I just bought CM5 last night.

Posted by rocker 
I just bought CM5 last night.
Date: September 01, 2005 04:14PM
Posted by: rocker
I liked the new graphic interface, much better than CM4, I found it difficult to get used to CM4 interface, compared to CM3, but CM5 is great and easy.

I started a season with Corinthians, and it has some of the new players that the MSI partnership brought to it. It has Teves, but no Mascherano (but it's ok, he joined Corinthians in the half of the year). Also they didn't noticed that Rincon is already retired, but it's good for me, 'cause he is a great Midfielder.

I just played one friendelly with Imperatriz team (I don't know here this team is from, the friendly was already marked and I wanted to see how was during a match).

I won 5x0, with 3 Tevez goals, also one form Jo and Gil (Jo played just in the second half). I changed all my players in the half time, to have a look in all of them.

I liked the 2D pitch in all the game, in CM4 it was just the best moments, you can analize better the players. The problem is that the game thakes ages to go, so after 15 minutes I changed just to highlights.

Also the team management is different, you can now position the player anywhere you want. It has also other option that I should check out.

I'm not thinking about update it with a new database, cause I think my teams is ok, I just miss Mascherano and Roger, but at least I don't have Seba :P

I don't know if I will keep this game or start a new one, from now, I'm just learning the features of this game.

Also I like the fact that in my game Palmeiras is in the second division!!!

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Re: I just bought CM5 last night.
Date: September 01, 2005 04:22PM
Posted by: Covfan
CM5 is absolutely dreadful, FM 2005 is the proper sequel.
Date: September 01, 2005 04:24PM
Posted by: matthewp
I just bought CM5 last night

must have been one hell of a night out that you ended up buying that shite instead of fm2005 ;)

Date: September 01, 2005 04:38PM
Posted by: -Mikey-
yeah i have played both. fm2005 is much better (and i dont play cm5, i sold it to buy fm2005).

Date: September 01, 2005 04:39PM
Posted by: markko
I think I'm right in saying Eidos and SIGames argued, SIGames the developer made FM2005, and Eidos the publisher managed to keep the name. So basically CM5 isnt nessecarily the sequal to the previous CM games.
Date: September 01, 2005 04:42PM
FM don't run in my P3 700.

It just run on my computer at São José, but I just go there in the weekends.

Rocker
Date: September 01, 2005 05:48PM
Posted by: MarcLister
@markko - that's right. Eidos probably thought that keeping the name would keep people loyal to the series. I tried the demo of CM5 in November and it was crap.

SI Games got the database and all the behind the scenes stuff and won the fight before it even started imo.

Incidentally FM2006 is out early November hopefully!
Date: September 01, 2005 06:21PM
Is it gonna run on my P3 700, 128Mb, Win 98?

´Cause I don't want play it on my P4 in the weekends...

I think I will have to stick with CM5 :(

Anyway, I'm having fun with this game right now (well, I just played 1 hour last night, maybe I will change my idea after 2 weeks, but I don't have time to play more than 1 1/2 hours a day...).

Rocker
Date: September 01, 2005 06:29PM
Posted by: Wirah
Fm2005 runs on my brothers PIII 550, Win 2000, 256MB RAM, rocker. I think if you installed XP/2000 on your machine it would work, and maybe a 128MB stick of RAM.

Date: September 01, 2005 06:29PM
Posted by: MarcLister
FM05 is that you mean rocker? I doubt it. It runs OK-ish on my Intel Pentium M 1.5Ghxz lappie with 512Mb and XP Home. I think the 128Mb RAM on your system might cause it problems.

Why not try the demo? If it runs OK, the full game should be fairly similar.

[www.sigames.com]
Date: September 01, 2005 10:24PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ram is the most important for that game, 512mb is the least you should have to be honest (FM)
Date: September 02, 2005 06:59PM
Posted by: Alex13
384 is enuf, tho 512 is rocommended to run this game

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: September 03, 2005 03:30AM
Thanks Guys,

I was going to buy a 512Mb of RAM this month, but there are going to be a show of Whitesnake and Judas Preist next Friday and I spent the money to it.

Maybe next month I will buy the memory stick, it's from a friend and he is waiting me to buy it. He said he won't sell anyonesle.

Rocker
Date: September 03, 2005 01:00PM
Posted by: Alex13
Cant blame you. JP with Halford is an unbeatable combo :D

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy