Summer vacation 2011 - a short report

Posted by Vader 
Summer vacation 2011 - a short report
Date: August 07, 2011 07:59PM
Posted by: Vader
I’m back from my summer vacation and boy – was it exciting. Here’s a short report.

We had been sailing on this two-master for two weeks already and still no land in sight.

Just when we thought we had been lost on sea forever I heard the reliving shout from the crow’s nest “LAND AHOY”. And indeed – on the horizon we could make out the majestic island we booked our holidays on. On the left you can see its slightly smaller sister island.

What the travel agency didn’t tell us – the waters around here are completely shark infested. One toe overboard and already the first killer shark came in sight. Look at see its characteristic dorsal fin pointing out of the water.

I had to save my family but also the crew simply because I didn't want to sail the ship back home alone. So I jumped right into the water and attacked the 18 foot monster form underneath. I knew it was my only chance. Sharks are all ticklish at the belly. So I started tickling that critter like there was no tomorrow.

Done – after three hours of tickling the shark finally died laughing and we made a nice roast out of this yummy shark filet.

Apparently we were not alone on this strange island. Look at this – a 4 foot large footprint - the island is obviously inhabited by bigfoots.

Who guessed that bigfoots wore cowboy hats? Well, they do. Unfortunately they move so fast that I just got a picture of the shadow.

One day Old Slim Jim just disappeared. We found out there also was a tribe of native head hunters on the island. Then we found what looked like Jim's finger.

And his leg …

The terrible truth – they got Old Slim Jim and shrunk his head. I asked myself "Who's gonna patch the sails and play the harmonica on the way back now?" But hey, at least hius snorring wouldn't keep us awake all night anymore.

On the southern hemisphere things are upside down of course. This is how a native village look like there. The human brain cannot cope with this sight and immediately rotates the image a 180° in our minds. The camera, however, cannot be fooled.

Another phenomenon (ZGS - Zero Gravition Spot) lets stones “magically” hover in the air.

Crossing the huge desert on the islands is dangerous. Death lurks behind every single dune. There are countless criminals who displace the stakes (used as landmarks) to lead travellers astray and rob them.

We decided to book an air tour in a helicopter. Funny, how the countless little colorful houses of the busy capital look like little pebbles from above.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: Summer vacation 2011 - a short report
Date: August 07, 2011 08:19PM
Posted by: andreigp4
> On the southern hemisphere things are upside down
> of course. This is how a native village look like
> there. The human brain cannot cope with this
> sight and immediately rotates the image a 180° in
> our minds. The camera, however, cannot be fooled.
>
>
>

=)) I knew it!

____
Date: August 08, 2011 10:56AM
Posted by: mortal
Awesome! :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 08, 2011 01:14PM
Posted by: anze89
looks like you had great time :D

Date: August 08, 2011 08:37PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Thank you for a proper funny thread again in OT, and I like the creativity too :P.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 08:38PM by Guimengo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy