Crammond's Stunt game canned

Posted by CDN_Merlin 
Re: Crammond's Stunt game canned
Date: February 27, 2005 09:08PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
the rain in gp3 was one of the best features

i remember loading it up and racing 50% race at melbourne. The realism of the rain falling in certain areas and then covering the whole track, trying to judge when to come in for your stop just like the ai were doing and then later when it stopped raining and you were swerving off the dry line to cool down your wet tyres......just awesome
Date: February 27, 2005 10:19PM
Posted by: gav
In GP4 I had a quick race at Monaco (bumped the distance up to around 15 laps). It started dry, so started on grooves, but the forcast was of torrential rain to start immediately. It got very wet, very quickly, and after 3 laps, some cars pitted for wets. With 2-3 laps to go, most of the remaining cars on drys pitted for monsoon tyres, but a couple of AI cars, and myself, stayed on the slicks.

Was bloody hard going, with no aids, but I think I finished 2nd to Coulthard - so, so rewarding :D
Date: February 28, 2005 03:35AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Glyn, any chance of those tyre fixes coming for default 67 season?

And does anybody know other "projects" which Geoff is/was involved? Seriuosly... he sounds like some lazy, cocky programmer.
Date: February 28, 2005 10:27AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I think its just thetre's not much money in racing games, developers know ythat and need the game made to be able to make a big profit - and very few do.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 28, 2005 02:26PM
Posted by: Glyn
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Glyn, any chance of those tyre fixes coming for
> default 67 season?

Nope, they are leaving the 67 cars well alone because of the implications with GPLRank and online racing - it would just be too easy to cheat. The cars in the 69 mod are pretty much the same as the 67s though. A bit more power, bit more more grip and of course a bit (and I mean a bit) of downforce.

Date: February 28, 2005 06:39PM
I was imagining something like that, would mess up since everyone plays that 67 season, and not everyone would have/like it....

oh well, thanks :)
Date: March 01, 2005 10:42AM
Posted by: Glyn
Just had a brainwave (the horror! :P) Gui.

There is a mod that was recently released (bout Christmas) for GPL called Thunder Cars. It's a one make mod, V8 powered cars, slick tyres. I've not driven the final version thats released (nobody really plays it online sadly) but when I drove a beta in September it had the fixed tyre physics, and a bit less grip than the 69 cars.

It's well worth trying if you want to experience the fixed tyres with something that has a bit more power than a Kenwood food blender :P

Date: March 02, 2005 12:12AM
Haha, it's ok, I want to stay with what we go on VT :).

I am fine with my 50 hamster-powered Brabham :). Just so you know... have a look at here: [forum.vadertrophy.com]

2 quick replays I made not long ago, but they were widely ignored in the forum ;) :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy