The Big GTR Thread*McLaren F1 on pg14!!*

Posted by pankykapus 
Re: The Big GTR Thread*Mclaren F1 Ingame shots on pg8*
Date: November 26, 2005 03:10PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Here are some picture from the incoming Aston Martin DB9 Car!
Coming very soon who is interested in the details go to rsc forum:)

Re: The Big GTR Thread*Aston DB9 Ingame shots on pg9*
Date: November 26, 2005 04:22PM
Posted by: chet
:O now that looks good!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 27, 2005 08:15AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Date: November 27, 2005 08:58AM
I agree! :)
Date: November 27, 2005 01:44PM
Posted by: anze89
very nice!

Date: December 02, 2005 03:24PM
Those who would love the Aston for GTR they can get it at here:

[forum.rscnet.org]

And post more screenies!! :)
Date: December 02, 2005 11:12PM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]

these are great, sound could be a bit better tho

[www.evoracingteam.co.uk]
Am I the only one that thinks they looks as dull and crap as everything else he's posted for GTR?
Date: December 02, 2005 11:32PM
Posted by: chet
its the engine again ruining great car models and tex's

convert to gp4 ;) haha lol joke :P

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 03, 2005 05:02AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I disagree Bernie, I think what kills the feeling is the scenery. Look at the tarmac underneath the car... too bright. It's always shadows, reflections and colors killing mods :(
Date: December 04, 2005 11:56PM
Posted by: Karan19
I think he just has lighting effects or something turned on low. It doesnt actually look too bad when you turn the stuff up. Great model by the way. Just loving it!

Date: December 05, 2005 03:27PM
Yes it's so enjoyable! I don't know why people don't like it :S
Date: December 05, 2005 06:51PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Because the AI doesnt work and the online code doesnt work, so its not really useable.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 05, 2005 07:19PM
??????????
The AI works fine but I still haven't tried it online.
Date: December 05, 2005 07:41PM
AI cant actually lap slow cars. It simply slows down and drives behind them, or into them. Being as GTR is based on endurace GT Racing, this is quite a big problem. It means you cant have class's (such as GT and NGT) because the bigger cars will lose 10 seconds a lap when they come uo to lap others. They also take no notice of the player car when lapping them and never pull out far enough and simply drive into the corner on your rear bumper at high speed, spinning you round and most likely destroying your car

AI Was the thing simbin worked on for GTL and you can really tell. GTL has working AI.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 05, 2005 08:10PM
aha. I haven't noticed that yet. So the lapping problem is with GTR or just Aston?
Date: December 05, 2005 08:18PM
Posted by: GLD
Date: December 05, 2005 08:20PM
Nothing to with the aston - just GTR. I started the Spa 24hr race in a little Porsche thing (cant remember which one, long time ago now). And i was 3rd in my class i think. Not long into the race the large Ferraris and Saleens and stuff came up to lap me. One of them promptly punted me off but instead of driving past my car which was sitting on the grass, he stopped, as did the others behind him. I recovered, and carried on, and they followed behind me :-\

Then we (the biger cars and the smaller ones) came up to lap one of the tiny Lotus Elise things. Well they couldnt do it, so i blasted past them all and started gaining around 10 seconds a lap on them all. Eventually they got past, made up a couple of seconds on me before they would meet the next slow car. Then again they would lose another 10 or so seconds. After another 20 laps i had caught up, unlapped myself and had taken the lead! In a smaller, slower, NGT car! If i had bothered carrying on with the race i would have won by many many laps :( It was so dull because the AI cant race together.

Simbin, in there usuall fashion never fixed it either. they brought out 4 patches and each one addressed none of the major game issues and just kept adding some (broken and unfinished) features :(

Online is quite funny. My first time online with GTR i got allocated the same pit garage as someone else, so our cars promptly exploded and flew threw the air. When that got sorted, we got to the race started and the pace car warped through the entire field, destorying every car it got near, before pitting leaving about 2 cars of the 20ish that had joined left. And even if you do manage to get a race running, its ruined when someone new joins the server because the entire game hangs for a split second, which is just long enough to make sure you miss your braking point, or run into the back of the car infront.

The whole game is just useless. It looks amazing (as you'd expect), and the sounds are stunning (mmmm the Lambo!!).

But if you want working AI then get GTL. Its MUCH better to drive with and to watch drive. The little mistakes they make (and recover) are nice to watch too. Good sense of immersion. Also has a much better graphics engine :) If they make a GTR2, then they should take the AI from GTL, definalty because its brilliant to race with.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 05, 2005 08:45PM
Posted by: Karan19
Date: December 05, 2005 10:22PM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
umm, i did that list about 4 months ago, most of it is out of date now tbh

[www.evoracingteam.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy