Far Cry
Date: February 12, 2005 12:27AM
Posted by: Nik_I
anyone here have it? really amazing
Re: Far Cry
Date: February 12, 2005 05:31AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Have it, played it, got bored with it.

The game is all eye-candy, there's no substance to it.
Date: February 12, 2005 10:47AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

its a bit more than just eye candy bernie, but sadly not much. I got bored with it and so far have yet to complete it.

Date: February 12, 2005 11:28AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
its hard! I had trouble playing the demo. Very intelligent AI, maybe too much so....

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 12, 2005 12:18PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Only played the demo where you start in the sea and have to blow up a satelite dish. I enjoyed how I could ghost the game. Then I got to a point where it forced me to fight :( Seemed good but I never got it.

H E L L O
Date: February 12, 2005 02:05PM
Posted by: Morbid
IMHO there is a lot of substance in it, depending on what you look at. In the sense of story, there isn't much. The way it forces you to use stealth (if you use higher diff levels), and the way the AI is hooked into that, works really well.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 13, 2005 04:07AM
like most ubisoft games, it requires much stealth. fortunately for me, im a natural Sam Fisher. But unlike splinter cell, you find yourself trying parts over and over again. but i like the intelligence of the AI. and the Tridgens, are they some kind of doom 3 or Halo (the flood) ripoff?
if only the game had a better plot instead of having to go to some tropical islands to find some undercover photographer, but the graphics, mod friendly setup, and fun multiplayer makes up for the what lacks in the story.
but its a good buy. not to much money and one of the longer first person shooter games
Date: February 13, 2005 04:08AM
and has anyone tried out any mods?
Date: February 13, 2005 04:30AM
Posted by: Guimengo
ask Ian Woollam, he adores this game ;)
Date: February 13, 2005 04:34PM
Posted by: mp4-dave
The levels that invlove fighting against humans (or avoiding them) are really good. The game goes down hill once the monsters turn up. The story could have been much better. Instead of the usual crazy man creates monsters that run wild story.

I walk through walls and inanimate obstacles
By educed a reduction of cells and molecules
Date: February 13, 2005 05:43PM
Nik_I Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> like most ubisoft games, it requires much stealth.
> fortunately for me, im a natural Sam Fisher.

Have you not heard of the dark project or the metal age *sigh*

H E L L O
Date: February 15, 2005 12:11AM
no, i havent actually
Date: February 15, 2005 10:17AM
They are really good :) You can probably still get demos of them somewhere O_o If you want info, go to www.ttlg.com and go to the forums and you can ask what you like etc.

you can get thief 2 here: [www.mx2.co.uk]

And if you want thief 1 or thief gold (thief gold has 3 extra levels but is a pain to find, so if you want that I'd reccomend going on ebay). anyway thief 1 is here: [toysandgames.kelkoo.co.uk]

They are both really good games. I'd reccomend playing them in order - thief 1/gold (depending on which one you get) and then thief 2 :)

You can also get things that people have made to update the models etc

If you are vaguely interested and want me to hunt out a demo for you then I will :) The first of the series I played was the Thief 2 demo - huge and amazing, I had never seen a game like it :)

H E L L O
Date: February 20, 2005 12:55PM
Posted by: darrenj
It was a brilliant eye candy game, better than doom3 I would say, I certain test for my PC hardware, but Half Life2 worked smoothly on the same hardware and was a much better game!

I finished both Far cry and Haf Life2 but got bored of Doom3

===========================================================================
Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
Shop lifters of the world, unite and take over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2005 12:56PM by darrenj.
Date: February 20, 2005 01:04PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i got no where near finishing Far Cry or Doom3.

much closeer on Far Cry tho.

Date: February 20, 2005 02:14PM
Posted by: matthewp
I finished doom 3 but just for the sake of doing it, was like work by about half way through, Carmack cementing his reputation of making tech demos rather than games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy