Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: March 17, 2006 11:56PM
Posted by: matthewp
Actually recieved condemned today from the rental place, really enjoying it so far; very atmospheric and the melee combat is just brutal.
Also bought GRAW, so far very impressed :)

Date: March 18, 2006 05:27PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Hmmm not sure weather to get Condemned or not, have to see :)

Just been playing Burnout Revenge on Xbox Live and it rocks! :D Sony are really gonna have to make a hell of a online system to beat this!!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: March 18, 2006 10:03PM
Posted by: kizz360
so far so good :) ive had my 360 for just over a week, been playing pgr3 which is great and halo 2 as i never got a xbox.
i might get a fps but which would you recommend? its between cod2, quake 4 and ghost recon(allthough its more of a tps)

Date: March 18, 2006 10:42PM
Ghost Recon :) You can have 1st Person Shooter view in it, but I prefer third person :)

Date: March 19, 2006 10:29AM
If you want a straight action fps then go for cod2, really enjoyed that and veteran is a superb challange if you like that sort of thing.
Ghost recon is more tactical and is third person like you said but from what i've seen so far is also an excellent game. At the moment ghost recon is also much more solid for multiplayer but theres a patch for cod2 on the way supposedly.

Date: March 19, 2006 01:09PM
Posted by: madotter
PS3 has been confirmed for world release this November :)
Date: March 19, 2006 01:23PM
Posted by: kizz360
atm im more tempted to get cod2 over ghost recon

ps3 may have been confirmed for release but the likley hood of getting hold of one this year is quite slim unless you've preorderd - sony will probalby have trouble like the 360, psp etc had when they were launched, not being able to get enough consoles out and people buying the consoles and selling on ebay for huge profits

Date: March 19, 2006 03:10PM
madotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PS3 has been confirmed for world release this
> November
>

Posted by: Ianwoollam (IP Logged)
Date: March 15, 2006 10:59AM

March 15, 2006 - Sony Computer Entertainment announced today that its PlayStation 3 will see a simultaneous worldwide release in early November 2006. Hitting shelves in Japan, North America and Europe simultaneously, this marks the first time the computer giant has released any of its PlayStation products to multiple regions at the same time.

While a more specific date other than "early November 2006" wasn't given, it's obvious that Sony aims for the system to hit stores before the holiday shopping period begins. At its recent PlayStation Business Briefing 2006 in Tokyo, the company said it plans to ship one million units per month after launch and will ship a total of six million units before the end of fiscal 2006.

Featuring high-definition graphics, Blu-ray support for games and movies, broadband connectivity and more, Sony aims to recreate the PlayStation and PlayStation 2's massive success a third time.

[ps3.ign.com]

;)

I ain't tried COD2 on the Xbox yet! tbh not much point seen as I have it on the PC already! GFX if anything is still better on the PC, but you have to have a uber spuer fast pc :)

But anyway like Matt says depends on what you like, for instance on the PC, if you prefer COD series then COD2 is the one to go for, myself for Single Player missions I prefer Brothers In Arms, and the Ghost Recon system is just a perfected version of BIA's one, so If you like Brothers In Arms, then Ghost Recon will be the one to get, but If you have a Xbox live account, just download the COD2 demo and see if you like it! :)

Just completed Ghost Recon on Hard, jesus christ its impossible! The Helicopter missions are just stupid, you basically get up on the helicopter, ah there they are ok fi.... WTF dead already! On Normal you can get away with been hit quite a few times, on Hard dosn't matter what your health is on, if your hit, your dead! Which seems unfair as you still have to shoot them about 3 or 4 times if you don't headshot :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2006 03:21PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: March 21, 2006 11:29AM
Could someone please answer me 1 question, what the hell is Oblivion? Is it another one of those stupid MMORPG game things like World of Warcraft?

Date: March 21, 2006 12:49PM
Leave out the MMO bit ;)
Just a plain old single player RPG, looks pretty amazing IMO.
Heard of Morrowind? its the sequel to that, it's developers are also making fallout 3 which I really cant wait for.

Date: March 21, 2006 01:09PM
Never played on Morrowind but I've heard of it, deffo heard of Fallout ;) tbh the closest I've come to playing RPG's is probably Freelancer... or Zelda on my gameboy :D

Date: March 21, 2006 02:04PM
You should play Fallout 1 & 2, both are up there with the best games ever IMO (and a lot of other people's) unforunately interplay went bust while the third was in development so we'll never see how it would have turned out, but bethesda then bought the license and started again.

Date: March 22, 2006 09:02AM
Posted by: NeilPearson

w00t about 17 hrs to go, but who's counting :D

gonna play me some condemed and PGR3 w00000000t

Date: March 23, 2006 09:33PM
[ps3.ign.com]

March 22, 2006 - In a QA session following the platform keynote address at GDC 2006 this morning, Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios President Phil Harrison confirmed what was heavily demanded for import gamers all over the world and yet previously thought unthinkable for a major corporation: the PS3 will be region-free for gaming.

Woah! thats a unexpected move by Sony!!

Date: March 23, 2006 10:24PM
Posted by: Covfan
It'll be the same as the 360, region encoding will depend on the Publishers.
Date: March 24, 2006 12:23PM
Yeah they're both the same, the actual machine is region free but they can still lock the games if they wish.

Date: March 24, 2006 01:52PM
Anyone fancy a multiplayer on Xbox Live tonight? ;) alot of us seem to have GRAW and PGR3, maybe something like that? :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2006 01:52PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: March 24, 2006 03:06PM
Sorry, on the razz tonight :)
Definately up for it another time though, although I have to unlock all of the cars in pgr3 again, completed it once but had to send my hard disk back and lost all my saves :(
HMV still havent sent you fight night?

Date: March 24, 2006 03:28PM
Oh yeah! I've got Fight Night now! :) ain't played on it yet :o

Date: March 24, 2006 05:52PM
Eurogamer just gave oblivion 10/10 :|
Only other review i've read of theirs that gave that score was half-life 2, they tend to be harsh with scores usually.

edit: 9.6 off gamespot too, only 16 games have been rated higher by them EVER!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2006 01:09PM by matthewp.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy