IE9 Beta

Posted by SpaceAce 
IE9 Beta
Date: September 21, 2010 11:13AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
Just thought i'd fire up IE9 beta for some fun.
GPG logo doesn't work. That's a shame.
But seems good enough; fast too even for a beta!

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Re: IE9 Beta
Date: September 21, 2010 11:41AM
Posted by: casabonka
might need to give it a go. Chrome has been playing up for me heaps lately!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: September 21, 2010 12:54PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It's faster than previous IEs (but it couldn't possibly be slower), and it looks nicer, and that's about it. It still is the worst at supporting new web standards.

Nice try, needs more work.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 24, 2010 02:42AM
Posted by: Slash
i stopped using IE's long time ago, their toolbars drove me nuts!... Microsoft are desperate to reach more people but Google's been punding on their A*ses hardcore!

i was very loyal to IE series but ut's gonna take more than just speed to try it again... even Opera is better
Date: September 24, 2010 03:16AM
Posted by: EC83
I've been mixing and matching Firefox and Google Chrome for the last couple of years. Before that I was using the current IE, whatever it was at the time(I used them regularly up till 7 I think) and my God they were bad. They were slow for no reason and they crashed if you sneezed in the wrong direction, amongst other things. I think I could still be mentally scarred with IEs and their epic failings. The ones I used were utter @#$%&, and although I'm sure this one is better, I'm reluctant so far to even consider trying it.

Date: September 24, 2010 09:21AM
Posted by: gav
IE's generally been fine. From a user perspective, the problem with IE is that everyone has it. Everyone having it means that most of the programs you install will look at installing an addon in. Be it a toolbar, a QuickTime plugin, Flash, Shockwave, Java, Office, Groove... there's hundreds of the bloody things. They generally cause the instability and speed loss rather than the browser itself. It's not so much of a problem now (IE's more aware of what plugins are likely to be used and disables the others until they are needed), but it's what's carved the reputation it has.

I'm not a fan of IE myself. I don't like the simplistic GUI and IE8 still felt quite clunky.

That said, I don't like Chrome either. More to the point, I don't like Google. I don't trust them with my data. I don't trust that the options to turn off the use of that data collection will actually turn off all that data collection. The browser seems OK, but it's missing some of my most used plugins for Firefox - namely a decent addon to see exif data at a click of a button and I've no idea if there is an Youtube/Flash/HD video downloader available for Chrome. If it wasn't for my privacy concerns, I'd be able to get around those issues I'm sure, but as it is, Google is still Google - fine as a search engine (though rapidly going downhill with the live-results and the removal of ability to disable Search Suggestions), but not with all internet data.

I still prefer Firefox. It's a bit slow to startup when you've got a hundred million addons, but when it's loaded it does everything the way I want it to be done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 09:23AM by gav.
Date: September 24, 2010 07:29PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
gpg logo doesn't work with any new browser you put on cause the icon is not working ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy