here, I'm not a fanboy at all cause I do want a PS3!! But Sony are building a very valid case for me to just save my money!! Xbox don't force you to buy a hd-dvd addon, cause there are no HD-DVD games/movies availible in the uk yet! don't force you to get wireless adapter, don't even force you to buy a 60GB hard drive! as they are interchangeable! Xbox live, well yeah they kinda do force you to get that so you can play online, but thats well worth the price!

Please tell me, why the hell do you need 3 ethernet ports, if you say to link 4 systems together, who the hell has the money to buy 1, never mind 4!! and 6 USB ports!! Now sony on the other hand are forcing you to get the premium package, no Wireless addon availible, no card reader adapter (why you'd want one is beyond me), no interchangeable hard drive and no HDMI port which will probably mean you need to buy the premium version to play Blu-Ray Movies, because of copy protection, so that puts people who said it would be a good Blu-Ray player in their place, as the extra paid on the Playstation 3 premium would probably buy you a Blu-Ray player when they exist!!

Like Mark and Gui I'm gonna take a look at the Revolution instead here unless Sony really pull something out of the bag

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2006 11:55AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: May 10, 2006 12:01PM
Thats a point if you need the HDMI port to play blu-ray movies, in that case if you buy the lower version you're getting raped for a blu-ray drive and you cant even use it! (well you can for games but all that'll get you is longer loading times, games just dont need that much space at least not yet, and if they do in this generation, changing discs a couple of times in the whole course of a game really doesnt bother me)

Date: May 10, 2006 01:50PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
i'm gunna get a pile of piss anyway if I do bother to get one that is, cos it looks the most interesting, sod the other ones. Has anyone seen that zelda demo video? Looks quite good :) Does this mean it won't be coming out on the gamecube though? Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a while for it then.

[uk.gamespot.com]

What is so good about halo? Why do people rave about it? I have never played it, that's why I ask, but from what I've seen, it doesn't have anything to set it apart, it's just your average, @#$%&, boring shooter. Or is there something I'm missing? You won't even be able to control it well cos it's for consoles.

H E L L O

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2006 02:02PM by Daniel Knott.
Date: May 10, 2006 02:05PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
"There's a football game from konami that's going to be on the wii" :o cool

[uk.gamespot.com]

H E L L O
Date: May 10, 2006 02:21PM
ooo like the look of Zelda ;) I hope the revolution will be HD tho :) Halo I can't tell you myself, never played on it! Same here, from what I've seen it just looks normal, sure mark or matt could explain more tho!

[assets.xbox.com] heres a Hi-Res trailer for Halo 3 tho, just downloading now :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2006 02:31PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: May 10, 2006 02:30PM
oooo! Pretty sure Mark will be interested in this! -

Title: "Forza Motorsport 2"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Turn 10
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Holiday 2006

Product Overview: "Forza Motorsport 2," the sequel to Microsoft Game Studios' award-winning, fully customizable driving simulator "Forza Motorsport," speeds its way onto Xbox 360 this holiday. With authentic simulation physics, bone-jarring damage, photo-realistic graphics, and licensed tuning and customization options, the franchise improves on the unprecedented features gamers enjoyed in its debut installment. Loaded with more than 300 of the world's hottest cars for you to collect, personalize and tune, "Forza Motorsport 2" gives you a complete racing experience.

Features:

* Lap the competition with truly next-generation features. Made possible by the power of Xbox 360, "Forza Motorsport 2" burns rubber at 60 fps with 4x full-screen anti-aliasing, motion blur, and high-dynamic-range lighting in crisp 720p high-definition glory. And you can feel every nuance of your car and the road thanks to support for the official Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.

* Experience uncompromising physics simulation. Top automotive engineers, professional race car drivers and programmers teamed up to create the most complete racing experience available. Cars incur dramatic damage and wear, which affects car performance. Advanced tire and suspension models respond to heat and pressure changes as well as weight transfer and aerodynamic load.

* Master real-world tracks from around the globe. From the famously challenging Nürburgring Nordschleife track to the spectator-lined streets of Rio de Janeiro, race on meticulously designed tracks with an incredible sense of speed and realism. "Forza Motorsport 2" features more than 60 tracks carved out of 18 environments, including 13 real-world licensed circuits such as the Road America race track, Silverstone Circuit, Tsukuba Circuit and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Sebring International Raceway is among four new real-world licensed circuits added to the repertoire of "Forza Motorsport 2."

* Collect, upgrade and tune hundreds of cars. From sport compacts to purpose-built race cars, collect more than 300 cars from over 50 of the world's leading manufacturers such as Ferrari, Porsche, General Motors, Lamborghini, Nissan and Volkswagen. Take your car to the garage and install alternative engines, suspension kits, bolt-on superchargers, brakes, rims, racing slicks and more. Dial in advanced suspension settings, tire pressure and gear ratios. "Forza Motorsport 2" allows you to own the cars that will own the competition.

* Create and share your masterpiece with the world. Express your inner artist in the paint and upgrade shops with near-endless visual personalization. Customize the shape of your car by combining licensed rims, performance parts and aftermarket body kits. Create your own unique paint scheme using millions of paint and decal options. Take in-game pictures of your creation in "Forza Motorsport 2" Photo Mode.

* Compete in a vibrant online community. Take your personalized car onto Xbox Live for some intense online wheel-to-wheel racing. Earn in-game credits and complete single-player career objectives while racing over Xbox Live. Watch the best racers as well as your friends from around the world compete on Forza Motorsport TV.

[xboxyde.com]

Date: May 10, 2006 02:35PM
Posted by: The _F1_Lunatic
Daniel Knott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i'm gunna get a pile of piss anyway if I do bother
> to get one that is, cos it looks the most
> interesting, sod the other ones. Has anyone seen
> that zelda demo video? Looks quite good Does this
> mean it won't be coming out on the gamecube
> though? Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a while
> for it then.

It's being released simultaneously on both GameCube and Wii.

Date: May 10, 2006 02:37PM
I hope the revolution will be HD tho Halo I can't tell you myself, never played on it! Same here, from what I've seen it just looks normal, sure mark or matt could explain more tho!

The rev is not HD.
The actual fighting in Halo is definately better than you're average shooter; the weapons and opponents are well balanced, its got good varied level design (at least halo 2 has), excellent AI, and it takes place for the most part on a huge scale with some of the biggest levels i've seen. Halo 2 also improved upon the first IMO by adding a much more intresting story and great cinematic cutscenes (although most people think halo 2s campaign is much worse than the first which I totally disagree with) The best thing about it for me is the co-op campaign which is just great fun, every game like it should have one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2006 02:38PM by matthewp.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy