track textures edited by me...very WIP

Re: whos brought their rFactor code??
Date: September 05, 2005 08:30PM
Posted by: Xero
Looking great so far!
Date: September 05, 2005 09:16PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
It would be great if one day we could have say a 2 hour race, with 24 hour time scaling. It should be enough time to see the transition go smoothly, and see how well it works.

Havent looked in the options menu in game have we? :p

Date: September 05, 2005 10:38PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I had a really great race with the AI tonight. I was in an M type and the rest of the field was in a mixture of GP2s, M Types and Rhez's (the faster one). With that AI adjustment they are now really giving me some great racing, apart from the F1s where they still smack into the back of me.

I'm glad I bought this game now :)

I tried starting a race at midnight , but the frame rate just fell apart. does this happen to anyone else?

Date: September 05, 2005 10:45PM
Posted by: mortal
Could someone please post the AI edit? TIA mortal

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 05, 2005 10:47PM
Posted by: Glyn
97kirkc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Havent looked in the options menu in game have we?
> :p

Um, yes, cos thats how I know you can do it :P

Date: September 05, 2005 10:54PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
@FRESCO - the frame rate will be lower when it's dark because of the headlight effects. Try lowering the Headlight quality (or whatever it is exactly), and you can get yourself some FPS.

@Mortal

"Hi, I'm Mike Z, the ai programmer for rFactor. Just wanted to drop in, and let you all know I am reading the boards, even if I don't respond everyday. Looks like a couple of bugs, combined with my attempt to make like-model races more competitive is resulting in a little more contact that I intended. Here's a couple of things you can do to cut down on the amount of bad touching:

race against cars of the same upgrade level as you. There's a bug right now were if a car can out accelerate you, he may initiate a pass at inappropriate times. Once a pass is initiated, he may find himself out of control, out of road, or both and that could often result in rear ending you.

Find a skill level of ai that you are competitive against and race against that skill level. We all have seen the havoc that can happen on a racetrack when somebody brakes early while traveling at the speeds these cars travel at. Not only do reaction times come into effect, but often times, a car is already at the very limit of what his tires can take, and any unexpected jerking is liable to send him skidding.

It doesn't hurt to play with the AI aggression at 0%. Among other things, it slightly increases the default follow distance and passing leeway.

Somebody complained about unnatural bunching up of cars. There is a playerfile variable
AI Limiter="1.00000"
set that to
AI Limiter="0.0000"
that will prevent cars from going through various up and down cycles (good laps and bad laps) during a race, make every driver more consistent according to his skill level, and hopefully spread the field out a little more.

In the mean time, I'll continue to look into the problems. Please post replays or video files of suspect behavior. Yes there are bugs, but I find most of the time I get hit, it's because I did something wrong.

From the AI programmer at ISI. See the thread here: [forum.rscnet.org] :)

I was on the verge of buying this today - then the postman came and I've got a lot of other stuff I now need more than rF :(

Date: September 05, 2005 11:32PM
Posted by: TC
edit: Nevermind :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2005 11:33PM by TC.
Date: September 06, 2005 12:56PM
Posted by: matthewp
Havent looked in the options menu in game have we? :p

he's on about doing an online race like this

Date: September 06, 2005 07:26PM
Posted by: Xero
Yeah, know that now. ;) I'm up for it.
Date: September 06, 2005 08:08PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I'll wait for a tin top mod :) I cant stand the origional cars. All i drive is the F3s now, there fantastic.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 06, 2005 10:26PM
Posted by: matthewp
Any news on when the US pits mod will be released?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2005 10:26PM by matthewp.
Date: September 07, 2005 09:16AM
Posted by: villej
Just installed F3-mod. It's great!

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: September 13, 2005 07:55PM
Posted by: Wirah
Just installed this game, it's great fun. The F3 mod is super.

Date: September 14, 2005 02:34AM
Posted by: marcl
yes i really like it as well very good game
Date: September 15, 2005 07:14AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Chet, do you mind just editing the first post so it reads BOUGHT, not BROUGHT?

Just hurt my eyes :P

edit: thank you very much ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2005 08:37PM by Guimengo.
Re: Who's bought their rFactor code??
Date: September 15, 2005 08:47PM
Posted by: villej
Did you get some sort of unlocking code when you bought the game?
At least didn't get one as the activation window just showed 'page not found' text after I had entered my credit card number and paid for the game. Game worked well though when I tried to run it.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: September 15, 2005 09:21PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Just got my rfactor code. I am quite impressed by it all in all just need some more time to drive the game and the mods ie f3 which i've only had a quick blast in.
Date: September 19, 2005 09:57AM
Posted by: gav
I found a new heaven yesterday.

Start a 15 lap race at Birmingham (long) in the ZRs, preferably the Z-type, against all Zs. Start at the back, with the time set to about 6pm, and time acceleration on 45x and with the AI on their top setting. If you can keep it together until morning comes around you should be in a decent position to challenge for a top-5 place. I've had a 4th, but still need a podium. :D

It's great fun in the ZRs once you've got a basic setup sorted - that flat-out chicane and the following sweepers blow me away :D
Date: September 21, 2005 12:25AM
Posted by: keiran
Just got my self a FormulaIS and the speed is just awesome :D Was great fun throwing the thing around with no driving aids on :-) This has got me motivated again to continue the BTCC mod project :)

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy