Posted by JustinZiarko 
New LFS S2 Video
Date: March 03, 2005 11:35AM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
From the LFS site:

added wed, Mar. 2nd, 2005 22:00
>S2 development continues
>An additional Blackwood movie

S2 development continues... in the last few days, Scawen has implemented the compressed textures system and worked on increasing the frame rate when 20 players are online. Eric has been finishing the Blackwood track and done some work on the drivers and animations. Victor has been preparing LFS World bit by bit to accomodate the S2 release. The hotlappers will be specially pleased with the new hotlap pages, which contain all new hotlap ranks and much more detailed charts and hotlap statistics.

For your entertainment in the meantime we've uploaded an additional Blackwood movie which shows some racing with the new GTR cars.

Enjoy :)

I've just watched the video, it's looking very impressive :D The development report gives me confidence that it's getting very close to release now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2005 03:14PM by JustinZiarko.
Re: New LFS S2 Video
Date: March 03, 2005 01:40PM
Posted by: six degrees
Date: March 03, 2005 03:14PM
D'oh, the link didn't highlight well *edits post*
Date: March 03, 2005 04:18PM
Posted by: markko
Nice vid, looking forward to it :)
Date: March 03, 2005 05:13PM
Posted by: Xero
Great vid! I see they're being conservative about the release date... 2005. Lol.
Date: March 03, 2005 05:30PM
Lol, well I think this is the first time they've commited to a year ;)
Date: March 08, 2005 08:17AM
Been watching the video more closely. The suspension overhaul is actually quite noticable! There's small parts of the video where it jumps to an in-car view. Reminds me of GTR in a way.

And at the end of lap 2 where the car spins... I think if that were S1 then it would have been fairly easy to collect it and keep going.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2005 08:17AM by Xero.
Date: March 08, 2005 10:01AM
Also something else i noticed about the spin @ the end, the skid lines get thinner where the contact patch is changing. As far as I can remember that didn't happen in S1
Date: March 09, 2005 03:04PM
Yeah, your right! Nice spot... I would never have noticed that. Not sure if that currently happens in S1, you'd probably have to check.
Date: March 09, 2005 05:44PM
Checked it out, as far as I can tell it doesn't do it. If that is the case, I think this is a sign that the tyre physics are greatly improved.
Date: March 10, 2005 11:10AM
Yeah, they've been overhauled too. Infact, I think Scawen is still touching up on them as we speak. Surely it can be too far away! Within 2 months i'd guess... Victor is preparing FLS World, and Eric and Scawen are touching up things. Just seems to me they're into the fine tuning stage, and probably beta testing in secret.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy