I wrote a poem about how much I care about the royal wedding

Posted by mortal 
It's my first poem ever. Don't judge too hard.

The End.
By mortal.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
You're wishing for a white wedding?
hmm wait a minute... something.. just doesn't seem...

OH, you don't care !!!
Here, be it, a Royal Wedding,
Ones hopes the Prince,
Doth change his bedding.

For soliage stains
Be none to pleasant,
Upon balconies of that Buckingam crescent

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I just find it so hard to believe that in this day and age the people still accept the royal families and their tremendous maintenance cost.
Maintenance cost isn't much. It's probably about £2 per person per annum when you've factored in security (which isn't covered under the Head of State official numbers).

When you take into account the tourism they bring into London (which of course few of the rest of the country benefits from at all), then they probably make the country millions.

I just don't like them. To be born into a silver-spoon family and do very little (a few engagements a week) is very wrong in my eyes. The rest of the country has to go out and make a living and forge a reputation. They have little of that

It's also wrong that people born into the family get little choice in the matter - they are under scrutiny from the moment they step out of the door, and often before that. Of course, some righteous arseholes over the years love that.

But either way - money or unwanted fame - it's a ridiculous system in a modern world.
My mum and my sister will be freezing to death going to watch it live.

Chances are i will still be in bed. Priorities :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But either way - money or unwanted fame - it's a
> ridiculous system in a modern world.

Exactly. I'd be very p*ssed off if I had to pay my share of a $30 million pound wedding, plus over a million pounds a year in security services for those 2. I also happen to hate how I know so many details about this crap even though I am not following it, it's just everywhere and I learn info by browsing to be able to click where I want to go on websites :\.
To each their own.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
If it wasn't for people complaining about the wedding then I wouldn't even know there was one.

My only issue is:

We're paying for it.
We're not invited.
We're expected to hold street parties.
We're expected to pay to hold the street parties.
If we don't pay then the police show up.

Um, thanks?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Will there be cake?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
At the end of the day, its a HUGE part of this nations' heritage.

Like it or lump it, trace those roots way back and they are the current line to what settled this (and many other countries around us) where we are today.

All the way to Germany, Saxe-Coburg wasn't it before they anglicized the name to Windsor? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there, I'm not that good on English history.

They changed it from Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (Sachsen Coburg und Gotha) to Windor, the place where they lived. And they anglicized the name "Battenberg" into Mountbatten.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
They might not be *useful* for us today as they once were, but in terms of cultural significance, its something and one of little things left that many nations admire that the UK has left.

Centuries ago, some form of Royal Family or standout family/figures across the world were the firefront leaders in ruling small settlements to large empires. Its how colonization kickstarted.

Sure, back then they were more to look up to, because these were people who made it their self important selves to take leadership and responsibility and others followed.

This is just a diluted generation of those pioneer royals - and because of the UK political history, it isnt the royals making our decisions today, it is instead an alternate government.

With 1900 guests what's the odds William and Kate get 2 toasters?

Without them our income from tourism would diminish significantly, probably by much more than it costs to keep them.
And I would rather nice people like William and Kate were ambassadors of this country around the world than all of those crappy dishonest politicians we have.
As danm says, the monarchy is one of the only great traditions this country has left.
The rest are being eroded away by the same ridiculous liberal left wing thinking that considers it offensive to wear an England shirt or celebrate Christmas.
You have a good point there. :-)
I didn't watch the wedding, I was busy changing the paper in my cutlery drawer, then I watched some paint dry on the hallway wall upstairs.
Here's some hot off the press pics of the wedding.

The Royal Wedding Gallery

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 04:14PM by mortal.
This just in!

William made me think of Where's Wally because he was the only one in red :S

p.s. I like the Lego balcony scene (Y)

Check this for an epic fail:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy