GPL 1955 Progress

Posted by Glyn 
GPL 1955 Progress
Date: May 14, 2005 09:40PM
Posted by: Glyn
[forum.rscnet.org]

Looks like something else that might be worth keeping an eye on. Powerslides galore :D

Re: GPL 1955 Progress
Date: May 15, 2005 12:32AM
Posted by: gav
The more the merrier, and I'm looking forward to how well a different era can be interpreted, but I'm really, really looking forward to the '69 mod ;)
Date: May 15, 2005 12:36AM
;)

There are piles and piles of mods in production as you can see in the RSC private forums. Not sure if I can say what they are though as I haven't seen them mentioned outside the 69 forum, but GPL is just going to get better with some seriously fun equipment :D

I'm just waiting for someone to use the downforce mod to create a ground effect car hehe

Date: May 15, 2005 01:37AM
Posted by: TC
Wish I could find GPL somewhere other than ebay :( I remember playing the demo years ago, but never got around to buying the game.
Date: May 15, 2005 11:41AM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
Why not ebay?, I got mine for a fiver on ebay, the sold out version, still vacuum wrapped!

Date: May 15, 2005 01:12PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Yeah, sold-out version is good :).
Also, has anybody heard/played Spirit of Speed '37? From Microprose, I bought it (off e-bay) on a pack with Super 1 Karting and GP500
Date: May 15, 2005 01:13PM
If I didn't have GPL, even today I'd happily pay way over £100 for it - it's given me so many years of fun sim racing, I've drove far too many miles on it, but I've still got the feeling I had when I bought it.

It's staggeringly annoyingly good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2005 01:13PM by gav.
Date: May 15, 2005 02:22PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i seem to remember a 50s mod was started about 5 years ago, i used to keep track on it but alas it made no progress further than menus and a simple carshape
Date: May 15, 2005 03:42PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
me and gpl = crashy crashy :(

One day I'll get better!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 15, 2005 04:23PM
I've actually just seen another thread over at RSC where someone gives a wishlist of mods, and more is talked about there with the other mods.

There are some screens of a 67 sports car mod, and someone hints as to a ground effect mod too :D

Date: May 15, 2005 04:43PM
Posted by: chet
i still cant complete a 3 lap run on any track without crashing :(

this mod looks awsome :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 15, 2005 11:25PM
Do you have a wheel? its virtually impossible without, also dont use the aids, all they do is slow you down.

Learning to drive on GPL also helps your driving on other sims as things like throttle control and gearing are so much more important.

@Glyn Ground Effect? I thought GPL didnt do aerodynamics?

Date: May 16, 2005 12:50AM
Posted by: chet
with the new 69 mod it does ;-

and i use a joypad :(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 16, 2005 01:18AM
Posted by: Guimengo
It's not that hard to drive, it's just not easy being fast on keyboard, and gamepads are easier than keyboards, but you have to make sure it is well calibrated otherwise it can be just as hard as keyboard.
Date: May 16, 2005 10:53AM
Race_Monkey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Glyn Ground Effect? I thought GPL didnt do
> aerodynamics?

It does now :)

THe downforce mod was developed, and is intergrated into the 69 mod, but it can be used for other mods too with the settings changed to basically apply downforce in anyway you want.

The mod actually also simulates the lift that 60s cars generate at higher speeds, but it's not something you notice actually other than in your laptimes.

Date: May 16, 2005 11:29AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
sweet :D

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 16, 2005 09:36PM
wow, thats some development, surely this makes GPL one of the best sim engines ever then?

Date: May 16, 2005 09:40PM
Doesn't model tyre wear (which wasn't an issue in 67 anyway), and however well the aero mod is implemented, it will never be as sophisticated as the NR2003 model, which will be unbeated at least until FIRST release their product, IMO.
Date: May 19, 2005 03:08PM
Posted by: Gazork0
Lift, now that's something I'd like to try at Silly Jump ;)

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy