GPG 24hrs of Toban (2hr rFactor Endurance Race)

Posted by Glyn 
Re: GPG 24hrs of Toban (2hr rFactor Endurance Race)
Date: September 28, 2005 09:04PM
Posted by: matthewp
ok found out theres no password because its IP only:

Copy and paste this into your address bar to join the server

rfactor://217.146.92.108:34297

edit:
btw to get the address bar up press the + sign on the racelist screen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2005 09:07PM by matthewp.
Date: September 28, 2005 09:13PM
Posted by: chet
i cant type the forward slashes :(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 28, 2005 11:05PM
Posted by: bazza
Qualifying result:

Date: September 28, 2005 11:21PM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
got 2nd \o/

was leading on the race to till my connection dropped ffs :(

oh well didnt have enough fuel anyway a litre or two out :(
Date: September 28, 2005 11:33PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
That 20 minutes race was awesome!

I put a good one over on Koop, but on the last lap I ran wide and let gav and chet through. :(

It was still a blast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2005 11:33PM by Race_Monkey.
Date: September 28, 2005 11:35PM
sorry about you're disconnection :(
Race was just hotting up too with the top three so bunched up, was great fun though went very close too touching numerous times with no problems, netcode looks very solid, had a fun race against Rich too.
Also have to say standard of driving was excellent no problems with people getting in the way or anything, and very tight at the top (especially in practice, that qually result doesnt really tell the tale because it was at night which is a bitch :) )

Date: September 28, 2005 11:44PM
Posted by: gav
Shame I spun out after 3 or 4 laps (just touched the brake a little hard as I was getting too close to Alex - n00b error). As Matt said, that was shaping up nicely.

After a crash when typing "np" to Matt B (duhhhh don't type while cornering) my was a little mangled, nicely bent front suspension it felt like. I just decided, being 15 seconds behind the guys ahead, that I'd check how well the tyres coped with punishment... quite well it turned out. :)

Quite confortable with my pace... there's a little to be tweaked out of the track yet, perhaps even some in the setup. Can't stand the final chicane mind... that's still as awful as the demo ;)
Date: September 28, 2005 11:45PM
Yeah that final chicane is weird, for me it can seem like I take it the same way twice and be three tenths slower one time through the last sector, which is effectively just that corner. Seems a bit hit and miss. Ones things for sure if I take it like I was in qually the tyres will be shagged pretty quick :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2005 11:46PM by matthewp.
Date: September 28, 2005 11:46PM
Posted by: richardd
That... was great fun :D Great battle between me, matt, gav and Alex for the first few laps - gav spun out early, leaving matt, myself and Alex, managed to squiddle my way past matt i think and set off after Alex, fantastic battle right through the race - then Alex disconnected or something about a minute from the end, kinda took the fun out of it really. I made a mistake braking for that horrid penultimate chicane and that was it, game over and matt went through to take the win.

Super racing though, bit of a shame I can't make next week, but I'm sure they'll be another time and place :) cheers again matt and alex for some excellent close and clean racing :D

btw... gav got pwned by chet... ;)
Date: September 28, 2005 11:49PM
As i've said on the VT forum ;)
"Rich fails to mention that the mistake he made braking for the chicane was due to me trying a move around the outside"

btw. Rich you passed me at the start :) I got a good one but was stuck behind the polesitter, the car you passed was flyingfinn and I followed you through.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2005 11:50PM by matthewp.
Date: September 28, 2005 11:50PM
Posted by: richardd
that had nothing to do with it - i braked far too late anyway ;)
Date: September 28, 2005 11:52PM
I would have got past if you hadnt then ;)

Date: September 28, 2005 11:56PM
Posted by: mh_84
It was very enjoyable race to watch. ;) Bit dissapointed that couldn't race, got terrible lack because of that f#¤&%£g F-Secure.
Can't wait for next week. It's going to be hella fun..

Date: September 29, 2005 12:08AM
is next weeks quali at nite too??

coz that was really difficult for me. but the last corner was a blast :P:P

the race was really good too! i got a good start and was upto 6th :D:D and got upto 5th then on the start of lap 2 i think i went to 6th with Neil rite behind but he ran wide.. but i did the same the next lap ;) and ended up 7th :O.. then from then on it was just trying to catch ppl infront.. but because every1 was battling they were loosing time :P and basically every1 just ended up in one big thing on the last lap where i came from 6th to 3rd :D:D but if there was 1 more lap i dont think i would have held it :P

but yea great fun!!

Date: September 29, 2005 12:11AM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
the quali was for next week...
Date: September 29, 2005 12:11AM
ahh :P

Date: September 29, 2005 12:29AM
Posted by: villarule
After a crash when typing "np" to Matt B

Now I feel guilty! ;)

Well, I didnt have much of a race. Someone braked a bit sooner than I had anticipated at the first hairpin, and I caught them there (sorry to whoever it was) and lost all my rear grip after a meeting with the barrier, so I pitted and then came out, hit a tire wall and nackerd my suspension in, so now the car was veering left, but when it came to a corner, it would turn right better, so I couldnt push and had been lapped twice, so I just cruised and hoped more and more people would drop out ;)

Date: September 29, 2005 02:03AM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
I'm really starting to like that track now, especially in the dark, especially the last corner and the corner before the last chicane :).

Someone ran into the back of me at that downhill righthander on the first lap, but I wasn't braking early (if I recall I was trying to outbrake someone).

There was a funny instance with me trying to pass chet into the hairpin, which resulted in both of us braking way too late and going straight on :).

Date: September 29, 2005 08:56AM
yea lol.. i was looking in the mirrors.. and thought.. hmm if i brake when he does i should stay in front.. but we messed it up ;)

Date: September 29, 2005 10:37AM
Posted by: Glyn
My race was doomed when I ran wide in turn 1 early on when going side by side. Get on the grass there and it will reshape your car.

Things are looking to be great fun next week though :D

Might be an idea for a few people to disable their virus scanners though ;)

Would it be possible for a rolling start Bazza? Or are people quite happy with the standing start? Last nights went pretty well I thought, where rolling starts can get a bit messy sometimes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy