GPG 24hrs of Toban (2hr rFactor Endurance Race)

Posted by Glyn 
Re: GPG 24hrs of Toban (2hr rFactor Endurance Race)
Date: September 28, 2005 12:54AM
Posted by: matthewp
I'm all for as many people as possible joining, but only if they're willing to practice enough so they're not a hazard to everyone else, I really would like to have a decent race here which doesnt end up in a mess (which is what usually happens when you just post on a forum for people to sign up to a race)

Date: September 28, 2005 01:19AM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
What sort of laptimes is everyone pulling? I need to know if i'm hopelessly off the pace or not. :)

Date: September 28, 2005 09:01AM
Posted by: chet
i did a 1.47 summuts..

i was trying to do about 7lap runs just to check i can do it.. but no i kept making mistakes :P

but i have change some things coz i have a few aids on which i would like to have off because i feel i would have an unfair advantage. so i am goin to try and limit to only traction control and steering :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 28, 2005 10:52AM
Posted by: Glyn
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so is steering help allowed? as a keyboard user i
> would like it.. even if was low. and traction
> control

Yep, thats all allowed. The only things that aren't allowed are

Invulnerability
Spin recovery
Auto pit lane

which aren't really aids in my opinion, more cheats if you ask me. Just remember about the pit lane thing though. You'll need to assign, or know what key/button you assigned the pit limiter to. The speed limit is about 48/49mph, but I always make sure I'm below that speed before the line when pitting, press the button and accelerate up to the limiter.

As Matt said, I'm happy with others turning up for a bigger grid but only if they are willing to do enough practice, and obviously take note of the flags, especially the blue one :)

Just make sure they are OK with 2hrs 24mins of racing though, cos that is a hell of a lot of racing, and a lot, and will happen. Should be fun though, and good practice for us VTR drivers when we come to Le Mans :)

Date: September 28, 2005 10:58AM
Posted by: richardd
I'll probably turn up for practice / qualifying tonight, but there's no way i'll be around next wednesday :)
Date: September 28, 2005 10:59AM
Posted by: gav
Good practise? Bah... that's a short stint!

I'm quite looking forward to this - it'll be a good test of night racing online, which I'm yet to do.
Date: September 28, 2005 12:27PM

What sort of laptimes is everyone pulling? I need to know if i'm hopelessly off the pace or not

i've done a couple of 46s in the few laps i've done (we've got an hour practice tonight so I wouldnt have done any but was bored :) ) Had to make the gearing a bit longer and also tried messing about with the downforce a bit as thats the only major setting you can adjust, but it doesnt really affect laptimes too much and you cant really use it to get more turn in because if you give it more front downforce compared to the rear than the default you get mega oversteer in the high speed stuff, so the stock setup is pretty much what to use which is a good thing really.

Btw I tried a lap at night and I seriously advise people to do some practice laps in those conditions before the race as its pretty easy to lose all you're braking points :)

Date: September 28, 2005 12:40PM
Posted by: Alex@[GP]
I was practicing on the server last night, and the tyre wear was very bad :( Couldnt keep the front left down, no way you'll be able to do a full tanks worth with out being stupidly slow

I managed a 1.45 in low fuel and 1.47 with a full tank and fresh tyres, I guess it'll be half a tank from now on,

BTW, it only lets you set 3 pitstops in rfactor, so what happens with fuel on your 4th???? :(
Date: September 28, 2005 12:53PM
you can adjust pitstops from the LCD, and I guess it'll just fill you up and add new tyres even if you don't (remember to press the request pitstop button first)

Date: September 28, 2005 05:56PM
Just did a little check to see how much the temperatures changed as the time went on, it seems that they're always the same at any given time but they do change.
I started at 1:00pm and the ambient was 26C track 27C, the ambient didnt go any higher but the track peaked at 33C, it then obviously dropped as it started to get dark, the lowest it got before rising for the next day was ambient 14C track 16C. Not sure how much this'll affect laptimes but it should be quite significant.

Date: September 28, 2005 06:56PM
my tyres took 4laps to get up to speed! thats when i set my fastest time..

pitted adjusted gears.. in every lap i was fastest first sector.. just lacked on the others. :P

Date: September 28, 2005 07:39PM
Posted by: mh_84
Sign me up. Been playing this game for a week now. Not used to TC though, but I'll give it a try.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2005 08:52PM by mh_84.
Date: September 28, 2005 07:59PM
Posted by: bazza
Had 3 laps to see how it would go.

low 49s was my time, with a full tank of fuel at the start.

Should be a couple of seconds (for me) in that, and I'd imagine someone fast would be looking at 44s or 45s, or maybe less.
Date: September 28, 2005 08:03PM
Posted by: villarule
Im doing around 55's atm, but theres still some praccy time left, I just need to push harder in some places without going off ;)

Date: September 28, 2005 08:32PM
Posted by: Glyn
matthewp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Btw I tried a lap at night and I seriously advise
> people to do some practice laps in those
> conditions before the race as its pretty easy to
> lose all you're braking points

Those who haven't will be in for a shock tonight then, as the 24hr version of Toban has practice in the day light, but qualifying is at night :)

Gives them good practice though, and next weeks warmup session is in semi light.

Do you know if the air temperature affects engine performance as much as in NASCAR? Or are they just more sensitive to the cooler conditions.

Date: September 28, 2005 08:41PM
I'm heading in blind... it'll be more fun. :D

I've done a few transition races, so I know how to pick out braking points during the day, and convert them to night. A good sense of timing helps too, and most of my braking points rely on that, rather than actually picking a specific braking point. Always has done.

I've not driven the ZR in any shape at Toban since the demo, so we'll see what we're like.
Date: September 28, 2005 08:49PM
lmfao wow... errmm shud be a nice experience for you ;)

Date: September 28, 2005 08:54PM
erm, is the server going to be passworded?

Date: September 28, 2005 08:56PM
You're gonna be rather embarrassed if I'm faster than you and your aids after 10min (edit: that was at Chet, not Matt) ;)

Just for the record, I only use clutch help, saying as most have detailed what they have turned on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2005 08:58PM by gav.
Date: September 28, 2005 08:58PM
lol damn.. :( well i think ill be midfield.. judging buy pace of me and others

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy