Who's bought their rFactor code??

Posted by chet 
Re: whos brought their rFactor code??
Date: September 02, 2005 01:41AM
Posted by: chet
ahh yess.. hmm.. well i think they are just going to use them as bases.. but still

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 02, 2005 01:45AM
Posted by: six degrees
plus you're much more likely to get grabbed by the bollocks and get hung up in an abbatoir by simbin...
Date: September 02, 2005 10:22AM
Posted by: Glyn
Whats the deal with online racing then (I havent tried it)?

Can you only drive the cars you have unlocked, and can you drive ones you have upgraded? If thats the case, then isn't it a bit unfair to those who havent played the single player much?

Or does it work like Viper Racing where the single player game where you can upgrade your car is seperate, and in multiplayer you get a fixed Viper (not a crappy bog standard one, a race tuned one) so everythings equal?

Date: September 02, 2005 10:59AM
Posted by: chrislewis
Can anyone please tell me if it's worth buying for just playing singleplayer?

Date: September 02, 2005 11:28AM
Not single player no.

I've not tried the online mode, but it will be where the game is. The AI is just too stupid to be fun really.

Date: September 02, 2005 11:36AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Oh great, cheers for making me throw away £30 ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 02, 2005 01:06PM
Posted by: matthewp
Whats the deal with online racing then (I havent tried it)?

Can you only drive the cars you have unlocked, and can you drive ones you have upgraded? If thats the case, then isn't it a bit unfair to those who havent played the single player much?

Or does it work like Viper Racing where the single player game where you can upgrade your car is seperate, and in multiplayer you get a fixed Viper (not a crappy bog standard one, a race tuned one) so everythings equal?

I think you can drive whatever you have unlocked including upgrades which was what I was concerned about (not sure about that though as I havent tried it either)
I wouldnt say its completely worthless as a single player game, i'm working through the career mode and having a decent time doing up the car to be quick enough to win the particular championship, the AI is just there to make you lap quick enough basically as Glyn said they're no good to actually battle against. It seems they're worse than GTL which is surprising but an indication of where ISI focused their attention.

Date: September 02, 2005 02:30PM
Posted by: b-tone
is it one of those games where eerything is locked? and you get to spend money to paint your car and stuff?

what about the community and mods? is there a wait for tools/unlocking of some sort?

____
Tony

Date: September 02, 2005 02:49PM
yeah they are unlocked, but if you go to a test session and type ISI_BABYFACTORY in the chat window it unlocks all cars and gives you loads of money to install whatever upgrades you want.

Date: September 02, 2005 03:45PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
thanks for the video gav, it does look good, alas the mp demo had some seriious gfx issues with me so i think ill wait a bit before i buy the game (and till it gets cheeper)

on a side note, the hypocrisy in these and other forums these days is mindblowingly beyond belief!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2005 03:46PM by ChrisB.
Date: September 02, 2005 07:00PM
Posted by: FRESCO
Can anyone please tell me if it's worth buying for just playing singleplayer?

Ive had a good single player experience so far, and from what I've seen it is worth buying just for the single player element. I am yet to venture into the online realms of the game, and I havent had much chance to play single player yet. but the few races I did yesterday I had fun with the AI.

EDIT - I was wrong, the AI is crap. Particulary on the F1 cars as they run into the back of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2005 06:06PM by FRESCO.
Date: September 03, 2005 10:51PM
How does championship saving work in this thing then?

I went to find out, skipped qually and left the track in the warmup, and when I came back to the track it was at the warmup stage again. Great I thought, so I started again, did the practice and qualifying proper, and left the track when the event was in warmup, yet this time my championship progress was now at race 2. Grrr.

Does anyone know how saving works for championships?

Date: September 03, 2005 11:39PM
Posted by: Xero
Sorry, havn't tried yet.

Just got it tonight, and despite the bad things i've been hearing about it, I quite like it! Don't care much for the tin tops atm, but the F1 car is great! Yeah the textures are pretty bad, but looking past that along with the modding capabilites, i'm really impressed with rFactor! Looking forward to driving on some real F1 circuits!

I still think LFS is the best sim though. :)
Date: September 03, 2005 11:56PM
Posted by: FRESCO
If ISI patch the dodgey AI then it will be a very good game in my books. I don't understand why the AI are quite bad now when in the MP test demo they was ok.

Date: September 04, 2005 11:24AM
Posted by: Stan
isi said they are working on the ai bug

Date: September 04, 2005 11:28AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Theres been some AI changes that you can make that will help

Put the aggression to 100% - they will try to pass more rather than run into the back of you.

Go into your PLR file (rFactor\UserData\Your name\your name.plr) and change "AI Limiter="1.00000"" to "AI Limiter="0.00000"". It will make the AI have more consistant lap times rather than jumping up and down by a few seconds at a time, it'll also spread the cars out a little bit rather than having huge big groups which cause AI problems

MikeZ (The ISI AI Programmer) posted on RSC asking for Videos and Replays where the AI have caused problems, he is paying attention and is working to improve it :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 04, 2005 11:30AM
Thanks for that Dave!

The AI really bug me, in the sense they enter/exit the pitlane without any regard to where you are, and what speed your going. Similar story when trying to let them past on a blue flag.

Anyone know anything about saving yet hehe :)

Date: September 04, 2005 11:31AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
AFAIK, leaving the track causes the race to skip, giving you nothing for the race. But if you finish the race, then exit the game, you come back and the championship is still in progress. I dont think you can save mid-race-weekend. Its all autosave and it seems to do it in the menus.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 04, 2005 12:46PM
I have had some times when its saved the qualy result so gone straight into the race when i've joined so it can be done, not sure how I did it though :)

Date: September 04, 2005 12:58PM
Posted by: Xero
I switched on reconnaissance laps last night, but it's completely messed up! For a start, when the AI leaves the pits to join the grid it tries to drive through the pitwall to get to the track! They all end up losing their wings and having to pit to repair them. Where on F1c you would press space bar to skip it, doing so on this just starts the lights and leaves all the cars where they were. You get everyone starting from random places, often the pits. Guess they havn't finished it off yet! Would also be nice to have your grid slot lit up like your pit stop slot so you know where to stop.

That aside, it's still great fun. Fantastic sense of speed in the F1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy