Netbooks are Awesome! (Just bought a Ferrari Acer One)

Posted by danm 
Re: Netbooks are Awesome! (Just bought a Ferrari Acer One)
Date: December 08, 2010 08:56PM
Posted by: gav
It's not limited to Microsoft Store images (as I used it again today ironically, on an edited Technet ISO), but you may have had to have ripped your DVD to an ISO file first (I have a collection of ISOs saved, as I use them a lot in virtual machines, and it's easier to mount them than carry a load of CDs and DVDs around), so I guess your method was just as quick. :)

Edit: I was probably confused at the tool's ability to either copy to a USB disk or burn to DVD, as it offers both.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 08:58PM by gav.
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not limited to Microsoft Store images (as I
> used it again today ironically, on an edited
> Technet ISO), but you may have had to have ripped
> your DVD to an ISO file first (I have a collection
> of ISOs saved, as I use them a lot in virtual
> machines, and it's easier to mount them than carry
> a load of CDs and DVDs around), so I guess your
> method was just as quick. :)
>
> Edit: I was probably confused at the tool's
> ability to either copy to a USB disk or burn to
> DVD, as it offers both.

I made an iso file from my Win7 DVD but everytime I used the USB tool it said it wasn't a valid ISO :/

So obviously the software I had to make the ISO was no good or I was doing something wrong! :)
Re: Netbooks are Awesome! (Just bought a Ferrari Acer One)
Date: December 08, 2010 09:32PM
Posted by: gav
Yeah, I've just tested it and it doesn't work (I used ImgBurn to rip the ISO). Interestingly, the image I used was downloaded from Technet (from which the ISOs do work, as I said), then burned to disk, then ripped back to an ISO. Odd.

Still, you got Windows installed, so that's the main thing. :)
Sorry to jump up an old topic.

I am looking to improve my netbook a little by adding an OCZ SSD (120gb) as they are currently on offer.

They're a bit more robust than hdd's with moving parts, and I seem to have my netbook all over with me lately.

Does anyone else have a netbook with an SSD and feel it was worth it or not at all?

I am about 75% on my way to ordering...

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
An SSD would boost the performance by [quick calculation] a gazillion percent.

If the main limitation of the netbook is the hard drive (loading times, specifically when booting up) then it'll make a heck of a difference. If you don't mind the loading times, and go to get a cuppa while waiting, then I wouldn't bother - the power of it isn't going to change, just loading times... but it will make a heck of a difference to them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy