Some Pics of Toowoomba

Posted by torana_05 
Some Pics of Toowoomba
Date: January 11, 2011 11:27AM
Posted by: torana_05
here is some photos of Toowoomba (where i live)
[www.thechronicle.com.au]
embed src="

?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here is a zip file of some more photos
[www.megaupload.com]

We got nearly a foot of water through our bottom area of our house and the yard and park behind where lakes. Police and Emergency Services have shutdown the city. It will take weeks for the city to be open again i think as most bridges and roads are stuffed and footpaths wrecked. This is an increasingly bad situation for South East Queensland Now Evacuating Birsbane the top 5 biggest Cities in Aust. Rivers In Ipswich are expected to peak at 22m. In Toowoomba all this water came within 10 min and disappeared within an hour of doing damage and more heavy rain expected. Toowoomba is on top of a range about 700m above sea level so extremely rare for it to flood. Last year Toowoombas Dams were at a combined 9% now within a year its over 100% At the moment 10 people are reported dead and 78 missing. This is nuts never experienced anything like it before My thoughts go out to people who have died and who are missing hopefully they are found before its too late.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 11:33AM by torana_05.
Re: Some Pics of Toowoomba
Date: January 11, 2011 11:38AM
Posted by: mortal
Amateur films the moment the wall of water started. Vid

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 11, 2011 11:46AM
Posted by: torana_05
Thats incredible

Date: January 11, 2011 12:05PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
Glad to hear your alright bud!
Thoughts with you all up there!

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: January 11, 2011 01:35PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, I'm relieved to hear that you are safe!

It's shocking and unbelievable what's happening at the moment in Queensland, and my thoughts are with the people who have been or will be affected.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy