Re: GPG rFactor 2hr 24m Endurance II - Lime Rock Park
Date: October 20, 2005 09:21PM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
started with out me :';(

[www.evoracingteam.co.uk]
Date: October 20, 2005 09:36PM
Posted by: marcl
i did not even know what to do i installed the mod and did not know how to connect
Date: October 20, 2005 10:00PM
Posted by: richardd
wouldn't worry marc - i've just retired leaving 8 on the server.

Just couldn't be bothered with it. The tyres wear out at a stupid rate - how can they possibly be 90% good when your laptimes fall off by 3 seconds a lap. I was in two minds at the start whether to run low fuel stints like gav opted to do - in hindsight it would've been the better way to go so if i bother with the next one that's what i'll be doing.

Meanwhile I'm off to do something more creative like watch little pink worm shaped sprites fly around on my screen - much more fun :D
Date: October 20, 2005 10:10PM
Posted by: chet
well i just receive a phone call.. couldnt refuse.

pissed off today many reasons.

made me even worse.. i was running third.. but with Alex catching.. (after i made a stupid mistake and couldnt concentrate properly)..

i really thought i could have done alrite in that race. im pretty sure other than Alex and Gav i was the fastest out there (at that point).

ah well theres always next time.

btw - any1 looking to do.. i highly recomend. great fun. :D:D

oo and Gav.. errmm when i let u past.. i thought u were lapping me lol.. but then later thinking.. there would be no point defending against you.. too darn fast!! :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 20, 2005 10:20PM
i need to get up to speed am more used to open wheel cars and end up spinning these cars all over the place lol
My computer kept locking up/lagging (some of you may have seen my random warping, I think I lost 3 places in one lap due to warping behind people), I was doing alright (only 5th or so, but I had just taken a stop from third), when the computer laggs, I clip the barrier, get sent across the track into a bank, and somehow get catapulted back across the track and over the barriers (I was lagging a lot at this point, I didnt seem to hit the bank that hard either, just sort of grazed it.)

Date: October 20, 2005 11:11PM
yea i was 4th..

read a comment saying lag.. and i was 3rd lol.

was catching evogforce.. reduced gap from 27seconds to 14. then spun :( lol

I spent a lot of time catching people slowly, then lagging and losing it all.

Date: October 21, 2005 12:25AM
yip.. at one point im pretty sure u were like 2 seconds behind.. next u were like 8 :O!

btw any1 notice flickering headlights? mine were.. bad

Date: October 21, 2005 12:36AM
Posted by: bazza
My internet dropped. The problem I had in Qualy for the first race =<

It happened to my bro later as well, then he managed to get a whole 30 minute race later, so it seems to have fixed itself. I have no idea what's going on with it tbh
cheers guys for this evening race was fun towards the end when my butt nearly fell off lol

but if your not aware of our website i will post the link to it

www.evoracingteam.co.uk

if you would like to pop along and visit anytime and keep us informed on any such events that you are organising, it would be much apprieciated and i am sure we can have the fun again

i am sure we will also be looking into organising events for rfactor and gtr not sure if you play there you guys in the near future

but anyway keep up the good work and cya soon

[EVO]Leadfoot
Date: October 21, 2005 01:02AM
Posted by: gav
Shame Rich left, Matt wasn't around, and we had no Flying Finn.

Started 7th, on a very short first stint to try and get through the pack early on, and put some pressure on those up front. Up to 4th by the end of lap 1. Had a half spin at the top of the hill, losing a couple of places, then another spin when I'd got up to 3rd a couple of laps later. Eventually got into a rhythm and caught and passed Rich for the lead (must have been about lap 10-15), and from there on in it was a case of get onto a regular fuel strategy, stop the spinning after lapping people trick I managed to pull off twice in quick succession, and bring it home.

My throttle pedal spring went about 30min from the end, but it wasn't the main spring as I first thought, it was the swivel one you get on the red MOMO Force, and after some quick fixes going down the straight, I got on top of it.

Bit bare towards the end, but that's endurance sometimes. Toban was a lot closer. :)

Backmarkers were great. Sorry to whoever I hit on the main straight. I went to follow you for a slipstream, just as you backed off to let me through.
Date: October 21, 2005 08:28AM
what were the results...

Lol, did anyone see the time I lagged on the main straight and ended up clearing out the marker boards....

Date: October 21, 2005 10:05AM
Posted by: gav
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what were the results...

OK, this is purely off the top of my head, as as far as I know, you can't tell from the replay.

About 20min from the end it was something like:

1st: Gav
2nd: Neil +2L
3rd: Evo Geforce +3L
4th: Graham +6L

The rest of the guys had retired or flown over the barrier only to get stuck in a pot-hole.

There's probabably a couple of slight errors in there. Like I said, that's purely as I remember it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 10:06AM by gav.
Date: October 21, 2005 01:09PM
Posted by: EVO=GForce
cheers guys good night btw any of you tried the RHEZGP MOD V1.0 its much better and the racing is even closer :) give it a try chet i had the flickering headlights too not sure what causes that lol i even managed to hit the wrong button and shut the engine down halfway round took ages to fire it up again lol
Date: October 22, 2005 01:00AM
i really think i could have been 3rd..

at the time i was ahead of evo geforce but he pitted.. bust still was catcdhing him :D

Date: October 22, 2005 09:29AM
can now do limerock without spinning :) just hope i am on the pace
Date: October 22, 2005 11:58AM
wat times are you pulling?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy