Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: April 07, 2006 09:30PM
Posted by: Covfan
Prince of Persia + Brits + boobs = Tomb Raider
Date: April 07, 2006 09:34PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
rofl! suppose thats one way of putting it ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: April 10, 2006 01:02PM
[www.sendit.com]

Condemned Brand New for £29.99, bargain ;)

Date: April 10, 2006 01:09PM
Posted by: matthewp
I'd advise renting it though, its pretty short.

Date: April 10, 2006 01:17PM
on my rental list but its "long wait" atm :(

Date: April 17, 2006 12:59AM
Just found a very handy tool! :D Transcode 360! [www.runtime360.com] Only works if you are using Media Center on your Xbox but now you can play DivX and Xvid files on your Xbox :D

Date: April 17, 2006 09:21AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just found a very handy tool! :D Transcode 360!
> Only works if you are using Media Center on your
> Xbox but now you can play DivX and Xvid files on
> your Xbox :D

mother @#$%&! i just removed my copy of media centre to... @#$%&!

Date: April 19, 2006 12:29PM
Posted by: Nerrazurri
FAO X-Box 360 owners.

Just about to get rid of some spare change and buy one but have a couple of queries.
Is it worth spending a bit extra to buy the wierless box.
Is the console noisey while watching dvd's and playing games e.g fan noise.
Is there any extra features they don't tell you about.

thanks
nerrazurri

Date: April 19, 2006 01:20PM
Woah, that's a lot of spare change you have there!

Is it worth spending a bit extra to buy the wierless box.

If you mean the Wireless adaptor then yes

Is the console noisey while watching dvd's and playing games e.g fan noise.

DVD's = no
Games = Yes, some games make the optical drive work very hard and this can make a large amount of noise at first, but you get used to it then eventually ignore it.

Is there any extra features they don't tell you about.

Apparently there are some 360 features that Microsoft has yet to reveal, but besides that no. You never realise how good downloading demos is untill you get you hands on the marketplace
Date: April 19, 2006 01:28PM
Wireless box I wouldn't know about cause I have an ethernet cable running from my xbox into my router... But I believe Matt uses wireless on his! You'd need either a wireless router or a wireless card in your pc though to use it, as you probably already know :) Don't instantly go for Microsofts one tho, I'm pretty certain people like Netgear or Linksys do wireless routers for the Xbox and Xbox 360 I think! Maybe cheaper and better quality ;)

Console noisy... yes... the fan inside the console ain't too bad tbh, its the DVD Drive, thats like a goddamn jet! So using the xbox around xbox live or a demo its fine, but put a game in and it flies off the handle! I could be over exaggerating tho due to the fact my PC is silent and I'm comparing it to that, I never hear the noise over the top of my speakers or headphones tho when I have them on :)

Extra features.... urm... if you have Media Center on your PC, its brilliant for a MCE Extender :) Xbox live is undersold tbh, its fantastic! :) If you've played on the PS2, then you'll know how bad Sonys system is, I requested a disc and 1 1/2 years later.. No disc! :) Off the top of my head I don't know any more features, sure other people have discovered some tho :)

[edit] Gotta agree with mark there, downloading demos for consoles is a great feature! I wouldn't have bought Tomb Raider if it hadn't had been for the demo! Which reminds me I'm still considering getting Top Spin 2, but the reviews are putting me off, anyone tried it yet? I'm still waiting for a demo for that too :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2006 01:32PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: April 19, 2006 02:21PM
Posted by: matthewp
I'm not using the wireless connector for live, ended up buying a 15m ethernet cable and drilling a hole in the wall :P

Date: April 19, 2006 04:30PM
Posted by: kizz360
Ianwoollam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Which reminds me I'm still considering
> getting Top Spin 2, but the reviews are putting me
> off, anyone tried it yet? I'm still waiting for a
> demo for that too

ian my brother bought that last week and he seems to be enjoying it. the only other tennis game i have played except virtua tennis on the psp is smash court tennis 2 which was a good game and i think the top spin is just a good and maybe better. theres quite a few tournaments etc and also a pretty lengthy career mode too. im yet to play it on live as i need to get a wireless adapater for the 360 but it should be good

Date: April 19, 2006 11:36PM
Cheers Kizz! :D Well on my rental list Top Spin 2 is avalible now so hopefully they will send it out to me tomorrow and I can try it out properly ;)

Date: April 20, 2006 11:06AM
Posted by: Nerrazurri
Thanks for the quick answers. Made my choice a bit easier, can't wait to get it set-up and working away.

Date: April 21, 2006 12:52PM
Supposidly according to a spanish website, here are some rumors for the future of the Xbox!

-Xbox 360 Premium Pack price is going to drop $100 in October.
-Xbox 360 Core Pack price is going to drop $80 in October
-Gears of War is going to be released the last week of October with an huge marketing campaign at global scale.
-HD-DVD for the next month of September. Add-on that you can connect to the USB 2.0 port. It is going to be priced for $100
-New HardDisk Drive with 100GB of storage, price and date not specified.
-Webcam "My Eye on you", for the month of September with a price of $50 without game and $75 with a game.
-Xbox Backward compatibility list is going to be updated in June with 50 new titles
-The capacity of the Xbox Live Servers is going to be 5 times more than the actual servers
-Halo 3 is going to be in the market the next month of March, in E3 we are going to see the first videos.
-Possibility of an "urban game" that could be GTA. Microsoft is working on it and this isn´t a joke.
-A possible price drop in Xbox Live Gold or it is going to be free because they are going to get money with promotional advices.
-From the next month of October we are going to change some records in some games for "MSpoints".
-Paramount Pictures and Microsoft has anounced an agreement where Paramount is going to provide HD content to Xbox Live.
-NBC has signed with Microsoft for the possibility of see the online tournaments like an sports live retransmisión.
-Aliance between Epic and Microsoft for exclusive content in Xbox Live.
-Creation of a Dashboard for kids.
-A new service in june: Download and play.
-Rare is working in Kameo 2 since before the release of Kameo. Is going to come before than expected.
-MS is working for an upgraded friend list (until 200 contacts)
-Virtual Console with Sega games before the next month of October
-An spectacular upgrade in the number of Xbox Live Arcade games in the next months.
-New look for Dashboard.

Date: April 21, 2006 01:39PM
VIRTUAL SEGA CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: April 21, 2006 04:35PM
Posted by: NeilPearson

sweet jesus :D

Date: April 21, 2006 05:23PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
holy moly!

I like the aggressive pricing plans for when the PS3 is due, that's a good call.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: April 21, 2006 05:25PM
"You've heard of MAME right? Right. We're just doing a legal version of MAME, meaning that all the game owners get paid and the users get quality product based around a community. Imagine the biggest arcade in the world, just 1,000 times bigger. It'll have as many machines as we can possibly get, all with score-rankings and other community stuff. It's not a secret that MAME was massive for hackers of the original Xbox and the pull and sales of retro game packs on current machines is still really high. If this is taken and put under the right noses, it should become the biggest thing in mainstream/hardcore gamer crossover in the industry."

"The Sega involvement we find very interesting because as well as the readily-available 8 and 16-Bit games, the disc-based offers of the Mega CD, Saturn and - dare we hope - Dreamcast could well be rolled out should efficient porting software become available."

"The XBLA stuff [at Microsoft's E3 conference] is going to make up a major part of what they're going to show. The sheer quantity of games in the 'classic' bracket that are going to be shown and the vision of what XBLA will become should be one of the big news stories at this year's E3."
Date: April 23, 2006 01:38AM
* SPIEGEL ONLINE: Is the HD-DVD-drive for the Xbox 360 still in the pipeline?
* Lewis: Absolutely, yes. We'll say a little bit more about it at E3. It will give people access to HD DVD.
* SPIEGEL ONLINE: But the 360 doesn't have an HDMI-Interface -- so you won't actually be able to watch any HD DVD Movies on it because the obligatory copy protection mechanisms are missing.
* Lewis: All I can say to you is -- there are interesting developments in the pipeline. We will make sure that the HD-DVD-peripheral device will meet all the requirements for consumers to enjoy high-definition DVD playback.

[service.spiegel.de]

Interesting.... ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy