GPL

Posted by bazza 
GPL
Date: April 19, 2005 01:35PM
Posted by: bazza
Hi everyone.

I've had a bit more spare time over the past few days, and after playing some old Nurby on GT4 I want to get GPL back out. I've not been playing racing sims for at least a year or two, and hence my postings have disappeared from here :). What do I need to patch it up? I searched, but I'm just getting a load of @#$%& from the big GT4 thread, and the GPL rank thread, so decided to be lazy and just ask.

Any car recommendations are welcome, and standard track updates too. Gonna work on my GPLRank so no need for any customs/ add-on tracks

Baz
Re: GPL
Date: April 19, 2005 02:01PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
[www.grandprixgames.org]

LS has posted a link to the RSC forum FAQ, which has all the downloads you'll ever need :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: April 19, 2005 02:02PM
just went to gplrank and generated an ini. last time i uploaded was 23.9.2003, so it's been a while..
Date: April 19, 2005 03:28PM
Posted by: Glyn
When you say 23.9.2003, makes me wonder how many hours I've played the thing. I got back into GPL after going on and off it when VT started up Feb 2003 and we had a fun race more or less every day. Some great battles with Chris too (Hakkinen style lapping moves :D)

Date: April 19, 2005 05:30PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Glyn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you say 23.9.2003, makes me wonder how many
> hours I've played the thing. I got back into GPL
> after going on and off it when VT started up Feb
> 2003 and we had a fun race more or less every day.
> Some great battles with Chris too (Hakkinen style
> lapping moves :D

/cries *oh miloval races, those were the days*

incidently i still watch that hakkinen style move sometimes, its just nice for the leaders to go past two cars on either sides and come out the other side with positions inversed ;-)(and how get down the banking without spinning is rather impressive ;))

Date: April 19, 2005 10:49PM
Posted by: Gazork0
All in one patch here (plus more tracks than there are countries in the world ;)) - [trackdb.d2g.com]

Cars here - [www.gplea.org]

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Date: April 20, 2005 11:02AM
Posted by: Glyn
ChrisB Wrote:
> incidently i still watch that hakkinen style move
> sometimes, its just nice for the leaders to go
> past two cars on either sides and come out the
> other side with positions inversed (and how get
> down the banking without spinning is rather
> impressive )

I actually watched it not so many weeks back too now you mention it. The thing that stuns me is how close I came to slicing 2 wheels off on the barrier, yet was totally oblivious to it at the time.

Date: April 20, 2005 02:10PM
Posted by: villarule
What patches exactly does the all-in-one patch include?
Date: April 20, 2005 04:34PM
I got some stuff using the faq, and a bit of the old googling. Got all the gplea cars, track updates from the link, plus monaco rocks. Managed to search and find gplcsm, got vroc, got it working, and went and took 30 seconds off my nurburgring time. I actually know which way the corners go now, so should be able to get under 9 minutes, and then down towards 8 and a half quite quickly :)
Date: April 20, 2005 08:18PM
Posted by: gav
villarule Wrote:
> What patches exactly does the all-in-one patch
> include?

Off the top of my head it contains up to and including the 1.2.0.1 patch, plus the speed fix (1.2.0.2), and adds Direct3D and OpenGL renderers.
Date: April 20, 2005 08:55PM
Posted by: villarule
Cheers gav :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy