Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Demo

Posted by Covfan 
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Demo
Date: November 14, 2005 12:36PM
Posted by: matthewp
yeah pes5 is absolutely awesome much more realistic than the previous ones.

Date: November 14, 2005 10:25PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Gotta find myself a link then ;)
Date: November 16, 2005 12:11AM
Ok, this past night I downloaded FIFA 06 demo and PES 5 demo as well, but since FIFA got done early I was playing it a bit.

I must say, it has come a long way. Massive improvements, I'm happy about that. But the dribbling... meh, annoying. The gameplay was surprisingly nice, you can even configure the buttons to the same style as PES! But anyways, I found no problem in scoring soon though, and the last game I really played was FIFA 2001 (2002 doesn't work on my laptop, and never bought a FIFA game since). Obviously I can't go by graphics, my laptop is junk ;), but was a nice friendly game.

But then...

I went to play PES 5, and right away (RIGHT AWAY) when the kick-off was made and I started running and dribbling with Ronaldo I completely forgot about FIFA ;). Honestly, WE 8 (PES 4) beats it, PES 5... ha, FIFA stays even farther away! And the game looked much better as well despite being medium res at 800x600, and I only came close to scoring, only managed to score once on the demo (about 5 minutes long) since I just went default (didn't try fiddling with strategy and so on).

Yet again, PES 5 is an absolutely no-doubter purchase, but FIFA is fun... but just cannot compare yet.
Date: November 16, 2005 02:28PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
btw, i'd get demo time extender thing if I were you.

H E L L O
Date: November 16, 2005 10:30PM
Meh, it's alright, PES 5 is so close to 4 anyways
Date: November 18, 2005 09:19AM
Posted by: fongu
where dya get the time extender thingy?

Date: June 14, 2006 06:27AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
it possible to add addon kits for this like updated Arsenal kit
Date: June 14, 2006 03:09PM
Posted by: GLD
Of course you can...get on pesfan or evoweb and you will see that you get new kits, balls, faces, adboards, boots, well just about everything. I think i am using Superpatch V3 - tis good!

Please click my sig!
Date: June 14, 2006 03:49PM
so i can add them to the demo?
Date: June 14, 2006 04:49PM
Posted by: GLD
O right my bad no u cant, i though u were talking about the full game

Please click my sig!
Date: June 14, 2006 05:40PM
:( well have to go out and buy it :)
Date: June 14, 2006 08:08PM
You could add it to the demo, yes, but I'm not telling you how, you should buy the game.

H E L L O
Date: June 14, 2006 08:11PM
I have the two previous versions and didn't think twice about buying it, it feels so much better than PES 4, it is worth the 20 Euros or whatever many pounds it costs.
Date: June 15, 2006 12:53AM
Posted by: matthewp
Can't wait for the x360 version, out in november I think.

Date: June 15, 2006 01:05AM
I won't be buying ones till they put in proper 360 movement and control. Also, it really annoys me how famous people are severly overated and you can't do crap with non famous people :( However my brother gets the games anyway, so it's not really a problem.

H E L L O
Date: June 15, 2006 03:47AM
Dan, I've agreed with you on many PES points before but I have to say you can still beat the big guys with an average team. Course it sucks starting with a disadvantage but if you go on Master League you can improve your guys, even though it's a painful process :p.

ps: I can't believe how easy it is to score with PES 5 :-o
Date: June 15, 2006 04:32PM
Posted by: gin
Its not easy scoring in PES5, you probably play on the lowest setting or something?

PES5 is very very good, but it annoys me you get tackled but the other team get the free kick, same happens to goal kicks/corners/throw ins also...there is a bug in the decision scripts...

anyway, in the master league, after the gaem you get a page with points that you have earned, but what do i do with them?! can i give them to players?

Date: June 15, 2006 04:59PM
Guimengo Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Dan, I've agreed with you on many PES points before but I have to say
> you can still beat the big guys with an average team. Course it sucks
> starting with a disadvantage but if you go on Master League you can
> improve your guys, even though it's a painful process :p.
>
>
> ps: I can't believe how easy it is to score with PES 5
>
>
> | Savio | GP4Sound.com | Shadow of the Colossus

Okay, you try beating people with morocco. In real life, they are a pretty good team, but in the game, they are not. Also, when people made patches and converted stats from FM, players with low stats were unrealistically crap - players could not control the ball, strikers could not shoot (even though I know in real life they can). Basically, below 90 the players are reasonable, below 80 they are a bit crap but can sometimes at least do something, but below 70 and you are never going to score ever.

H E L L O
Date: June 15, 2006 05:03PM
Oh yes, and possibly the worst thing, unless you have players with good stats, free kicks are useless. This means people can just cynically foul you and you won't be able to score.

Gui, download the championship patch and you will see how crap the game is to play with low stats - the stats for some of the players are severly underated cos they aren't famous, but also, it doesn't help that in pes when you have stats lower than 70 players turn into spastics.

Don't get me started on accumlated fatigue either. That is awfully implemented. Apparently, only famous players have good stamina, and anyone from my team is half dead after a match.

H E L L O
Date: June 15, 2006 07:25PM
Gin, the lowest I have ever played on was 4 stars and I like to play against big guys (only had time for a few exhibition matches).

And Daniel, it's not Konami's fault for that, you are the one who downloaded the patch ;-). Just go and fix as much as you can manually.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy