Toca Race Driver 3

Posted by anze89 
Toca Race Driver 3
Date: July 14, 2005 07:44PM
Posted by: anze89
I think there has been no topic about this game yet. I really hope that it won't be another sh!t from codemasters because on some screenshots it looks really awsome.

you can find more of them here: [www.bhmotorsports.com]

Re: Toca Race Driver 3
Date: July 14, 2005 08:25PM
Posted by: danny87
Looks brill can't wait for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2005 08:25PM by danny87.
Date: July 14, 2005 10:47PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Looking and sounding good. But we all know that that is what Coddies are best at!

btw, there's been about a zillion threads on it already :) Well, OK, slight exaggeration, but there's been several :)

Date: July 14, 2005 10:55PM
Posted by: ralphi
well.. all i can say is... gimme GPL anyday... gpl looks better then that and probably runs better on my comp then that game ever will.. the damage model will probably never be like that since it's a render..

Date: July 14, 2005 11:04PM
Posted by: matthewp
graphics do look very nice (apart from the lotus 49 which does actually look better in GPL) but lets be honest we all know it'll be a crap game, oh and theres no way the damage will be like that :)

Date: July 14, 2005 11:05PM
Posted by: gav
And if they are renders, which I agree, they are, they look absolutely abysmal.

It's just another codemasters game. @#$%&.
Date: July 14, 2005 11:14PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I agree those are renders, but it doesnt matter if there not. We dont play games for eye candy, we play it for realism and there last attempt had the Ultimate Driving simulation tag on the screens and it just wasnt

btw, why does it still use the name TOCA? BTCC wasnt in the last game and wont be in this one (nobody wants a BTCC sim of 4 cars + a lexus anyway)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 14, 2005 11:18PM
Posted by: Xero
GPL looks better?! LMAO! Thats a bit sinical! It's the best looking racing game yet! On full detail, Race Drive 2 looks stunning!... not far off from those shots. I see no reason why the final game won't look like those shots. If anything, it'll look even better imo, as those shots appear to be lo-res.

The thing is, with the technology available for PC's today, those visuals and damage model are very easy to achieve. Battlefield 2 is the first game to take the big step into the use of the new generation of PC hardware, leaving the old gen behind. More games will follow. Although I don't think RD3 will forget about older technology, it looks as though it will be built around new technology.

I'll prob end up buying it anyway, but I really hope they crack the physics!
Date: July 14, 2005 11:20PM
Posted by: Lemming
I'd like to see a BTCC 2004 season, but 2005 hasn't been so good (altho I'm going to Croft this weekend to see them!)

Nice to see that Williams in there, even if it is a bit out of place. The damage looks nice, if it stays like that it should be good.

Date: July 14, 2005 11:58PM
GPL looks better?! LMAO! Thats a bit sinical! It's the best looking racing game yet!

Nah no way, GPL Renders the Lotus much better than that, and NR2003 kills this game for realistic looks

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 15, 2005 12:00AM
Posted by: ILE_FIN
No matter what anyone says that game still have better looking damagemodel than any other game and superb graphics too.. And it is freaking fun multiplayer game... :D

---
Date: July 15, 2005 12:07AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
ILE_FIN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No matter what anyone says that game still have
> better looking damagemodel than any other game and
> superb graphics too.. And it is freaking fun
> multiplayer game... :D
>
>
>

absolute cack.
how can a game be good when it has shite physics?
those are renders.....
need ingame screens to judge damage.
if this is coming out the same time as rFactor expect it to be pwned silly.

but i must admit i love the track textures ;)
Date: July 15, 2005 12:08AM
better than *any* other game? I doubt that. Visual damage perhaps, but it will not meet NR2003, Richard Burns Rally, or LFS on mechanical damage - and thats the important bit

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 15, 2005 12:10AM
Posted by: Xero
I suppose people have different definitions of good looking graphics. For you it seems to be hi-res models and textures. Now I like those too, but I also like an advanced lighting model and materials, which brings realistic colour and atmosphere to a game imo. Personal preferance, thats all. :) But like I say... I don't think those shots are hi-res.
Date: July 15, 2005 10:57AM
Posted by: fongu
i've always like codemasters graphics in games, however gameplay isnt particularly realistic which is why i rarely stick to a game, but that fw18 looks like it needs converting to a better game ;)

Date: July 15, 2005 11:09AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I used to be scepticle able those damage shots, but's there's no so many of them, I'm beggining to think that the physiacal damage might be like that. They've improved the mechanical damage too apparently, but agreed, it's still not going to be as good as some others.

And as for the graphics, they do look good, but the models aren't great imo. Not bad though when you compare them to the default models you get in say F1C or GP4.

And it's not due for release until Feb 06

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2005 11:12AM by Go Alesi.
Date: July 15, 2005 07:33PM
Posted by: jpmfan
i personally think that the damage will look like that, codemasters in the past two games and the CMR games talked and explained the damage and it did turn out like they said, ive read what they say about this model and thing it is going to happen. be interesting to see it evolve from here.
Date: July 16, 2005 03:24PM
Posted by: anze89
how do you know 100% if it's a screenshot or a render?

Date: July 16, 2005 05:06PM
Posted by: gav
Because the cars are just pasted into a scene, especially noticeable if you look at the Williams. Either that, or it has horrific AA and AF problems.

@Xero: I agree in some respects, but the lighting is off too... it's no better than GP4's lighting, and it's over-reflective too, like GP4's.

Looking at the Lotus 49, which obviously I know quite well having seen photo after photo, it's nothing like as detailed as the GPLEA's version in GPL, both models and texture.

I do like the track graphics though - always been a codies strong point. :)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:28PM
Posted by: ralphi
new screens are here...

some shots look really really good.. but question is.. will it really be good?! >_<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2005 12:29PM by ralphi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy