So no one won the euromillions last night...

Posted by J i m 
So no one won the euromillions last night...
Date: October 02, 2010 05:35PM
Posted by: J i m
rolls over to £112,000,000 for next week........... well it'd do for starters :P

Anyone up for a syndicate? :P

Re: So no one won the euromillions last night...
Date: October 03, 2010 02:55AM
Posted by: Vader
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love.

Okay, money can buy me a hooker but I don't go for syphilis and yeast infections.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 03, 2010 10:57AM
No one said that money can buy you love and happiness, it clearly can't and I would always put my happiness first over money.

However, you can't deny that having epic financial security would open up several options in your life, for instance it could provide the opportunity to retire from mundane employment and grant you the confidence to do things which please you rather merely keeping up a job because it's necessary to earn a living to pay the bills etc.

Date: October 03, 2010 12:30PM
Posted by: chet
ooooo im gonna get a ticket.

I heard if you pay some F1 teams £1mill they'd give you VIP status for a year, being able to watch every race from their garage!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 03, 2010 12:33PM
Posted by: gav
For a million I think the least I'd expect was a Friday practice session. ;)
Date: October 03, 2010 01:16PM
Yeah... but you'd only be out bid by someone like Yamamoto ;)

I'd probably build myself an epic go-kart track.... then that way I have an everyday motor-sport toy.

Date: October 03, 2010 01:44PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard if you pay some F1 teams £1mill they'd
> give you VIP status for a year, being able to
> watch every race from their garage!!

Screw watching, if you won this lottery, you could probably drive for most F1 teams! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 03, 2010 04:55PM
Posted by: sasjag
i'd start up a sportscar team.

*goes to put some money on*

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 04, 2010 02:33AM
Posted by: EC83
I'm up for it! Might buy a couple of tickets actually.

Date: October 04, 2010 11:19AM
Posted by: danm
christ! with the interest and a slither of that money spent over a year alone, I could probably pay the mortgages of the most active top 25 forum members here, and still be worth as much this time in 12 months.

amazing the impact this could have on some people and their lives. crazy.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 04, 2010 11:34AM
Indeed... even with the small interest rates on savings these days (thanks to the moronic bans @#$%& up the economies) you'd still be making probably over £2M a year, (£2,240,000 assuming interest of just 2%).

Like I say... it's not going to make anyone particularly happy, but that level of financial security would open up a heck of a lot of options. I'd certainly quit the day job that's for sure since £2M a year income would be quite adequate thanks very much. ;)

Date: October 04, 2010 11:46AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
christ! with the interest and a slither of that money spent over a year alone, I could probably pay the mortgages of the most active top 25 forum members here, and still be worth as much this time in 12 months.

Feel free to buy me a house. If I become a millionaire I shall return the favour. :p

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 04, 2010 01:34PM
Posted by: danm
I genuinely believe if I won this much money, I would make it my new 'job' thereafter to make small but noticable changes to all those who have inspired or influenced or added to my life thus far.

Of course, I'd keep my main real world actual job more as a hobby and interest (architect); but seriously... imagine being so financially and time free you could effortlessly travel the world as pleasure, but make plenty of people happy at the same time... including yourself.

Funding a new playground or a library in run-down council estates... peanuts to a multi millionaire, but would mean a so much to so many somewhere.

I think I'd like to setup some sort of accomodation and education centre for the homeless. People who literally have nothing to make that first step to get out of their world and into ours. Imagine... you could have a project where you buy them a mini suitcase; a set of clothes; shirts; casual outfits; smart shoes; set of trainers; toiletries; stationary etc, maybe a netbook... a 'lifepack'. Total cost!? You could do it for £500 per person I reckon.

Get them to live and work and learn in the reform centre. Some could work as cleaners, other in the kitchens. Others general maintenance staff etc, maybe even assist the council. They could gain skills AND earn their keep.

No guarantee of jobs in the outside world, but its a change to give them a sense of purpose.

Still, pipe dreams, eh!?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2010 01:35PM by danm.
Date: October 04, 2010 02:06PM
Posted by: n00binio
that reminds me of a newspaper article i read a few days ago: a man was standing in a pedestrian zone and gave 1 euro coins to random people he met there. somone called the police, probably thinking that this guy was not sane. when the officers arrived he explained that he was 65 and retired the day before. he was extremely happy about that and wanted to share his happiness with others. as this is not againts the law he was allowed to go on :-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: October 04, 2010 02:13PM
danm Wrote:
> I genuinely believe if I won this much money, I
> would make it my new 'job' thereafter to make
> small but noticable changes to all those who have
> inspired or influenced or added to my life thus
> far.

I'm much more selfishly greedy, however I'd probably help out my immediate family, and donate to some worthy causes such as special needs, learning disability & victims of natural disasters.

danm Wrote:
> Of course, I'd keep my main real world actual job
> more as a hobby and interest (architect); but
> seriously... imagine being so financially and time
> free you could effortlessly travel the world as
> pleasure, but make plenty of people happy at the
> same time... including yourself.

Nah, I'd definitely quit the day job. I'd like to build a kart track...which I'd probably end up turning into a business to keep me occupied.

danm Wrote:
> Funding a new playground or a library in run-down
> council estates... peanuts to a multi millionaire,
> but would mean a so much to so many somewhere.

That's a nice idea... I'd be weary of doing something like that though since it's something likely to be abused and negating it's intention, perhaps a school field trip facility aimed at the schools in the more run down areas.

danm Wrote:
> I think I'd like to setup some sort of
> accomodation and education centre for the
> homeless. People who literally have nothing to
> make that first step to get out of their world and
> into ours. Imagine... you could have a project
> where you buy them a mini suitcase; a set of
> clothes; shirts; casual outfits; smart shoes; set
> of trainers; toiletries; stationary etc, maybe a
> netbook... a 'lifepack'. Total cost!? You could do
> it for £500 per person I reckon.
>
> Get them to live and work and learn in the reform
> centre. Some could work as cleaners, other in the
> kitchens. Others general maintenance staff etc,
> maybe even assist the council. They could gain
> skills AND earn their keep.
>
> No guarantee of jobs in the outside world, but its
> a change to give them a sense of purpose.
>
> Still, pipe dreams, eh!?

That's a brilliant idea, send it to Cameron etc.

Date: October 04, 2010 03:01PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I've often wondered if it's possible to write to the govt without being a crazy person.

I'd like to think I'd have the same sentiment as dan, but I just can't fathom that much money, or therefore what i'd do with it/how i'd behave. The thought of living off the interest (and frankly, being able to do most of the things dan described, just off the interest) is fantastic.
Date: October 04, 2010 08:31PM
Posted by: EC83
If I won anything like this kind of money, one of my first thoughts would be to use some of it to help all the people who've been there for me and been in my life and had a positive influence on it so far, of which there are a good many and I've not forgotten any of them. My only worry about this would be that they'd think I was patronising them or taking pity on them somehow by doing that, which would be incorrect, because I'd be doing it as a genuine kindness with no strings attached.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2010 08:32PM by EC83.
Date: October 04, 2010 08:44PM
Posted by: Frantic
i would spend it on a dinosaur, then a Big Mac, and then drugs-rehab-drugs-rehab untill the end

Date: October 04, 2010 09:04PM
Posted by: gav
EC83
If I won anything like this kind of money, one of my first thoughts would be to use some of it to help all the people who've been there for me and been in my life and had a positive influence on it so far, of which there are a good many and I've not forgotten any of them. My only worry about this would be that they'd think I was patronising them or taking pity on them somehow by doing that, which would be incorrect, because I'd be doing it as a genuine kindness with no strings attached.

This is the problem with the sudden mountain of cash you'd have - it might not change you, but it most likely will change others perception of you. I too would like to reward in some way those who have helped me out in various ways, but the danger is that they will feel that now money isn't an issue for you, how much do you actually value whatever you offer? For example a gift costing say £10,000 would be extremely generous to most, but if you're a millionaire it will mean absolutely sod all. You'd have to have an incredibly strong character to manage that. Or you could just @#$%& off and move to Monaco.

I'm with Sim. If I suddenly came into the possession of a big pile of cash, I'd look to start a team with the end product being sportscars - and ideally bring VaderTrophy to the track as a demonstration of how true the real world racing simulations are. Neil Stratton has already taken VT to the MR2 Racing championship, but only Neil.
Date: October 09, 2010 02:28AM
Posted by: mortal
Brit wins $182m in lotto

A ticket-holder in Britain has won a record 129 million euros ($182 million) on the Euromillions lottery, organisers Francaise des Jeux announced on Friday.

The winning ticket netted a total of 129,818,431 euros, FDJ said.

The previous highest winner was a Spanish player, who in May 2009 won 126,231,764 euros.

Friday night's winner was the only one of tens of millions of players to tick all seven correct numbers across two different grills - claiming the prize against odds of 76,275,360 to one.

The Euromillions lottery, launched in 2004, is now played by nine countries across western Europe: Austria, Belgium, Britain, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy