Anatomy of an rFactor race... (narrowband alert, bucketload of images)

Posted by six degrees 
Starring: Myself, Greg (Berger_Fan), Alex (Race_Monkey), Mark (covfan), Wai (spike02), MattB (villarule) & Ebi (Stan).

In qual I took pole from Wai, with Greg & Alex on row 2, Ebi & Megan on row 3 with MattB having a row to himself.

The Grid: a picture of tranquility.

"bollocks, did we leave someone behind?"

Things still looking calm... almost too calm...

Yup, too calm... Alex mounts Wai and Mark flies off backwards into the barrier destroying the rear end of his car

"is that your nosecone or are you just happy to see me?"

Alex & Wai leave the track...

Alex & Wai cross the track... Greg somehow slides between them

Not content with being mounted from behind, Wai finds some cones to do some mounting of his own

I was going well, leading from Greg as the first lap unfolded..

yup, going too well - the kerb bit. hard.

leaving me about as sideways as you can possibly get....

yet through a combination of some luck and extreme skill, I recover losing out only to Greg (with the others further back after the n00btacular first corner)

Greg leads the way after the first sector of lap 2.. but brakes slightly too early for turn 6

leaving just enough of a gap for me to dive up the inside and retake the lead!

"textbook."

a small lockup into the chicane, with Greg in P2 and a recovering Wai on the attack in P3

Wai begins to put the magnets on Greg...

unfortunately the magnets are a bit strong and he narrowly avoids running into the back of the big fella

next lap, same corner - the soon to be infamous T6..

..and this time it's Greg that brakes too late! Wai sneaks through and goes on to pull away from Greg, whose race starts to get riddled with small errors.

and speaking of small errors, Wai decides to better my first lap slide...

except he's lacking in leet skillz and turns it into a 360 instead.

mm. skidmarks. tasty.

somehow Wai keeps ahead of Greg, and it will stay this way to the flag.

into the last lap, I'm 15 seconds up on Wai but decide that's not enough so am absolutely on it when another kerb bites...

luckily (or rather through EXTREME talent) I bounce through the gravel, miss the wall...

and rejoin, losing around 4 seconds.

I win, from Wai 2nd, Greg 3rd and Alex 4th - the others retired/quit/got pwned and ran off in a huff to leave only 4 finishers from the 7 starters. A 1-2 finish for Formula Team Growning, celebrating in style with synchronised donut'ing.

Awesomeness ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2005 01:29AM by six degrees.
Dammit Rfactor is good fun :).

My retirement was caused by my l33t avoiding Wai Skills.
nick, anti aliasing! :P
Spike02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nick, anti aliasing! :P
>
>

I post a bunch of shite screenshots and that's the best you can come up with?

your powers must be fading ;)
any chance of a screenshot showing what the damage in game is like?
this has made my mind up to download the game
ah man! I want one!!!!!

gonna have to get my computer attached to the net somehow!!

i just downloaded the demo, was pretty impressed. can you drive offline against cc cars? how many online races are there? what's the damage like on cars not available in the demo?

and is the game available on a torrent site or something to download (or split files), as my connection cuts out after 225mb and the game's close to 400mb.

You can drive offline with AI, indeed you can have AI cars in online races. The damage is so-so, but i dare say some kind soul will fix it. Still, the online racing is fantastic.

Damage is hard to rate. I'd put it at much better than GP4s and F1Cs, but not as good as LFS (altho LFS is a bit odd at times) and definatly not as good as NR2003

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Has it got proper debris collision yet? In F1C, you could hit things, but they had no effect. THat is the best bit of the GP4 damage model by far.

I really want this game now - wish I'd pre-ordered. But I just can't afford it.

But if someone wants to send me a cheque for £30, I'd gratefully accept it :)

Yeah it has debris collision. Using the F3 mod i didnt see what i think was a front wing until it was too late and hit it at 120mph. Damaged my own wing do that

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
except he's lacking in leet skillz and turns it into a 360 instead.

luckily (or rather through EXTREME talent) I bounce through the gravel, miss the wall...

Haha!

Good little gallery Nick, nice.
I am thoroughly confused by the track - it looks like the demo track but then different? :S

H E L L O
Yeah, it's the full-length version of Toban Park

hmm..

id like to join a race.. but im a keyboard user and so gay ;) need a wheel.. so some aids i have to have :(

btw - i was in game today... looking at that golden years of racing game..looks shite :P

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
but then id like to race the f3 cars :P

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Yeah, i'm up for a race later on this evening - make sure the detals are posted here somewhere ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy