GT4

Posted by sasjag 
Re: GT4
Date: February 07, 2005 12:36PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
GT2 has a great sense of speed, GT3 less so, but I just dont like GT3, its not a very good games.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 07, 2005 01:49PM
Posted by: sasjag
i liked GT3, but it didnt hold me like GT1 (only ever rented GT2, was much fun!)

teh most dissapointing thing about GT3 was that u cant "Racing Mdo" cars like in GT1 and GT2 :(

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 07, 2005 03:22PM
Posted by: Xero
I think thats back in GT4 unless i'm mistaken. One bad thing about GT3 was when using the iLink cable (to link 2 PS2's together) you could only select arcade cars! I hope in GT4 you can use cars from your garage! Would be fantastic fun!
Date: February 07, 2005 03:28PM
Posted by: matthewp
microsofts answer to GT4 'Forza' is terrible, we had some info come into work about its just crap. the scenery is crap and the graphics next to GT4 are like GP2 to GP4. I managed to play GT4 in a simulated, i think its very good. Im not saying its the exact replica of driving a real car, but its damn close, there was a feel for speed and the physics werent bad at all.

GT4 to Forza is like GP4 to GP2? yeah right looks good enough to me:

plus what i've read about the depth of the tyre, suspension and aero modelling in forza gives it a lot more credibility as a sim than GT4 (of course still cant confirm this as I havent played it, but to say its terrible now is just stupid)

EDIT: Also forza will have full damage modelling, dunno about GT4 but I know the previous GTs havent had this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2005 03:29PM by matthewp.
Date: February 07, 2005 03:29PM
Posted by: mad otter
oh yeah, those trees look great...

credit, the cars arnt half bad, still prefer GT4

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: February 07, 2005 03:46PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
EDIT: Also forza will have full damage modelling, dunno about GT4 but I know the previous GTs havent had this.

To be fair, the GT games DO have mech damage. Which is better than Project Gothams attempt where you destroy the car and it hanels perfectly

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 07, 2005 03:53PM
Yeah, GT games' damage is there, its just not visible....but if you hit a barrier hard with damage on, you're gonna struggle :)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: February 07, 2005 04:10PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, GT games' damage is there, its just not
> visible....but if you hit a barrier hard with
> damage on, you're gonna struggle

DO you? I slamed into many a wall and havent noticed any slowdown in GT2 and GT3.

Date: February 07, 2005 04:30PM
Posted by: mad otter
did you put damage on? even a small knock can alter how the controls.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb PC3200 GeIL Goldern Dragon RAM, ATi Sapphire X800 256mb, Windows XP
Date: February 07, 2005 04:41PM

cant remember. have to try!

Date: February 07, 2005 05:45PM
Its in options at thegame's front end, first screen :)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: February 07, 2005 07:10PM
Posted by: Forumla 1
About realism, if you get a force feedback wheel with pedals for the PS2,in GT3 turn off the TC & ASM aids and drive the Mini, it handles almost the same as the real thing
Date: February 07, 2005 07:36PM
Posted by: sasjag
in GT3 teh more u bump ur car the faster ur oil dirties, which in close championships is annoying

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 07, 2005 07:47PM
Posted by: Covfan
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EDIT: Also forza will have full damage modelling,
> dunno about GT4 but I know the previous GTs havent
> had this.
>
> To be fair, the GT games DO have mech damage.
> Which is better than Project Gothams attempt where
> you destroy the car and it hanels perfectly
>
>
> vMax.Ellis
> Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
> www.vMaxSR.com

It's because the car companies wouldn't allow visual damage to affect the handling of the car. So it was either a choice of no visual damage with handling damage or having visual damage without any ill effects.
Date: February 07, 2005 08:13PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
That's odd as NFS4 Road Challenge has both visible and handling damage and that's got much the same kind of cars. Handling is a bit iffy mind. I think maybe the porsche unleased one is good? Is it worth getting? Is the handling really arcade on NFS4 and NFS5 (4 is RC and 5 is PU), as I can't remember about NFS 4 as I have not played it in years? I assume it will be :-/

Anyway, is this forza motorsport thing coming to pc - or xbox only :-/ That is the bad thing about GT. I have played gt1 and gt3 weren't that impressed, twas ok, but no dmaage, and I never knew you could turn off driving aids or turn on mech damage - I just thought the game was meant to be like that. I didn't get much chance to play either of them. Oh yes, and I hope (but doubt that) this forza motorsport thing has in car view :)

Cheers, Daniel.

H E L L O
Date: February 10, 2005 10:56PM
Posted by: smorr
as a veteran of all 3 GT games, i love them. i love sim racing, and i admit that the cars do fell arcadey, but it is the best out there, no good PC game in the style of a GT or a Forza havent been done yet, PC games are more simmy, because more people have the equipment, like steering wheels, personly, i cant wait for GT4.

P.S. Viper GTS-R, Here i come. cant wait to tear areound the ring in the GTS-R.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: February 13, 2005 01:11PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
i played the prologue and i loved it, i also have the other 3 and loved them too, not quite the hadcore simulation i know most of you prefer, but brilliant fun.

one of the things i noticed was when i put the ai on maximum i had a proper duel for position with em, which was much better than previous games.

this was at an exhibition though, so when the 10 year old went on after me he got his arse kicked by the ai :)

Date: February 14, 2005 11:09AM
Posted by: raztahz
forza

Gt4

xbox capabilities not that great considering gt4 runs on the outdated ps2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2005 09:57PM by Vader.
Date: February 14, 2005 02:28PM

GT4 is the only game that utilises the PS2's second CPU. its gonna be great, i really cant wait for it.

Date: February 14, 2005 02:55PM
Posted by: matthewp
Thats not a very fair comparison, that must be an old forza screenshot it looks awful, and most of the GT4 shots you see are from replays, it wont look that good when you're playing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy