Logitech MOMO wheel problem

Posted by RenaultFan 
Logitech MOMO wheel problem
Date: September 27, 2010 08:01PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
Hey Guys

I have had my momo for close to 6 years now and never really had a problem until recently. The problem is I get the "spiking" effect I have done everything listed here

[web.axelero.hu]#

and everything seems to be working fine but got to thinking should I be using the logitech profiler? I only have ever turned racing games on and adjusted the settings in the game. I noticed this problem because I only could go as high as 4th gear in any game ( GP4,Rfactor and F1 challenge ) maybe time for a new wheel

Jeremy
Re: Logitech MOMO wheel problem
Date: September 27, 2010 09:48PM
Posted by: Slash
i had that problem, it's very common on this wheel, but weird for me i had it on my first few months, now i don't

theres several ways to go around... i noticed it through rfactor with the tv style tachometer..

what i used to do u open the pedals and clean the connectors and polarizers with an electronic cleanser spray... try it, if it works try to keep the pedals away from dust (after using it try storing it on a bag pack or something)
another thing i did, is using the pedal connector to the wheel, "the pin thing" and turn it around before connecting it, that will make the cables "tense" in case there's a bad connection problem, and it worked for me... i know it's a strange method, but it worked... i also unplug and plugged them back until they where good....

the problem dissipated for a while (2 years or more) until last month... when it appeared again temporarily... i noticed on the logitech profiler i had comined axis for the pedals, i then set them up to be separated and problem dissapeard again........... (if you do it make sure to re setup the throtle and brake on the games as they recognized them with a total different key)

i know some methods are not explicable to really fix the issue but it worked for me... it's a weird problem anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 09:54PM by Slash.
Date: September 27, 2010 11:21PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
cheers for the tips Slash, I will keep them in mind if the problem re-appears.
Date: September 28, 2010 12:57PM
Posted by: smasha
My Thrustmaster f430 wheel spikes wildly pushing me into the barriers with the ffb.

I've noticed in the profiler the pot sticks then frantically moves the other way.
Is my wheel stuffed? because I bought it on order and only got it yesterday.

If true,I will throw it down a mountain and then get the Fanatec stuff which was what I had my eye on before being a tightarse and wasting a lot of money on this crap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy