X-Factor vs Public, Round 2.

Posted by Incident 2k9 
X-Factor vs Public, Round 2.
Date: October 29, 2010 12:47PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
We saw that RATM's Killing in the Name got No.1 spot on the Christmas charts ahead of Joe McDingleberry. Now a new campaign has hit Facebook.

I'd love this to happen. Yes, people only know the song from Family Guy, but who cares? On a side note though, I doubt it will be as successful as last year's effort, purely due to the fact that it's SO annoying.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2010 12:55PM by Incident 2k9.
Re: X-Factor vs Public, Round 2.
Date: October 29, 2010 05:13PM
Posted by: senninho
This is by no means new - i think it started in March(!) - but definitely worth a shot :)

Date: October 30, 2010 09:48AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Won't work. One primary reason Rage worked is because they already have a huge fan base, ready to pull together for such a cause. A song should be chosen by an already established band that is the polar opposite of what X-Factor produces. As much as I enjoy this song (and the accompanied Family Guy episode), this will not work. Btw, I prefer the Ramones cover of this.

If a song has to be a chosen then my vote would be for the new acoustic cover of Ace of Spades personally.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 30, 2010 08:03PM
Posted by: Muks_C
another reason why none of these campaigns will work is that every Tom, Dick and Harry will have started a Facebook group/campaign copying last year, so the whole anti-X-Factor population will be split across all of them, meaning none of them will overcome Cowell's campaign.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 31, 2010 01:24AM
Yeah, nothing's gonna match last year which is a shame.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: November 05, 2010 10:14PM
Posted by: EC83
If Nick gets in on it it might work!

Date: November 12, 2010 12:03AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Surely the most effective way to really annoy Simon Cowell etc would be a coordinated voting effort so that Wagner wins this year?

I know they'd get the phone money, but the show would be damaged beyond repair...

Ditto voting for Ann Widdecombe in Strictly, if you don't like the show...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: November 12, 2010 02:25PM
Surely the most effective way to really annoy Simon Cowell etc would be a coordinated voting effort so that Wagner wins this year?

Well, excluding the fact that everything they do is an act, no matter who wins X-Factor, Cowell wins. He owns the show, he owns the rights, and if Wagner gets xmas #1, then it's still cash for Cowell.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 12, 2010 04:27PM
Posted by: Nickv
I will buy one hundred billion copies.

*cue evil laugh*
Date: December 06, 2010 11:06PM
Here is a better one.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 07, 2010 05:49PM
Posted by: Zcott
I once was at a lecture in university where there was a performance of that John Cage work, 4'33". It's quite remarkable, actually.

Date: December 20, 2010 09:21AM
Surfin' Bird got No. 3.

[www.theofficialcharts.com]

Look at number 66!

Date: December 20, 2010 09:43AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
loooooooool.

Tried watching it on youtube but it made me sign up an account. So i logged in through my gmail user/pass, and it demands it to be set up with a youtube account. I did not proceed from there. That catches me out every 3 months I reckon. Very annoying.
Date: December 20, 2010 03:31PM
Posted by: Guimengo
For 2011 they should pick Christmas is All Around:

Date: December 20, 2010 04:17PM
What? No.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 20, 2010 05:12PM
Posted by: msater
So CATM got 21st. Hmm. Good attempt I guess.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: December 21, 2010 01:24AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Gui, I feel for you and your approach at getting the point which so often fails. Given the time of year though, Merry Christmas, and I hope you have a good holiday season.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy