Track for Rfactor

Posted by AlexM4D 
Track for Rfactor
Date: October 03, 2005 06:18PM
Posted by: AlexM4D
FullSim staff has become the conversion of some tracks from F1 Challenge RH 2004 to RFactor, to valutate the phisycs of the new simulator.

The Brazilian and Imola tracks will be available soon, they are still in beta testing but most of the work is done.

[forum.m4driving.it]
Re: Track for Rfactor
Date: October 03, 2005 06:20PM
Posted by: chet
this is illegal.. im pretty sure

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 03, 2005 06:41PM
Posted by: matthewp
Yep, although ISI make both games so its not quite as bad as converting from GTR for example, but technically it is illegal.

Date: October 03, 2005 07:18PM
Posted by: gav
EA hold the rights, not ISI, from what I can tell.

Anyway, they'll be abysmal. The graphics will suck, and half the physics will be missing, if it's anything like GTR.

I really hope people don't go and convert tracks. If this sim is to last it's potential, things need to be done properly. From scratch.
Date: October 03, 2005 07:44PM
Posted by: chet
and thats why ppl like CTDP and RH etc are making stuff from scratch.

see i hope this doesnt happen because it will be f1c all over again *rolls*

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 04, 2005 08:01AM
Posted by: b-tone
sorry for butting in but it is essentially f1c isnt it? the game is obviously different/better but the f1c community is going to be the same as the rfactor one?

from what i've been following of rfactor (at rsc mainly) things aren't sounding all that promising. already lots of bitching, not much word from isi about real tools, and this.

i could be wrokg tho

____
Tony

Date: October 04, 2005 10:45AM
The F1C community has moved over, but so has the nr2003 community in a large part and if it continues to grow I suspect a large part of the GPL community will come too. ISI are making the tools and they'll be out once they're finished I dont see the worry about that.
There is a fair bit of bitching at the RSC forums, but then thats not exactly unusual in any online community especially the sim racing one, it wont affect the quality of the mods and it is getting slightly better from the release date when the forum was a joke.

Date: October 04, 2005 06:53PM
I just tried the Imola beta, the graphics are crap, theres hardely any bumps and the layout seems pretty crap in some places. Its still great fun in the F1 car and easy to ignore all that for the moment before people get the chance to make more tracks from scratch. The F1 car feels far more natural at this circuit and not rediculously fast, the speed sensation is still great but I dont think they've made the car too fast, the lap record is a 20.4 and I did a 23.1 after a few laps on the default. I'm sure with a quick setup and lots of laps the fastest drivers could beat the real lap record but the cars are not miles too fast as some people said, and it also has to be remembered that these days the cars are never in true qually trim and the tyres are much harder than those in the game, and also without the new downforce regs they would have been going a good few seconds faster.

edit: get it in this thread (plus a texture update, still looks crap with it though)
[forum.rscnet.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2005 06:56PM by matthewp.
Date: October 04, 2005 09:15PM
Posted by: senninho
I'd echo matthewp's point about the F-ISI - i got down to a 1:21.0, and would agree that they've done a more accurate job with them that many first thought.

I also agree that the track looks crap - it didn't even do F1C justice, so it's not surprising ;)

Date: October 05, 2005 12:50AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
do you drive with wheel or keyborad? i cant get rid of that f1c oversteery feel.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2005 01:04AM by rapid_f1.
Date: October 05, 2005 10:30AM
I'm using a wheel, and with the default setup it is very, very understeery on turn in. You can get throttle on oversteer if you get on it too early but i'd sort of expect that in a 900hp 600kg car with traction control turned off ;)

Date: October 05, 2005 11:22AM
Posted by: b-tone
arent the elevations way off on that imola preview video? either that or gp4 is way off :p

____
Tony

Date: October 05, 2005 11:23AM
yeah they are way off

Date: October 05, 2005 11:47AM
Posted by: gav
I doesn't have understeer as such, but if you've not got your wheel set up properly, or in some cases can't, such as some Logitech users (like me), then a problem you do have is a lack of confidence in what the car is doing. The front-end you can see, it's the back end that is less obvious, so it makes you feel like you're oversteering. It's the much commented on lack of feel, but once you've done a good bit of driving you don't really notice it, until you do some consistant running in another sim (going from rF to GTP you can really see the difference).

But yeah, the default setups understeer a good bit - less so than most default setups on other games, but it's there non-the-less.

To get more feel in the F3 mod add some negative camber. The default settings have no camber at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy