Re: whos brought their rFactor code??
Date: September 04, 2005 07:19PM
Posted by: chet
tis fun indeed :D:D:D:D:D:D but i play offline :D:D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 04, 2005 07:44PM
Posted by: matthewp
Anyone fancy getting race going amongst outselves then?
and Chet, once you've tried online racing (proper racing not pickup races which are usually shite) then you'll never go back :)

Date: September 04, 2005 09:20PM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
Count me in :D
Date: September 04, 2005 10:08PM
Posted by: Glyn
Just had my first championship race, and experienced the day to night transition for the first time... sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :D

Really does show how good the graphics engine is, the way the night comes in, and then the trackside lights get turned on in the pit area, and then headlights are required. Adds so much to the atmosphere!

I am interested to know though when it says headlights are now required, how long you can turn them off for before you get a penalty (sneeky overtaking move plans ;))

Date: September 04, 2005 10:12PM
Posted by: Wirah
I'm probably going to buy rFactor this week. Are the rumours true that I've heard, about if you purchase it in a different currancy, it works out cheaper (I will be using PayPal)

Date: September 04, 2005 10:14PM
Posted by: Stan
yup its true

Date: September 04, 2005 10:14PM
Posted by: Stan
yup its true

Date: September 04, 2005 10:23PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
$ is the cheapest atm. Might be even cheaper come this week with all the problems.

Date: September 04, 2005 10:36PM
Posted by: Wirah
Dollar is the cheapeast, so how much is it converted into £?

Date: September 04, 2005 11:06PM
updated sky textures for all the default tracks: (taken from GTL demo, are much better than the originals)

[forum.rscnet.org]

Date: September 04, 2005 11:57PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
Anyone played rF in wet conditions??, I bought it last thursday and since today all my races were in dry conditions.

Date: September 05, 2005 12:00AM
Posted by: Xero
Thats because wet weather hasn't been included yet. This will be added in a future patch.
Date: September 05, 2005 09:15AM
Posted by: iceman kimi
Date: September 05, 2005 09:29AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Mmmm... I haven't seen any itens on the LCD screen of the F1s, are they non-existant? :|
Date: September 05, 2005 10:46AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
You mean in replays? As with all ISI games, there are no LCD details in replays.

Date: September 05, 2005 11:01AM
Posted by: Glyn
It would be great if one day we could have say a 2 hour race, with 24 hour time scaling. It should be enough time to see the transition go smoothly, and see how well it works.

The only problem I can see though is we'd need cars with headlights, so it'll have to be the default cars :( Maybe create a new profile, use the all cars/cash cheat and upgrade the car in every area so it's all equal?

Just a thought...

Date: September 05, 2005 11:08AM
Posted by: Dahie
nothing is stopping you, I just drove a ten laps race at toban with an ZR, started 6pm, and it was getting darker and darker, tracklights switched on and some parts of the track got pitch black, you had to drive blindly, amazin :)

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: September 05, 2005 12:27PM
Posted by: marcl
is it worth getting
Date: September 05, 2005 12:44PM
try reading the thread several people have stated their opinion of it.

Date: September 05, 2005 02:48PM
Posted by: Xero
It would be great if one day we could have say a 2 hour race, with 24 hour time scaling. It should be enough time to see the transition go smoothly, and see how well it works.

The only problem I can see though is we'd need cars with headlights, so it'll have to be the default cars Maybe create a new profile, use the all cars/cash cheat and upgrade the car in every area so it's all equal?

It's easily possible. Infact, you could probably get away with doing it at that oval with the infield section in the FormulaIS cars. If I remember correctly, most of the track is lit well. It's great when the lights turn on there. They flicker a good bit before they come on, and all at different times. Really looks stunning!

@marcl: I was skeptical about getting it after reading everyones comments, but I decided to go for it now, knowing I would eventually get it anyway for the mods. I think it's great! Havn't spent much time in anything else other that the F1-like car, and the F3 mod (which is great fun btw!). IMO, it fits nicely along side LFS as an alternative.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy