Nascar SimRacing

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Nascar SimRacing
Date: February 22, 2005 11:24AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I very well know this game is by EA, but I'm getting badly conflicting opinions about it :| Some well respected people in the Communities are saying this game is very good, if not better than N2003. . . So I basically wanna know, is this game any good that its worth downloading to check it out, or should I just skip :P

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: Nascar SimRacing
Date: February 22, 2005 01:02PM
Posted by: Glyn
You shouldn't buy it because EA took away Papy's license to make official NASCAR games. Sounds shallow, but its true :P

Date: February 22, 2005 01:39PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

as i agree with glyn, every single person i seen write a review about it, say its god awful. 99% of these people race in the same nascar league as myself ellis and ville. they all said it was awful. enough for me to avoid like the plague.

Date: February 22, 2005 01:41PM
didn't say I was gonna buy it ;)

Disclaimer: I do not in any way endorse the use of warez for any terms except 1... if its a EA Game ;)

Date: February 22, 2005 02:12PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Its dreadfull

Same old physics engine with no feeling
Doesnt support Momo wheel Feedback correctly (Most popular wheel on the market and EA doesnt support it? n00bs!)
The tracks are inaccurate
Theres some tracks missing (Pocono being the main one)
The car models are several years out of date, and still wrong. All they did was put 2003 templates on 2001/2002 shapes
Car models need better normals are reflection maps (actually they need destroyed and started from scratch)
The Truck models are all fords. There "dodge" is simply a ford with a dodge logo on the hood. All the Truck liveries are fictional
Mutliplayers just F1C - which means when someone joins theres join lag. Kind of destroys draft trains that one..

Only good things seem to be it has telemetry and a career mode. But even the career modes said to be a bit @#$%&

How you can have a nascar "sim" without car/truck models for every make, and without all the real tracks god knows. At least Papy subbed in Rouen when they couldnt get Le Mans. EA just left out Pocono, one of the best nascar tracks at the moment!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 22, 2005 02:31PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
Ellis
Mutliplayers just F1C - which means when someone joins theres join lag. Kind of destroys draft trains that one..

After a while you could find some people and make a private room, and then invite them in/give only them the password and then make it only x amount of spots, then no-one can join after you start the race? Would that fix it?
Date: February 22, 2005 02:34PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Yeah it would. As long as someone doesnt join whilst your driving it is fine. I've read a few people who were 3 wide in a draft train, someone joins, and suddenly its all one massive wreck

NR2003 doesnt allow you to join after qualifying. This should be an option for NSR imo.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 22, 2005 03:17PM
looks like thats a 'skip' then :P

Date: February 22, 2005 08:40PM
Posted by: Glyn
Yep :)

If you compare NR2003 and EA's game, you'll quickly see there is nothing Papy's beast can't do as well, if not better...

Date: February 22, 2005 11:45PM
Posted by: JPM
I downloaded the game a while back (the demo) and that was the worst GAME i have ever played. It is in no way realistic, the graphics are crap, and there is no fluidity in the movement of the game. NR2003 puts this game to shame. The only reason some people are praising the game is because EA are distributing a few free copies around and run giveaways and sponsor some leagues.

JPM
Date: February 23, 2005 11:34AM
Posted by: villej
As others have said, it is crap. I tried the demo and there was no single thing that I liked. For me, it is no way a rival for NR2003.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: February 23, 2005 11:49AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

see i told you to avoid like the plauge

Date: February 27, 2005 12:17AM
Posted by: smorr
its like playing GT4, but you only get 10 different cars.

Yes i love GT4, but its not realistic, and in a PC Game i want Realistic Dammit.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy