Best antivirus software?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Best antivirus software?
Date: December 21, 2011 12:19PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Used to have AVG but it was taking up loads of mem.

Anything else someone can recommend?
Re: Best antivirus software?
Date: December 21, 2011 03:21PM
Posted by: gav
For free it's difficult to recommend anything other than Microsoft Security Essentials. It just does the job, fuss free. No added fat as is the case with most free AV products.

As for commercial products, I'd only recommend NOD32. Kaspersky isn't quite what it was (it was up there with NOD32) but it's still a very good antivirus product, and it's free if you do online banking with Barclays. :)
Date: December 21, 2011 06:56PM
Posted by: mika19b
+1 NOD32.

Gav told me about it a good year or two ago now, haven't looked back. You don't even notice it's there. :)
Date: December 21, 2011 07:03PM
Posted by: EC83
I can vouch for Microsoft Security Essentials. I installed it on my laptop after it got upgraded in early 2010, and so far it's been epic, no issues at all. Actually Gav, I found it by remembering a link to it which you posted here a couple of years back, so I owe you major thanks on that.

Date: December 21, 2011 07:13PM
I too run MSE now. I just couldn't justify the price of NOD32 now that a decent free alternative is out. I'd still have a NOD32 subscription if I was limited to Avast or AVG for free products.
Date: December 21, 2011 08:13PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Thanks Gav, I now have MSE installed :)
Date: December 23, 2011 06:29PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Yeah my thanks go to Gav also

Remember you posting about MSE a while back, and now have it on my PC and both laptops

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: December 23, 2011 06:40PM
Posted by: Slash
i had kaspersky too, but it slowly started turning slowly. thanks for the tip Gav, will get MSE.. BTW, never ever try Norton... that thing is a virus
Date: December 23, 2011 07:28PM
Apparently Norton's version for last year was a great improvement, but then it was hard to make the product worse. It's still only there for non-computer literate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy