Rome:Total War

Posted by -Mikey- 
Rome:Total War
Date: February 02, 2005 03:24PM
Posted by: -Mikey-
this is a class game. basically you take control of an army and you gotta destroy everything in its path. i got it because i fancied a war game and this got excellant reviews. does anyone have it becuase i suck at it and therefore need help. any advice?

Re: Rome:Total War
Date: February 02, 2005 03:59PM
Posted by: matthewp
Yeah i've got it, brilliant game although i'm waiting for the patch to start playing it again.
Basic tactic that pretty much always works (especially against barbarians) is to just put all you're infantry in a line and tell them to hold position (guard mode or something, just means they dont run off to chase the enemy) engage the main bulk of the enemy infantry with them (if you're roman telling you're infantry to fire at will makes them throw their javelins which kills a few) once you're infantry is engaged just take you're cavalry round behind the enemy line and charge, withdraw, charge, withdraw etc... they usually rout pretty quick then you can just kill them with light cavalry as they run away, pretty basic stuff but effective :)
Good site for advise and tactics:
[www.twcenter.net]

EDIT: forgot to mention that diplomats are incredibly valuable (much to valuable actually, think this is being balanced in the patch) because they can bribe armies, so if you've got a decent economy just have lots of diplomats close to your major cities or imporant points on the map (river crossings or mountain passes etc..) then you can just bribe any enemy armies you see, is a lot easier and cheaper than having big garrisons in you're cities.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2005 04:06PM by matthewp.
Date: February 02, 2005 05:47PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah basically built up an army, try and take areas of vaule (egypt/greece e.t.c) and in battles always use a pincer movement
Date: February 02, 2005 11:14PM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
it's a great game but with a CRAP ending

i fininally beat it last night took ages and ages to do and what happens

a @#$%& video and the only option is to return to the main menu

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: February 02, 2005 11:22PM
Posted by: matthewp
well its a strategy game not an RPG or something what do you expect :P

Date: February 03, 2005 01:05AM
some kind of reward or unlock or anything even the option to keep pleaying and take over the rest of them map

it takes so long to clock and it was just a let down

Date: February 03, 2005 07:26PM
Ozz man you can! i thought the same as you but u can continue playing. When you get to the video just save the game, then quit and select "continue campaign" its g fun to try and take the whole map
Date: February 04, 2005 12:36AM
Cheers ChrisB will try it tonight

thats my real name to Christopher Balcombe (chrisB) <que Xfiles music>

Date: February 04, 2005 09:18AM
chrisb aaah the name of true men
Date: February 08, 2005 09:54AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
someone at Activision has a sense of humour and nostalgia about them....
Date: February 10, 2005 02:03PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

bought this game today :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy