Colin Mcrae Rally Thread

Posted by GLD 
Colin Mcrae Rally Thread
Date: February 01, 2005 02:01AM
Posted by: GLD
Hey just thought i'd start up a CMR thread....don't flame me....I know it's not as accurate as Richard Burns etc, and Xpand looks a lot better....but i enjoy it and its a good laugh...even if its not the most realistic game in the world....

Anyway...The CMR community sites that i've seen, quite frankly suck a little bit...theres not much interest in modding it...one guy even praised Codemasters for making the cars unmoddable because he didn't like new cars for games....strange anyway....

What i thought would be cool was to get some chat going about the game etc and see what comes from it, whether we establish a mod team or not etc....

Let me know your thoughts.....other than RBR is more realistic and Xpand is better looking!!!!!
Re: Colin Mcrae Rally Thread
Date: February 01, 2005 02:11AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Hey,

If oyu mean CMR 2, im a huge fan. There arent a lot of cars around, the game itsalef isnt too hard to edit iirc, and the graphics are better than GP3s, so if oyu know where to find 2004 / 2005 cars, point me in that direction! :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 01, 2005 06:08AM
Posted by: ILE_FIN
Cars for For cmr2,cmr3,cmr4,cmr2005:
[www.felzi.de]
[www.bhmotorsports.com]

---
Date: February 01, 2005 01:24PM
Good shout ILE_FIN!!!

I'm into all hte CMR games, they're great...plenty of CMR2 cars, and hopefully we can get some CMR5 cars up and running 2 !!!
Date: February 01, 2005 04:25PM
I am sure you will get cmr5 cars work too because it have same way to install cars as in cmr2...

Too bad I cant get cmr2 to work on my "new" computer but maby I will test it to my 200mhz.

---
Date: February 01, 2005 05:20PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i really thought CMR2 was the best game, endless multiplayer fun and the handling...yes it was unrealistic but it was fun and it was how you wished rally cars handled (much like gp3 for f1)

The moditability wasnt great but felzi has been doing some amazing work and theres enough cars to satisfy needs. 3+4 were way off but i played one the other day (musta been 5) on my friends pc and it was worryingly good (with played on expert simulation mode or somet)

who knows what they might do, but i really have to play rbr ;-)
Date: February 01, 2005 06:15PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I love CMR2, and I maintain, Mr Burkitt, that rally cars do handle just like that :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 04, 2005 04:15AM
Posted by: matthew13666
Well i know that at www.motorsportforums.com in the simulations forum we run a CMR2 championship. And there are links to a few other sites there for new pc skins.
Date: February 04, 2005 10:52AM
Posted by: Coultim
I just downloaded some of the new cars (307, skoda, subara etc.) The game crashes on some courses, and on others they don't?? Really strange?
Date: February 04, 2005 12:28PM
Coultim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just downloaded some of the new cars (307,
> skoda, subara etc.) The game crashes on some
> courses, and on others they don't?? Really
> strange?

I remember I had broblems in cmr2 with new cars on superspecial stages and podium...

---
Date: February 04, 2005 03:52PM
Posted by: Coultim
I have it at asphalt stages (Italy, France)
Maybe textures on those tires are corrupted or something?
Date: February 05, 2005 10:55AM
Posted by: Pooky
i have RBR and its awesome
Date: February 05, 2005 04:12PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
hmmm firstly, that post has very little to do with the thread as it is CMR and there is a serpareate RBR thread

secondly its useless, you could have given an analysis of the differences between the games perhaps but noo!
Date: February 05, 2005 04:14PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
CMr2 was the best. Wasnt realistic in the slightest but it was fun. The others were a bit too boring

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 05, 2005 05:02PM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah. i have CMR2 at home and still play it once in a while :D very fun, can jus pick up and play

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 05, 2005 05:04PM
Posted by: six degrees
gotta love sweden in cmr2 :D
Date: February 05, 2005 05:21PM
Posted by: LS.
I thought CMR2 Was good fun :) and the best of the franchise, all the others seemed like poor console port overs :S

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 05, 2005 05:44PM
2005 is great...just a bit heavy on the graphics...i still play Mcrae 2....plainly because it is moddable with new cars and textures etc.....
Date: February 06, 2005 03:05AM
Posted by: andrew_S
i think 2 wasnt bad, but it had RC2000 as direct competition... no competition really, for me anyway. 1 was the best as at the time it came, it was pretty impressive, after the lackluster effort of international rally championship, not greatly improving upon Network Q rac rally champ, and there were a few years between that and CMR, 4 i think

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 30, 2010 01:01AM
Posted by: NBezold
Hello CMR Users !

I have some questions for CMR 2005 . In CMR 2 , I see always the Stagestime , but in CMR 2005 , i see the Time only , if i was on second place or behind . If I was on first Place, there ist no time to see and i drive blind over the stage . Can I change this with a patch or a tool ? The second question is : It gives a problem im some stages after finish . I drive the best time and then I see on the finish list , that another driver ist faster .

If Germans are here , I wrote it now in German .

In CMR2 sieht man unabhängig von seiner Platzierung immer die mitlaufende Zeit der Wertungsprüfung . Bei CMR 2005 sieht man sie nur dann , wenn man entweder gerade beginnt oder höchstens als Zweiter startet . Ist man Erster , so wird keine Richtzeit angezeigt und man fährt sozusagen blind über die Prüfung . Dies ist natürlich im Karriere - Modus unvorteilhaft. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit , dieses Problem zu lösen . Vielleicht durch ein Tool oder einen Patch ?
Ein anderes Problem ist , wenn man manche Wertungsprüfungen als Erster beendet und dann auf der Rangliste plötzlich entweder deutlich weniger Vorsprung hat oder gar ein anderer Fahrer auf Platz 1 auftaucht . Gibt es eine Möglichkeit , dieses Problem zu lösen ?

Wenn Jemand meine Fragen beantworten kann , wäre ich dankbar . Meine eMail : Nbezold@web.de

Vielen Dank im Voraus

Norbert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy