Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback Wheel Reset?

Posted by Ho3n3r 
Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback Wheel Reset?
Date: November 29, 2010 09:21AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Hi

Does anybody know whether I can reset the above-mentioned wheel with a firmware flash or something?

It just started to go bonkers all of a sudden, my input on the wheel not at all resembled in the device settings or any games for that matter. It's very all over the place, like if I turn left it will go right and massive turns by me don't get recognised.

What I have tried, that did not work:

- Uninstalled drivers, re-installed(5.10)
- Tried older drivers(5.4)
- Tried drivers on the disk that came with the wheel(4.5)
- Opened the casing to see whether something's loose. Nothing is loose.
- Installed it on another computer, same problem

It was working til Friday. Now it's just haywire.

If there is any way I could save it I would as I love it despite its cheapness, it works well when it's working. Besides, I won't be able to afford another one.

Also, the pedals work fine, if that makes any difference.

Thank you once again.
Re: Logitech Formula Vibration Feedback Wheel Reset?
Date: November 29, 2010 10:03AM
Posted by: mortal
Cheapness! Unfortunately, you get what you pay for. I'd say it's fried.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 29, 2010 10:13AM
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it's either this wheel or no wheel at the moment. And out of those two, I would rather choose this wheel.

Cheapness is a relative term - it's way cheaper than a G27 for example, but it's still a lot of money.

There must surely be a way to reset it?
Date: November 29, 2010 02:49PM
Posted by: gav
It's probably dirt on the pots or something.

It's going to require a screw driver at least.
Date: November 29, 2010 02:56PM
Cool, I didn't think of that, thank you! By pots you mean? Sorry to be so clueless... I opened it up with a screwdriver already.

If I have to guess, a pot is the exact spot where the wheel gives input to the electronics? I could be wrong so feel free to correct me.

It is a very easy wheel to open. So if I could only spot those pots ;)

Thanks
Date: November 29, 2010 03:24PM
Posted by: gav
Potentiometer. It's the bit that measures the movement.

If the wheel has seen a lot of work the pots might be worn out and useless, but I'd expect to see the precision of the wheel decline and give odd results every now and then rather than to suddenly start being random.
Date: November 29, 2010 03:32PM
Yeah well what happens is like when I turn the wheel say steadily to the left, it shows on the device settings almost like it tries to move as well but it vibrates/oscilates, and then suddenly when I go past a certain point it goes fully to the left.

I will give it a proper clean tonight anyway, the wheel is useless now anyway so I don't have to give a buck about damaging it :/

Thanks for the help, cleaning the Potentiometer might be the answer. I probably still have a guarantee/warranty on it but seeing as I already opened and it fiddled with it I guess it's null and void. But I couldn't be arsed to send it away for a number of weeks. I'd rather try fixing it myself.

Thanks again for the help. I will clean and report the results here :)

And if anyone has any bright ideas, feel welcome to post it here! Coz you never know. That, and I'm desperate :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy