GTR

Posted by mad otter 
Re: GTR
Date: April 14, 2005 05:12AM
Posted by: danm
anyone up for a GTR orgy this weekend some time?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 26, 2005 03:56PM
Posted by: kit kat
Just got this game myself & i am well impressed!!!

Every driving game i play i compare it with gp4 (for feel) & this is up there with gp4 if you ask me!!

& with on line multiplayer it even makes the game better!!!

anyone play this? whets your tag\name on line?

"QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!"

Amd 64 3200+ 939 skt 640kb cache,Asus A8V Deluxe Socket-939 VIA/KT800Pro,Kingston 2X 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz(dual channel),Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB 7200rpm SATA 8MB,200gb Western digital 8mbcache 7200rpm,Radeon 9800 pro 128mb,Soundblaster Audigy2
Date: May 26, 2005 06:14PM
Posted by: Gazork0
GTR is most certainly not crap, whoever thinks that must be some sort of spoiled brat ;)

Seriously, some peoples' expectations are way too high. How on earth can GTR not be realistic? How can the graphics not be good?

Funky Truck - The official Vader Trophy Racing Timewaster
BATracer - Online racing strategy game, great fun!
Date: May 26, 2005 10:45PM
Posted by: Glyn
Gazork0 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How on earth can GTR not be realistic?

Most peoples gripes are the physics/driving model which doesn't give any feedback from the tyres.

Date: May 26, 2005 10:46PM
Posted by: ralphi
DaveEllis Wrote:
> GPL all over again or wat!
>
> GPL piss's all over GTR in almost every possible
> way. Simbins newest offering almost seems funneh
> :S
>
>
> vMax.Ellis
> Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
> www.vMaxSR.com

wow.. i totally didn't see that coming from you dave.. jeez man.. some people like other games more then gpl.. don't be so negative to people's opinion all the time man..

Date: May 26, 2005 11:02PM
Glyn Wrote:
> Gazork0 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How on earth can GTR not be realistic?
>
> Most peoples gripes are the physics/driving model
> which doesn't give any feedback from the tyres.
>
>

Date: May 28, 2005 12:40AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
I've got GTR and it has instantly become one of my favourite games, I love the idea of time-limit based races,they never worked too well in other games. If only I could get it to run correctly, it's making my PC run waaaaaaaaaaay too hard when compared to F1C or even GP4. :|

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 28, 2005 02:34AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
has the game improved from the leaked press demo? because that demo was absolute @#$%&. my brother will be buying GTR in the next week or so so im hoping like hell its improved.
Date: May 28, 2005 09:57AM
Posted by: anze89
what was wrong with that demo?

Date: May 28, 2005 10:50AM
There's no pleasing some people... :(

Date: May 28, 2005 11:43AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
It is better than the demo, as you get soo much more things to do and choose from.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 29, 2005 08:27AM
Posted by: v3rlon
Just got GTR...loving it (was contemplating GP4 but could not find it). GTR legends looks fun too.

Got the Logitech MOMO wheel set all forces to 150% in control panel and to full in game and I like it.

What game DOES give tyre type feedback, if that completely degenerates this game into utter crap (and I am certainly enjoying this utter crap as far as it goes)
Date: May 29, 2005 04:26PM
Posted by: Glyn
v3rlon Wrote:
> What game DOES give tyre type feedback, if that
> completely degenerates this game into utter crap
> (and I am certainly enjoying this utter crap as
> far as it goes)

Papy games - GPL, NASCAR 2003 are good examples.

When you lock a brake, you can feel which one even without force feedback, because the car pulls as the tyre loose/regains grip. It's the same story when cornering, and with understeer/oversteer.

I don't think anyone is saying it generates the game into utter crap, because GTR is a mighty fine game, if thats what you want from it. I, and from reading other peoples posts who complain about the tyre model, were wanting a hardcore sim, which it isn't. That's the different.

Date: May 29, 2005 04:59PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
"When you lock a brake, you can feel which one even without force feedback, because the car pulls as the tyre loose/regains grip. It's the same story when cornering, and with understeer/oversteer. "

errrrr .... I drive F1c many times a day without helps and I can assure you I feel all that while I drive

edit : I should add I drive with Rh04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2005 05:01PM by Forgotten-Boy.
Date: May 29, 2005 06:17PM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
Using RH04 makes no difference Forgotten-Boy, the problems with the tyre model are with the game engine.
Must admit, I never could tell any difference, but now I take my sim-racing more seriously and have an FF wheel, I can feel a world of difference between games.
Date: May 29, 2005 06:31PM
I can feel very easily when I have understeer or oversteer or when I brake( I play without FF btw, my wheel is broken )
Ah well, perhaps it´s just the fact I have done so many laps around with f1c

edit : bad english fixed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2005 06:33PM by Forgotten-Boy.
Date: May 29, 2005 11:44PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i am loving gtr having just bought the proper version, and it is now running well

after my first serious few laps using the default fast setup at donington i managed 1.32.764 in the vette, and i know there is a lot more to come, but how does it sound after about 10 laps of practice

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: May 30, 2005 12:10AM
I remember doing 1:29 there with one day test ( many laps though )with a Ferrari or Viper, cant remember, with setups that came with the game.
I think for 10 laps it´s nice

edit : without helps btw , not sure about you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2005 12:11AM by Forgotten-Boy.
Date: May 31, 2005 12:30AM
Posted by: kit kat
They game has come on a long way since the demo!! now on V1.4.0.0!!!!

& the on line racing is mega!!;)

"QUIT DREAMING THIS IS REAL LIFE BABY!!!"

Amd 64 3200+ 939 skt 640kb cache,Asus A8V Deluxe Socket-939 VIA/KT800Pro,Kingston 2X 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz(dual channel),Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB 7200rpm SATA 8MB,200gb Western digital 8mbcache 7200rpm,Radeon 9800 pro 128mb,Soundblaster Audigy2
Date: May 31, 2005 11:39AM
that´s because you never played rfactor :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy