Proto C Service Pack 3

Posted by JonVic 
Proto C Service Pack 3
Date: March 21, 2005 11:16AM
Posted by: JonVic
Have any people tried this new add-on pack for this fantastic mod?

If so i have 2 questions firstly i have a good GFX card and processor:

nvidia FX5900XT
Sempron 3000+

however i find that even with medium settings the fps drop quite low on tracks like brands at certain points, do others get this? It seems to be graphically VERY demanding.
Second the new cars are bitches to drive, even with all driving aids on they slide out really badly when accelerating, is there any way of calming the arses of these cars down cause they are so hard to drive (i use a wheel btw). Apart from that thought the mod is first class:

www.virtua-lm.com

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2005 11:17AM by JonVic.
Re: Proto C Service Pack 3
Date: March 22, 2005 01:56AM
Posted by: Stefmeister
I like it, the cars are a bit tricky to get used to but its great. I have a Atlong 2800+ Barton & a Medion Radeopn 9600TX & i set everything to Max with no drop in frame rate.
Date: March 22, 2005 09:48AM
Posted by: andrew_S
could do with a bit of variety in terms of cars admitedly, but it is great

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 22, 2005 07:42PM
@Stefmeister: So running all settings at max you get no framerate drop at Brands!? c'mon you must do:) my framerate never goes below 30fps but you can notice it a bit, my spec is faster than yours and i can notice framerate drop, on some tracks like lemans it is not noticable but at brands you must notice it surely!

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

Date: March 24, 2005 01:47AM
Seriously i don't get any frame drop. My frame rate stays at 61fps constantly, i have 2x AA & AF with V-sync on & all settings on Max & i seriosly get no drop in frame-rate. Its true that you have a Sempron 3000+ but its not actually much faster if any faster than my Processor. Since I have a Barton Core CPU i've been told that my CPU has more cache or something which makes it faster than standard Athlons & Semprons Etc... + teh Gfx card i have isn't a standard Radeon 9600. Its A Medion 9600tx (Not 9600xt) its basically a 9600xt with the best parts of the 9500/9700 pro which had faster memory & CPU's, Medion put the fastest of all aforementioned cards into this & called it a 9600TX. Although specs seem different i would say that opur specs are actually about even :) How much RAM to you have? I Have 512 PC3200 & a Nforce2 chipset Mobo, RAM can also affect frame rate although not by much.
Date: April 02, 2005 03:03AM
hmmm....what resolution are you using and are you running in 32bit mode, i am running 1024x768 32bit and 70hz refresh rate. This is kinda weird i dont get framerate drop except on the main straight and on the straight after Graham Hill bend as i said above at Brands, i dont get why you would not get this with a similar system, the rate drops so much it is difficult to control the car properly sometimes.....?

edit: I have noticed that it is the in-game settings that affect performance. The slowdown occurs whatever the resolution. If it is on FULL or HIGH then i get slowdown on certain points, MEDIUM settings means it is smooth. Well that is clearly the difference between your system and mine! Maybe it is my 25 quid soltek m/board that makes the difference compared to your nforce one...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2005 12:45PM by JonVic.
Date: April 02, 2005 03:18AM
Posted by: smorr
speaking of this mod,do i need to get the sp's in order, and do i need the patch first? i am currently doing the stock version, but too bad the chicanes got to mulsanne straight.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: April 25, 2005 01:29AM
Im running it in 800x600 in 32-bit. I would run it in the higer resolution but when i tried it I didn't really see any graphical improvements, well at least not on this tiny monitor i have.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy