GTA San Andreas

Posted by BorgDroneX 
Re: GTA SanAndrea's
Date: June 09, 2005 11:27PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Smallest I ever had was 120MB in my old 486SX :D

Yeah The packing I thought was pretty cool, but that just ends up as per usual on the shelf ;)

Tried the game out anyway, runs really really sweet on my system! :-o frame rate limiter off with everything up whack top, at 1280x1024, no lag at all, no weird lagging GFX, its looking promising :D

Here are a few preview images (resized and edited to avoid the forum chiefs going nuts ;))

Still some low quailty textures still are around, but I'm sure the GTA community will sort that out eventually :) but alot of Textures have been upgraded to high quality! runs alot smoother than the playstation 2 with much better GFX! I struggled with the mouse at first :) (been a while since I played a GTA game with a mouse!) but it all came flooding back eventually :D

There is a problem with Audio jumping sometimes, even tho theres no lag in the gameplay (Just Speech not the radio or SFX :S) this could be down to the fact that my Sound Card is about 4 years old tho ;) may look to upgrading to that Terratec I've had my eye on :D

Overall tho, at first I was iffy on whether to buy this or not for the PC, seen as I've already played it on the Playstation 2, but I am very very glad I did :D seems ATM! that Rockstar have iorned out all the Port problems and made a very enjoyable game! anyway I'm bored of this now... I wanna play more!!! Later! :D

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 10, 2005 12:48AM
Posted by: Muks_C
cool.

anyone else find the map hard to decipher on the PS2 version? it seems very muddled and cramped with too much stuff, the map in Driv3r was much clearer. i find i have to pause the game, go into the proper map, and work out where i'm meant to be going, then carrying on playing.

or maybe its just my eyesight?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 10, 2005 01:47AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Aparently they have bastardised the controls compared to how gta3 was on pc? Is this true? :( If so there probly ain't much point me getting it as it will just annoy me. It was done really well as well - wasd for forward, back and strafe and then mouse to aim and shoot and turn around, then in cars you could either steer with the strafe keys or the mouse depending on your choice. I seem to be hearing they have fadged it though? Is this true? I hope not.

H E L L O
Date: June 10, 2005 11:10AM
No its more or less the same :S, BUT BEWARE!, I had to unplug my Shifter and Steering wheel, it sent the player crazy :)

They did at first invert the mouse tho, which peed me off, so I put it back :)

Basic moving keys are AWSD basic FPS movement, and aim with mouse like you say...

Date: June 10, 2005 11:50AM
Posted by: Glyn
For looking, the mouse should be inverted! :P

When you want to look down, you push your head forwards (pusing the mouse forwards). It makes sense! ;)

Date: June 10, 2005 12:23PM
Posted by: Spike02
your hand isn't your head tho ;)
Date: June 10, 2005 12:51PM
Yes but I heard that you couldn't actually strafe anymore? and that a and d just made you move in those directions?

H E L L O
Date: June 10, 2005 01:06PM
When you want to look down, you push your head forwards (pusing the mouse forwards). It makes sense!

exacly ;) when I pushed the mouse forwards it went up :S

well I know you can still strafe with A and D for sure :)

Date: June 10, 2005 04:22PM
Oh good. I might get it then when exams are over if I can be bothered :D Even if it is a bit wigga for my liking but still. I wonder why people told me you couldn't strafe :S hmm anyway, thanks for clearing that up :)

H E L L O
Date: June 10, 2005 09:53PM
Posted by: Wirah
This arrived for me when I got back from school. What a game! Can'ttalkmuchnowmustplaygame
Date: June 11, 2005 03:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
This is one of the most buggy games i have ever played. And its not silly little bugs either, its big ass bugs that stop you being able to even play the game

Like despite my wheel being turned off, the player wouldnt work correctly with it installed, so i have to uninstall my Momo just to play the game. It doesnt work on almost all old ATI drivers, and most nVidia drivers have missing textures. The camera controls are shocking and when it rains, even on low details i get around 1-5fps. (Normally a good smooth 40 fps or so).

This needs some serious patches. Rockstar are making a habit of releasing poor console ports with the GTA series now

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2005 03:50PM by DaveEllis.
Date: June 11, 2005 04:02PM
eeee! thats never good :-o What GFX cards have you got Dave? I'm able to run it okay on my Nvidia, but granted that is using the latest drivers for the 6800's

Date: June 11, 2005 04:05PM
6600 GT

I dont have the invisible pedestrian problem with alot of nVidia cards have but every so often it does put a random white strip on a texture. And when it raisn i cant play.

Basicly this game seems to have gotten no testing on anything other than 1 machine with 1 specific nVidia card, with nothing but a keyboard and mouse plugged into it. How in the world my steering wheel can cause problems just being installed and turned off and not selected in the games menu, god knows.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 11, 2005 04:26PM
Do you still have your shifter? or has Neil got that now? I had to unplug my shifter too :o, however I've never noticed any bad problems like that with the graphics o_O The only problem I'm having is with the audio, sometimes it'll just cut out and leave the radio for no reason :| need a new soundcard hehe :)

I've tried looking round GTA forums tho Dave, to no avail tho :( Maybe you could try and email Rockstar?

Date: June 11, 2005 05:02PM
I tried the GTA forums too, no word of rain problems

Im having very slight sound sync problems, but nothing important

The shifter wasnt plugged in. Thats boxed awaiting shipment to Oz for Neil. It was just the Momo. I found out when some guy said he had to uninstall his joy stick just to be able to play because CJ kept running left. Well CJ kept running backwards for me, so the same problem really. Uninstalled the Momo and it worked.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 11, 2005 05:56PM
Posted by: Glyn
I must admit the controller thing annoyed me too. By default, some controls were bound to the joystick, but even after removing all bindings to the joystick the character was still moving all over the place. The best thing is - only my pedals were plugged in!

Date: June 11, 2005 06:41PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> The shifter wasnt plugged in. Thats boxed awaiting
> shipment to Oz for Neil.

/me waits with anticipation :D

Date: June 11, 2005 07:54PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Dave, I've got the same video card and I don't have the problems you mention. Anyway, it's good to see you back.

IanW oollam- After reading the game spot review I wouldnt bother buying a new card just for this game. The review was on different platforms and the sound issue is universal.

Date: June 11, 2005 09:11PM
I doubt it is video card related. Sounds more of a game bug, one of the many.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 11, 2005 11:03PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
i've had 2 problems with the game so far however i think i've sorted the 1 problem out now.....

problem 1 = the game kept freezing then crashing (taking windows with it GRRR)
apparently its happening to anyone who has a ATI GFX Card (something to do with the VPU recovery option in the menu).

however i took advice from a thread in another forum and installed Omega Drivers and so far ive played the game for 4 hours and its been fine so hopefully this is now sorted!! :)

2nd problem = some of the sfx for things like punching and gun fire seem to get muffled on occasion, exiting the game and reloading does return things to normal but it is annoying, has yet i've not got that problem sorted out.

apart from that so far the game has been sweet

the gfx are ace and all other sfx have been top notch

im running the game with these specs:-

Frame Limiter is on (25fps on average)
detail is set to HIGH
resolution is set to 1024x768 32bit
2x AA

the only time the gfx look bad is when it rains/stormy weather
and when its foggy the frame rate drops a bit

NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy